Cal-mag Deficiency Or Mites??

• Thread starter Kastrioti
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I use neem oil. I'll be watching for a week.

What makes you think you have mites? Have you seen any? Any webbing?

I certainly wouldn't be spraying any more neem oil on them considering you are in week 3 of flower. Neem is great as a pest preventative throughout veg but you can taste that shit in the buds if you apply it too late into flower. I personally wouldn't use it past week 2.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Yes sir, now ec 1.7-1.8 ph 5.9-6.2
When I complete the missing water, I add cal-mag and b52 as nutes.
I would advise against this. When your plant transpires water, the nutes are largely still in the reservoir. By adding these, you are increasing the concentration dramatically until you change the reservoir.

Kastrioti

Kastrioti

What makes you think you have mites? Have you seen any? Any webbing?

I certainly wouldn't be spraying any more neem oil on them considering you are in week 3 of flower. Neem is great as a pest preventative throughout veg but you can taste that shit in the buds if you apply it too late into flower. I personally wouldn't use it past week 2.

I only did it once. And I put the neem oil under the leaves. I tried not to touch the flowers. I couldn't see a mite, but I felt it was. There's something about eating leaves. What steps can I take for mites during flowering?

I would advise against this. When your plant transpires water, the nutes are largely still in the reservoir. By adding these, you are increasing the concentration dramatically until you change the reservoir.

She drinks 3 liters of water a day. I also add the missing nutrient .
I change the R.O water in the reservoir once a week. What do you suggest I do?

Last edited:
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I

Only add water for the replacement water. And you can go two or three weeks between reservoir changes, especially early in the plants life.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I only did it once. And I put the neem oil under the leaves. I tried not to touch the flowers. I couldn't see a mite, but I felt it was. There's something about eating leaves. What steps can I take for mites during flowering?

Mites dont really eat leaves like that, inchworms or caterpillars will. But it could just as easily have been damaged on it's own growing with that netting on it.

Mites leave really tiny white speckling all over the leaves and small webs starting on the lower stems and leaves, and eventually they'll cover the buds in what looks like a giant spider web.

1st rule of IPM is you shouldn't ever use any pesticides to treat for pests unless you have positively identified them. And even then, you should only use certain products at certain times. If you want mite prevention in flower, pretty much your only option is to use predator mites.

I've seen a lot of people fuck up their grow by trying to fix problems that dont exists with pesticides and fertilizers. Never make corrections until you are certain you know the problem.

Not trying to sound harsh or rude here. Just trying to help.

AngryBeeman

AngryBeeman

Premium Member
Supporter
I have been using rosemary oil in flower every week till the last week for the last 32 years have never had a spider mite problem in my flower room ever!!

AngryBeeman

AngryBeeman

Premium Member
Supporter
Rosemary oil dissipates in 3 to 4 days that’s why I reapply weekly! Rosemary extract is a systemic and will last several weeks!

P

PharmHand

Rosemary oil dissipates in 3 to 4 days that’s why I reapply weekly! Rosemary extract is a systemic and will last several weeks!
What does rosemary oil taste and smell like? No offense but there’s no way it won’t affect the flavor sprayed directly on flowers. If you like it tho and it’s workin for you power to ya brotha:)

AngryBeeman

AngryBeeman

Premium Member
Supporter
What does rosemary oil taste and smell like? No offense but there’s no way it won’t affect the flavor sprayed directly on flowers. If you like it tho and it’s workin for you power to ya brotha:)
You are the reason I don’t like responding to post fucking troll there’s always one asshole put in his two cents worth that would be you

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You are the reason I don’t like responding to post fucking troll there’s always one asshole put in his two cents worth that would be you

Angry, I dont really think his assumption is all that unfounded. I did a bit of reading about rosemary oil and from at least one source they say not to spray it on buds because like any oil, including neem, It will leave a residue that can taint the flavour of the buds.

But I dont think anyone in this thread is looking for an argument or trolling. You say you've used rosemary oil in late flower and your bud didnt have any rosemary scent? If so I'll take your word for it but I personally would still be hesitant to use it in flower.

About the only thing i WOULD do in flower is burn sulphur for mites. Sulphur is an essential nutrient used for ripening and the plant readily absorbs it over the course of a few days. I've burned up to the last week of flower, short duration fog for PM and it left zero detectable sulphur flavor or residue. If anything that crop was extra terpy.

All that said, I appreciate the info you've brought forward. Just because I'm hesitant doesnt mean I wont give you the benefit of the doubt. And I appreciate the the heads up about the oil as Spider Mites are the only pest I dont have a good pesticide for...Besides burning sulphur. So I will give It a shot as preventative in Veg and early bloom.

Last edited:
Kastrioti

Kastrioti

IMG 20190316 235627
IMG 20190316 235622
IMG 20190316 073338
IMG 20190316 073333

B

Burned Haze

Angry, I dont really think his assumption is all that unfounded. I did a bit of reading about rosemary oil and from at least one source they say not to spray it on buds because like any oil, including neem, It will leave a residue that can taint the flavour of the buds.

But I dont think anyone in this thread is looking for an argument or trolling. You say you've used rosemary oil in late flower and your bud didnt have any rosemary scent? If so I'll take your word for it but I personally would still be hesitant to use it in flower.

About the only thing i WOULD do in flower is burn sulphur for mites. Sulphur is an essential nutrient used for ripening and the plant readily absorbs it over the course of a few days. I've burned up to the last week of flower, short duration fog for PM and it left zero detectable sulphur flavor or residue. If anything that crop was extra terpy.

All that said, I appreciate the info you've brought forward. Just because I'm hesitant doesnt mean I wont give you the benefit of the doubt. And I appreciate the the heads up about the oil as Spider Mites are the only pest I dont have a good pesticide for...Besides burning sulphur. So I will give It a shot as preventative in Veg and early bloom.

There’s many other things that can be used till 3-4th week in flower/bloom easily /safe, or till almost harvest ( like h2o2 at 3% with yucca extract as wetting agent

Last edited by a moderator:
Kastrioti

Kastrioti

^

& No offense but I would never a apply sulpher in flower/bloom stage . There’s many other things that can be used till 3-4th week in flower/bloom easily , or till almost harvest ( like h2o2 at 3% with yucca extract as wetting agent )

I don't use sulphur. I'm just using these nutrients. (Sensi bloom a + b / Nirvana / b52 / Sensizym / calmag / bigbud).
And hydrogen peroxide damages the plant roots. I use 1 drop of bleach instead.I don't have a root problem.

Top Bottom