Cal Mag Feeding With Heavy16

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vangs

vangs

so i no you foliar and there is cal mag in the foliar but you have to stop using that mid bloom when buds form... well what about after words< do i need to buy a cal mag product? i dont think its in any heavy16 product other than foliar, any help is great. someone told me that my plants need cal and mag til its almost flush time,

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

so i no you foliar and there is cal mag in the foliar but you have to stop using that mid bloom when buds form... well what about after words< do i need to buy a cal mag product? i dont think its in any heavy16 product other than foliar, any help is great. someone told me that my plants need cal and mag til its almost flush time,
You stop foliar, not cal/mag. A lot of people stop or diminish cal/mag supplements because of the nitrogen. If your growing in coco try supplementing with epsom salts for mag and use calimagic every 3 to 5 days till you flush. Plants need calcium throughout their life cycle. But you can stop ca altogether and just use epsom.

vangs

vangs

You stop foliar, not cal/mag. A lot of people stop or diminish cal/mag supplements because of the nitrogen. If your growing in coco try supplementing with epsom salts for mag and use calimagic every 3 to 5 days till you flush. Plants need calcium throughout their life cycle. But you can stop ca altogether and just use epsom.
can i just use botanicare cal/mag week 3+ in flower? ill use foliar up too week 3 in flower and can i use it till the end of flower?

Angelburner

Angelburner

I Have a similar question. My ppms are at 1000 w/out calmag.(1200-1450 with)
Using heavy/Aptus.
Is it recommended to pull out cal mag altogether ? Or should I take the above advice like Mr.xagain said and also just feed calmag every 3-5days? I'm at 5ml per gal of A &B Or should I keep the additives static and pull my base lower to make room for cal mag?

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

I use to use AN but I just use floranova bloom it has your cal mag in it already. When I used AN I just used GH CALMAG.

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

I Have a similar question. My ppms are at 1000 w/out calmag.(1200-1450 with)
Using heavy/Aptus.
Is it recommended to pull out cal mag altogether ? Or should I take the above advice like Mr.xagain said and also just feed calmag every 3-5days? I'm at 5ml per gal of A &B Or should I keep the additives static and pull my base lower to make room for cal mag?
It all depends, are you growing in coco ? What stage of flowering are you in ? 1250, 1450 until week 4 is fine. Then id drop in increments till week 6. The strain and finishing time is a factor to consider aswell if your growing a 11 to 12 week strain you should adapt accordingly. Ps... remember to flush ! Best of luck.

H

hawkman

Cal- Mag should be used in veg stage only ans with caution, as for foliage feeding it dies help,prevent nutrient lock-out but should be only done in veg stage also (Extreme Gardening has a very good cal-mag foliage feed product )(they have a sample pack)

Angelburner

Angelburner

It all depends, are you growing in coco ? What stage of flowering are you in ? 1250, 1450 until week 4 is fine. Then id drop in increments till week 6. The strain and finishing time is a factor to consider aswell if your growing a 11 to 12 week strain you should adapt accordingly. Ps... remember to flush ! Best of luck.
Ahh! Apologies I'm in soil with coco and I'm in veg week 2 on Charlotte's Webb.
Thanks again.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
The Heavy16 prime has calcium and magnesium . So technically you don't have to suppliment once you stop foliar.

Best of luck.
Peace

H

hawkman

Ahh! Apologies I'm in soil with coco and I'm in veg week 2 on Charlotte's Webb.
Thanks again.
Sorry my stupid mistake - foliage feeding should be done 1 x per week at most or at least in week 4 of veg (make sure you don't over do it) also make sure you spray the undersides of the leaves that is were the up-take - take place thru it's (plant's) "stoma's"

Latest posts

Top Bottom