Calcium-mg def or overdose of PK ?

• Thread starter Medigrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Medigrow

Medigrow

Can't get my finger on this issue...

Is it cal-mag def or an overdose (with twisting leaves)

RDWC
Flowering - 4th weeks
From clones
Led lighting with 660-730 supplement. (from 600 to 1000 PAR, depending on the area)
Using Current Culture nutrients
PH 6.0
PPM 350 (tips are burning if going 400+)
Using RO Water
Water temperature is 66 to 69F
Room temp: 83F
Humidity : 57%
No bugs

I noticed the PPM starts to raise after 4 days of flushing... I added calmag while stopping my nutrient injection and ppm started to lower a bit but stalled again...

I tend over a calmag def but that is crazy... According to CS's feedchart, I should use 2.5ml/gal of calmag (cococal) 6ml/gal of A/B and 3ml/gal of Mid.

I can't go that route else I'll bust my 350-400ppm limit range (as I said, tips are burning if going over 380-400)... So I'd go with proper ratio but still.. Seems it creates an imbalance... But I'm afraid of antagonist, like adding too much calmag and that overdose prevent other macro to be assimilated...

Also, I have few strains in the system and few ones are perfectly fine, no curling leaves, no spot, same distance from light if not even closer...

Thanks for your help! :)

Deficiency
Deficiency2
Medigrow

Medigrow

Starting to wonder if it's light stress... I'll raise fixture a bit and flush...

PK1

PK1

Supporter
i agree with @growsince79 you should be way higher then 350ppm. i used to stay around 900ppm bu this round im at 1.8ec and plants are taking it.

what and how are you mixing your nutrition?

Medigrow

Medigrow

i agree with @growsince79 you should be way higher then 350ppm. i used to stay around 900ppm bu this round im at 1.8ec and plants are taking it.

what and how are you mixing your nutrition?
I use a tote...

Fill in silica, drop ph a bit, then Uc, coco, a, b and mid, with a tiny add of epson salt.

Seriously, I never been able to pass 460 ppm. I give plenty of air and even the CS website states that if going higher air/min/gal they suggest using half the strength.

"Pro" schedule is available

Medigrow

Medigrow

Are pictured cleaned up when we upload them from phone? Leaves in the outside area are perfectly fine...

Which brings me to a light issue...

I raised the fixtures to get 700-800 PAR

growsince79

growsince79

At 600-700 ppm, I simply burn them...

My maximum achieved over few runs was 460 ppm and I was overdosing a lot!
I don't do co2, but maybe that's the problem. I can't imagine why a plant that can't handle much light or nutes would need extra co2.

Medigrow

Medigrow

I don't do co2, but maybe that's the problem. I can't imagine why a plant that can't handle much light or nutes would need extra co2.
the 460 ppm was nutrients, not co2..

Again, that is crazy how people don't believe me when I say I can't go higher than 450-460... On last run, i maxed out at 380-390 ppm. Everything was fine, healthy, not any signs like this. Same strains.

Here's the "outside" leaves, they are healthy.

I think I'll vote for a light stress issue :)

Outsidearea
Medigrow

Medigrow

Here's what I was talking about... At the top of the ppm, that would be 350 ppm! (700 ppm for normal air input)

Latest posts

Top Bottom