Calcium or magnesium deficiency or something else ??

• Thread starter Komonsense
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Komonsense

I’m 4 weeks into flower and these spots all over all the leaves I’ve been adding cal/mag at full strength every watering but apparently it’s seeming not enough, I am growing in coco/EWC/pearlite with 4-8-4, seabird guano, azomite, and kelp meal. I added Epsom salts with water once waited 5 days gnna add some more and I top dressed with gypsum for the calcium but they where pretty big size so I would imagine it’ll take a while to break down. Anyone have any advice ? Is this cal def, mag def or something else. My ph goes in at 6-6.2 this is 100 percent not bugs or pests. My room is 100% pest free atm. Any advice or anyone who’s experienced the same thing and can help would be greatly appreciated

Calcium or magnesium deficiency or something else
Calcium or magnesium deficiency or something else 2
Calcium or magnesium deficiency or something else 3
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It might be calcium. I have a butt-load of calcium in my water, so it's never my problem. (Well, too much is sometimes my problem.) It's not magnesium.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’m 4 weeks into flower and these spots all over all the leaves I’ve been adding cal/mag at full strength every watering but apparently it’s seeming not enough, I am growing in coco/EWC/pearlite with 4-8-4, seabird guano, azomite, and kelp meal. I added Epsom salts with water once waited 5 days gnna add some more and I top dressed with gypsum for the calcium but they where pretty big size so I would imagine it’ll take a while to break down. Anyone have any advice ? Is this cal def, mag def or something else. My ph goes in at 6-6.2 this is 100 percent not bugs or pests. My room is 100% pest free atm. Any advice or anyone who’s experienced the same thing and can help would be greatly appreciated
I’m not a coco grow do we will bump this back to the top! Lol

That being said to much calmag can lock up the plant so it does not take up nutrients properly my guess would be your overdoing the cal mag?

What do you use to water ? Tap water ? What ppm ? How often do you water ?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

He’s in coco if it drys back to much you could run into calmag problems correct?
I really don't know dick about coco, other than tidbits I read here. But this is kind of a mix, given all the earthworm castings.

He added calcium to the surface in the form of big chunks of gypsum. He added Mg as epsom salts. I think it's got all the Mg it needs, but that gypsum isn't going to supply much in that form. You have to mix it in, and it should be ground finer for potted plants.

But I am open to hear from people who get Ca deficiencies and who grow in coco.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I really don't know dick about coco, other than tidbits I read here. But this is kind of a mix, given all the earthworm castings.

He added calcium to the surface in the form of big chunks of gypsum. He added Mg as epsom salts. I think it's got all the Mg it needs, but that gypsum isn't going to supply much in that form. You have to mix it in, and it should be ground finer for potted plants.

Me too - I was also wondering with feeding cal mag and the top dress. Could be overdosed? If using high content tap water would be even worse I believe .
Where’s @Aqua Man ? He’s prolly answered this a thousand times

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Me too - I was also wondering with feeding cal mag and the top dress. Could be overdosed? If using high content tap water would be even worse I believe .
Shit. the mention of cal/mag bounced off my skull. Uh, never mind. I thought I had it all figured out!

K

Komonsense

I’m not a coco grow do we will bump this back to the top! Lol

That being said to much calmag can lock up the plant so it does not take up nutrients properly my guess would be your overdoing the cal mag?

What do you use to water ? Tap water ? What ppm ? How often do you water ?
RO water ppms going in are about 300 just from the cal/mag rn watering every other day

K

Komonsense

I was going to use oyster shell flour but I didn’t wanna raise the ph in the medium and gypsum doesn’t raise ph. Your right though I should have ground it up

K

Komonsense

My tap water is good with cal so I never use it only suppleme
im using RO water the thought of too many nutes crossed my mind but I just top dressed like a week ago I wouldn’t imagine much of it is available yet

K

Komonsense

It might be calcium. I have a butt-load of calcium in my water, so it's never my problem. (Well, too much is sometimes my problem.) It's not magnesium.
Do these buds look on pace for 4 weeks into 12/12 cycle ? This is my first grow. My main concern of the spotting is that the buds wouldn’t swell up as much as they should

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Mixing organics into coco is a challenging venture. I mean at this point its hard to say whats going on but it’s definitely nutrient availability be it a lockout, ratio imbalance, ph or other. Im tight on time and posting mostly on easy fixes and such.

This is a complex one and would need a lot more info and a detailed history to be able to give advice i would be comfortable with

K

Komonsense

Mixing organics into coco is a challenging venture. I mean at this point its hard to say whats going on but it’s definitely nutrient availability be it a lockout, ratio imbalance, ph or other. Im tight on time and posting mostly on easy fixes and such.

This is a complex one and would need a lot more info and a detailed history to be able to give advice i would be comfortable with
I’m just trying to finish this one out with some decent smoke, next round I’m going living soil with peat moss everyone said don’t do coco with organics and after running into problems the entire grow I now see why lol. On the other hand I have a plant in another tent with just coco and synthetics and it’s absolutely beautiful. So no worries the plant has a difficult history. I’ll just try and get this one to harvest

Moshmen

Moshmen

Thanx brother

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Its coco so it shouldn’t be any issue even if amended with organics. Thats about the only way to continually reset and keep the media in a good place that i can see with the likited info

S

Sod

No offense, but I would not use gypsum chunks, or I take it a piece of sheetrock? Sheetrock is not pure gypsum. Many chemicals and glues in a sheet. I worked on the construction of a sheetrock plant. Sheet rock goes from "goo" to a solid piece in minutes at high heat and pressure. Also, there is a lot of junk in the paper. If it's the case that the gypsum was not "sheetrock", never mind.
I use sheetrock around my property where it can break down over many years and I don't grow in it, it is just to break up the clay in my natural soil.
To the OP, yeah, those are some strange looking leaves, never seen anything like it. BTW, is use oyster shell and gypsum, powdered, but very little.

SOD

K

Komonsense

No offense, but I would not use gypsum chunks, or I take it a piece of sheetrock? Sheetrock is not pure gypsum. Many chemicals and glues in a sheet. I worked on the construction of a sheetrock plant. Sheet rock goes from "goo" to a solid piece in minutes at high heat and pressure. Also, there is a lot of junk in the paper. If it's the case that the gypsum was not "sheetrock", never mind.
I use sheetrock around my property where it can break down over many years and I don't grow in it, it is just to break up the clay in my natural soil.
To the OP, yeah, those are some strange looking leaves, never seen anything like it. BTW, is use oyster shell and gypsum, powdered, but very little.

SOD
Yeh I would never use Sheetrock in my plant medium turned out to be calcium def that specific plant needed extra calcium, funny story actually turned out that plant Wich was my first and bought from homegrown cannabis co for 20$ ea was a fucking cbd plant. I can’t even explain the disappointment lol..5 months of my time wasted .. got a QP off the one plant all in the trash. Luckily I had another grow right behind it Wich turned out very nice. Will never buy from that website again.

SOD

Latest posts

Top Bottom