CA5P3R's Friendly Mag+ Grow

• Thread starter CA5P3R
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Hey fellas! I been a little slow to start this new journal as December is a pretty busy time of year for me but thought I would post my slow moving progress thus far to keep all your cravings in check.

So I got a new tent for my Mag+. It is about 1.6ft x 3ft x 5.25ft. So not as deep as my other tent but a foot wider which seems to fit the Mag+ beautifully.

I don't really have any goals but having fun on this run. I beat the 1g/w goal last round so I have put that to rest and to be honest I am not sure I will be getting there with this setup because ideally I would be putting this light in a much larger tent to maximize my plant surface area, if trying to achieve the highest yields possible.

Also I am going to be running some new strains this time around from seed so there will be some Male culling I imagine and these strains are brand new to me so doubt I will be getting all I can out of them on my first try.

Should be interesting little journey regardless.

So far I have the tent setup, the light hung and that is about it. Still need to acquire my new strains and also bought the stuff I need for one of my little carbon filters but still need to piece it together. Also need to find a nice Tupperware container that will fit the bottom of the tent nicely for my run off catching.

Well I don't like to make these updates to long winded so I will leave you with a few pics of the new setup as it stands now. Also the pic with the 2 tents on either side of the closet door, the one on the right is the Mag+ and the left is my trusty old Mag357. Look at the light difference! This is going to be a blood bath.....

Stay tuned. I will update again once I get my genetics. :)

Ca5p3rs friendly mag grow

Ca5p3rs friendly mag grow 2

Ca5p3rs friendly mag grow 3

Ca5p3rs friendly mag grow 4

Medijuana

Medijuana

Sweet jesus! I'd almost be afraid that that would be too much light. Sunglasses required I'm assuming? :confused0054:

D

Dogwap

Hey Casper,

Cant wait to see how your next grow works out. sign me up!

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Sweet jesus! I'd almost be afraid that that would be too much light. Sunglasses required I'm assuming? :confused0054:

Sunglasses are a good idea, freakin bright! Had a few friends check it out that own Mag357s that always were brighter then they could stand but when I turned this thing on they looked like they wanted to puke haha.

I need to be more mindful of protective eyeware going forward when using this light.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Hey Casper,

Cant wait to see how your next grow works out. sign me up!

I am pretty excited about it. Been pretty tied up with all the Holiday BS but once it slows down around the New Year this journal is going to pick right up so stay tuned. :)

B

Burned Haze

Looking great, how was the shipping, have you had any failures?

I've been using two backstar 3w 500 series UV

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Hey fellas!

Hope everyone had a good Christmas Vacation I know I did! Time to get back to work though and that means time to start entertaining with my antics once again.

So it's a new year and as you know I am kicking it off with a new light (Magnum+) and now with some new Genetics!

I am super excited to get this one under way and have gone a little TGA Subcool crazy. I must admit I have been eyeing these 4 strains for quite some time now and was glad I was able to pick up all 4 today.

I got the following

10x Qrazy Train
10x Pandora's Box
10x Vortex
10x The Flav
6x Cali Connection Mixer Pack

The Seedbank was nice enough to give me the 6 Cali Connection seeds to try out but don't think they will make an appearance in this round.

I am still debating what to do. Maybe you guys can help me decide.

I was thinking I might do 8 Plants under the Mag+ so perhaps 2 of each strain. Hopefully I will get a female out of each strain.

Then once I have some nice females I will clip clones and ready them for a intense SCROG Casper style on my next round.

Or do you guys think I should just pick 2 strains to run with for now.....

Well that is up in the air a bit and if I run 8 plants I will have to switch back to the standard 2G pots instead of the 3.3G Airpots.

Well tomorrow is my first day with no obligations in quite a while so I think I will spend some time getting the New tent all dialled in and then start Germing.

Almost time folks, stick with me :)

S1

sweettoothg

sweettoothg

hey CA5P3R,
I'm gonna pull up a chair on this one if ya don't mind. I just got my Mag Plus and will also be starting a journal in about 3 weeks. Can't wait to see what type of results we can pull from this bad boy. If I can pull over a pound from my secret jardin dr 120 I will be stoked.

sweettoothg

sweettoothg

Also, if it were me i would stick with 2 strains so you can lock it in a bit better with the nutes and possible stretching.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Also, if it were me i would stick with 2 strains so you can lock it in a bit better with the nutes and possible stretching.

Thanks for the advise my friend. I was thinking the same thing but in the end I decided to go all strains and see which ones make it out the other side.

The reason I did this was because I was looking forward to all 4 of these strain and once this grow is done I will be running off clones for a good while. So this way I will hopefully get to see all 4 make it to flower and take my pick of clones from the best of the best and run with it.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Well my friends it has officially begun. I have popped 8 in total

2x Qrazy Train
2x Vortex
2x Pandora's Box
2x The Flav

So hopefully I get a female out of each strain at least, survival of the fittest! Likely will clip clones from all and keep the clones from the best Strain or 2 as my go to Meds. Should be interesting.

Dropped them in Cups with Promix HP today. Got my little clone box setup again. Gonna start them in there until they are ready for pots and then off to the Mag+ tent they go.

Give you guys some shots once they break the soil.

P

PatFenis

How about an update? I have been waiting for this grow since Christmas :)

sweettoothg

sweettoothg

PatFenis, I just have to tell you that you have the most funny username I've ever seen. Unless your name is really Pat fenis in which case I'm terribly sorry!:banana1sv6:

P

PatFenis

PatFenis, I just have to tell you that you have the most funny username I've ever seen. Unless your name is really Pat fenis in which case I'm terribly sorry!:banana1sv6:

thanks, it was that or "soup can dan" ;)

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Hey guys!

I know it has been a while but I have been quite busy but thought I would make some time to pop in today now that I got a few pics taken to show you all.

So first here are the 4 strains in my little clone box. I was happy that all 8 seeds that I germed made it to Sproutling stage. These Pics are from a little less then a week ago.

V1

V2

And here are my beautys now. Been having a bit of trouble with temp control but working on it. In these pics the 2 on the far left are The Flav. The 2 second from the left are Vortex. The 2 second from the right are Pandora's Box. The 2 on the far right are Qrazy Train. Enjoy.

V3

V4

V5

V6

V7

K11NG

K11NG

looking clean as usuall, exciting when there babies feels like a new family.

Top Bottom