Calcium deficiency or septoria? Or something else?

• Thread starter 23.
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

The phone camera make the spots look a little bit more white than they actually look in my eyes. Plants are 2 weeks old
Calcium deficiency or septoria or something else
Calcium deficiency or septoria or something else 2
Calcium deficiency or septoria or something else 3
Calcium deficiency or septoria or something else 4
Calcium deficiency or septoria or something else 5
Calcium deficiency or septoria or something else 6
Calcium deficiency or septoria or something else 7
Calcium deficiency or septoria or something else 8
Calcium deficiency or septoria or something else 9
Calcium deficiency or septoria or something else 10
Calcium deficiency or septoria or something else 11

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

doesn't look like septoria to me, and I haven't seen septoria affect young plants but I suppose it could; doesn't look like calcium either

I'm not sure what it is yet but let me ask you this, is this a piece of thread or hair or something or is it some kind of bug lava crawling across your plant, can't tell from the picture ?
Screenshot 20200919 072952 Photo Editor

Also check out this ?
20200919 073234

I would recommend checking those plants carefully for bugs, particularly the underside of the leaves and the top of the soil with magnification

Last edited:

doesn't look like septoria to me, and I haven't seen septoria affect young plants but I suppose it could; doesn't look like calcium either

I'm not sure what it is yet but let me ask you this, is this a piece of thread or hair or something or is it some kind of bug lava crawling across your plant, can't tell from the picture ?
View attachment 1032743

Also check out this ?
View attachment 1032744
I would recommend checking those plants carefully for bugs, particularly the underside of the leaves and the top of the soil with magnification
If they are bugs of some type how I treat the plant?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

That was my first thought but more spots appeared without watering.
Not burns; could be thrips (no idea about the worm looking thing) recommend confirming visually first, if thrips use a Spinosad product or insecticide soap for best results, do these plants go Outdoors?

Last edited:
constantine_greece

constantine_greece

If they are bugs of some type how I treat the plant?
If they are bugs, the only thing you can do is prevent them from spreading. You can buy a 100% neem oil, a organic liquid soap and make a solution by mixing:
  • 5ml neem oil
  • 1 litre water
  • 2ml organic liquid soap
After that, shake well and pour some on a spray bottle and spray the infected leaves above and underneath.

Cheers!

Reactions: 23.

Not burns; could be thrips (no idea about the worm looking thing) recommend confirming visually first, if thrips use a Spinosad product or insecticide soap for best results, do these plants go Outdoors?
After looking better the photos it's not worm or bug maybe coco hair or thread. These gonna stay inside till finish

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

After looking better the photos it's not worm or bug maybe coco hair or thread. These gonna stay inside till finish
well you'll find out soon because they're not going to go away on their own; Maybe get some other opinions good luck.
Screenshot 20200919 110055 Chrome

Screenshot 20200919 110931 Chrome

Last edited:
Reactions: 23.

If they are bugs, the only thing you can do is prevent them from spreading. You can buy a 100% neem oil, a organic liquid soap and make a solution by mixing:
  • 5ml neem oil
  • 1 litre water
  • 2ml organic liquid soap
After that, shake well and pour some on a spray bottle and spray the infected leaves above and underneath.

Cheers!
Thanks alani mou

Top Bottom