Ca deficiency, DWC with RO water

• Thread starter AKAJinx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AKAJinx

AKAJinx

I think this is a calcium deficiency. It's DWC, using GH nutrients in RO water with about 1.4ml/gal of CALMAG. I keep the ph around 6 even. Whats everyone's take on this?

Ca deficiency dwc with ro water
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Hey Bro,

Give us as much information about your setup/grow as possible, even if you think it's not important.

Temps- RH - Water Temps - Lighting - Age - Clones/Seeds - Nute ratios and PPM's - amount of water in your system - etc. everything.

Can you get some pics of the roots?

Trixie

Trixie

If you use enough cal mag to make your RO water 126 ppm you should be ok. Also, make sure you have a good breeze over the plant canopy to move the calcium from the roots to the leaves.

Corndogselect406

Corndogselect406

It might be more efficient for you to foliar spray at this point of the grow.
12 Oz h20
.5ml cal mag
.5 ml b52
Every 5 days will get you back on track.
Imo

Anthem

Anthem

I think this is a calcium deficiency. It's DWC, using GH nutrients in RO water with about 1.4ml/gal of CALMAG. I keep the ph around 6 even. Whats everyone's take on this?
I doubt it is a calcium def. Calcium def. typically show up in early flower. To me I see 2 things. #1. you are giving the plant way too much light. #2. I would drop the PH to 5.6 and let it drift up to no more than 6.1. That is what I see

Corndogselect406

Corndogselect406

Also was there water splashing on the leaves from the feeding solution?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What is your other screen name?
@Aqua Man @Moe Red @GNick55 any of you know who this persons other screen name?
This is his main account afaik. I think his reference was that he made an account here for the purpose of posting in a specific thread. So i assume he mainly spends or spent his time on another forum. But that is just speculation.

with this forum not having the typical amount of toxicity imo it takes some time for new members who have been around many other forums to adjust to a less hostile forum. But many make the transition well after a short settling in period.

Some dont as we have seen many times but lets give the benefit of the doubt here.

We are a stronger and more knowledgeable community collectively when we gain members with experience and inexperienced alike

AKAJinx

AKAJinx

I doubt it is a calcium def. Calcium def. typically show up in early flower. To me I see 2 things. #1. you are giving the plant way too much light. #2. I would drop the PH to 5.6 and let it drift up to no more than 6.1. That is what I see
Well you were right. Moving my light up fixed the issue. I also made a small pH adjustment but stuck with the same amount of CALMAG. Thanks for all of the replies!

Top Bottom