Calcium Or Nitrogen?

• Thread starter Matu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Matu

Matu

Hi forum,
Noob here asking things.
Having an issue with yellowing on my coco seedling.
It's not the usual yellowing I've read on the forum and it doesn't match up to any prior posts I've seen.
Anyways, any help would be appreciated.
I have 3 seedling, 2 growing on soil and 1 in coco.
All outdoor plants, about 13 hours light, feeding with seaweed, molasses every 2-3 days depending on how dry the soil is.

The 2 soil seedling seem to be growing beautifully the coco seedling is showing new growth but a very yellow colour.

The closest cases I have seem. Is too much calcium in the water or a nitrogen deficiency... Also checked a similar case with zynch deficiency..

Anyways any input to get this seedling green again would be appreciated

Below my yellow coco seedling vs my soul seedling for colour. Comparison

Calcium or nitrogen
Calcium or nitrogen 2
Ina

Ina

You just have to feed/water coco and soil differently.Soil is very different,it doesnt have to be watered and feeded so much(it has a lot ferts in it already and it should get a little bit dry before next watering unlike the coco).Coco should be watered/feeded more often.....I would transplant in soil this one if I were you or read more about the coco growing.

Matu

Matu

Thanks for the info! Was trying to experiment a bit. Will do more reading on the coco

Monster762

Monster762

Thanks for the info! Was trying to experiment a bit. Will do more reading on the coco
Yeah I’m running a coco mix n they want feeds regularly. Start lighter dosages and move up as they demand it adding calmag seems to keep things balanced I also found the low low ph recommendations aren’t good. I stick around 6.2. I tried 6.0 and had issues from certain things not being as available.
I feed every day and then give a clean phed water towards the end of the day.
I would also up pot them to something a bit bigger. Add some mychorazzie and perelite for real good aeration they’ll take off.
I think you need more mag not cal So technically just use some epsom salt.1 tbsp per gal. And keep your feeding plan. But bigger pots will help too. 3 gal fabric my recommendation

Reactions: Ina
Top Bottom