Cal deficiency and dark leaves in 4th week of flower?

• Thread starter Sun315
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sun315

Sun315

Hi First grow I’m 4 weeks into flower and noticed what looks like to be a cal deficiency also dark leaves it did get cold over night one night last week could that be the cause of dark leaves I’m growing in
Pro mix hp
Using canna Flores 3ml per litre
.5 ml per litre rhizotonic
2.5 ml per litre of cannazym
2ml per litre of cannaboost
ph 6.2-6.3
Ppm around 600
Day temps 77
Night temps 68
Humidity is on the lower side around 40

Any incite from more experienced growing would be appreciated

Cal deficiency and dark leaves in 4th week of flower
Cal deficiency and dark leaves in 4th week of flower 2
Cal deficiency and dark leaves in 4th week of flower 3
Cal deficiency and dark leaves in 4th week of flower 4
Cal deficiency and dark leaves in 4th week of flower 5
Cal deficiency and dark leaves in 4th week of flower 6
Cal deficiency and dark leaves in 4th week of flower 7
Cal deficiency and dark leaves in 4th week of flower 8
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
might be a slight deficiency, but also possibly you watered them too soon, once or twice?
dark leaves kinda nothing to worry about.

Sun315

Sun315

Thanks for the reply I am watering every 3rd day I wait till pot feels light and top of soil feels dry

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
this is always good to have as a guide..
485CEE31 F10F 4245 BC7F 1D4D7E9FC1CD
AA18D5F4 34A3 4494 9A75 3C76E3C9478A

plants look good, too much nitrogen would show systems, dark green is shes stocked up on N for flowering.
we’ll see what others think too.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

View attachment 1113664View attachment 1113665
plants look good, too much nitrogen would show systems, dark green is shes stocked up on N for flowering.
I think he's correct. Since it's your 1st grow it's going ti be hard for you to compare.
I was a Peat grower for a about a year. A year too long. It's seems you have minor ph issues as well, but with Peat, thoes can get bad.
Peat is acidic in nature, so lime is added.
Check the PH, and ppm of your runoff. I'd either add dolomite, or adjust my feeding. By week 4, the roots have finished growing for the most part.
Anyway, cut off any formula with N. I do that anyway after thr stretch.
Now is an important time to get things in check, so you end up with a nice harvest, and tasty buds. N will really kill the taste, if not lesched out in flower

Sun315

Sun315

Thanks for the charts and yes she should be stocked up on N I did feed veg nutes the first two weeks into flower intill stretch slowed like tasty buds said then switched to bloom the bloom I have is canna terra Flores
2-2-4 so still a lot of N in it
And I do have to feed tomorrow so I will check run off ppm and run off ph
What is an acceptable ph run off if it’s going in at 6.2-6.3

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
View attachment 1113664View attachment 1113665

Trying to wrap my head around this chart. Obviously Calcium, Postassium, Phos, Mg are needed from the very beginning, so why is it showing them only in week 2-4 in flower?

For example: I'm using N on a 3:1 K+ ratio here in veg, and I'm still going up as the weeks go along, so why isn't that reflected in the chart. But I also realize that later they become the dominate nutrients, so I'm just not clear on how this chart should be interpreted.

AA18D5F4 34A3 4494 9A75 3C76E3C9478A
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Trying to wrap my head around this chart. Obviously Calcium, Postassium, Phos, Mg are needed from the very beginning, so why is it showing them only in week 2-4 in flower?

For example: I'm using N on a 3:1 K+ ratio here in veg, and I'm still going up as the weeks go along, so why isn't that reflected in the chart. But I also realize that later they become the dominate nutrients, so I'm just not clear on how this chart should be interpreted.
i just use it as a guide, like say a week before ca is needed i will increase just a bit until about peak than lower as with others nutrients or maybe my bloom is close enough in ratio and will work with increasing and lowering amounts..,
just a basic guide, like the nitrogen to me is high through flowering, i wouldn’t use that much..,

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
i just use it as a guide, like say a week before ca is needed i will increase just a bit until about peak than lower as with others nutrients or maybe my bloom is close enough in ratio and will work with increasing and lowering amounts..,
just a basic guide, like the nitrogen to me is high through flowering, i wouldn’t use that much..,

Makes a lot of sense. So if I've got this correct, that list is saying basically the week when each nutrient starts to become an issue driving growth, it's peak, and it's taper point. With potassium of course, being the most important nutrient during the last weeks. Or about mid week of 4, during flower.

It's interesting, because at about week 5 1/2 is the spot where potassium really takes off, then all nutrients gets pulled down together, all at once. Except that little dip thing P is doing.

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

Makes a lot of sense. So if I've got this correct, that list is saying basically the week when each nutrient starts to become an issue driving growth, it's peak, and it's taper point. With potassium of course, being the most important nutrient during the last weeks. Or about mid week of 4, during flower.

It's interesting, because at about week 5 1/2 is the spot where potassium really takes off, then all nutrients gets pulled down together, all at once. Except that little dip thing P is doing.
Nuttinbto do with thread do stealin it for minute sorry- @Frankster here’s a Frankenstein in a little more tha so up of soil ! Frosty !

D79055F4 8805 4CC1 8918 35947D518582
065995A0 870C 4808 A9EC 2D72BAA0BBC9
Sun315

Sun315

Hey guys just feed her 620 ppm water ph going in was 6.3

Run off was 5.9
Run off ppm was 580

Top Bottom