Cal-mag Plus Foliar Application Rate

• Thread starter seaslug
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
seaslug

seaslug

I've got calcium deficiency in the veg room, I believe. Upper leaves have pale splotches and rust. Botanicare doesn't specify an application rate for foliar feeding Cal-Mag Plus; 5 to 10ml per gallon is recommended for the root zone.

I'm planning on spraying at 4ml per gallon--does this sound reasonable?

seaslug

seaslug

IMG 1219
IMG 1219
IMG 1221

IMG 1222
IMG 1223
Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I've never had great success spraying the botanicare calmag.

Fwiw calcium-25 is an excellent foliar calcium supplement, since trying it out I've integrated it into my routine and use it once a week thru week 4 of flower.

Oh, and it's omri and has triacontanol.

seaslug

seaslug

The reservoir is heavily aerated so I thought maybe iron was depleted along with Ca. The medium is Canna coco and perlite, 70/30 ratio.

I'm just getting used to ebb-and-flow. The table was flooded last night after increasing the EC and the topmost leaves look OK. The deficiency seemed to appear overnight.

seaslug

seaslug

The res was filled and aerated for quite a while before being put into use, I think stuff might have broken down from the oxygen. I'll replace the nute solution. I'm using GH MaxiGro; I've never seen this happen before but this is my first flood table experience.

Instead of calcium chloride (Calcium-25), I've ordered a pound of EDTA chelated calcium from customhydronutrients.com. I had forgotten how dark Cal-Mag Plus is.

Top Bottom