Calculating LED grow light settings

• Thread starter Foster823
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok was worried that would cause more issues with over watering. Still trying to get a good grip on watering correctly. Thanks your advice
Simply put if the soil has proper drainage then over watering is NOT watering to much at a time but rather to OFTEN.

If the soil has very poor drainage then it doesn't matter anyhow because it will struggle from lack of o2 due to poor gas exchange and air holding.

Just FYI overwatering is not actually to much water but rather lack of o2. They don't drown from water, look how hydro plants are grown.

When you water to often it prevents gas exchange to replenish o2 levels in media's with lower has exchange like soil.... so saturate then let dry out well before watering again.

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

is your light a P2000? they put out more heat than the xs.

i have to run my P series at 80% for the same results as the xs series. they are definitely hotter than xs and they have a different footprint.
I just bought the P2000 and after looking at reviews it says it’s not great for flower, do you tend to agree or disagree with that? I’m ready to return it and get the XS2000 instead but I’m just cash strapped. Since it sounds like you have used both what would be your recommendation?

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

Yea I have the p2000 set at 80%. Was worried things were getting to warm. Dealt with heat stress for my outside girls. Prefer not to do it again especially inside. Thanks
I just got the P2000 and as soon as you set the dimmer to about 75% and higher the temp on the controller gets to about 129F but underneath I’m around 85 in a room that is about 78-80 ambient.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Any recommendations for a light meter?
If you're iPhone, the app you want is called Photone. It essentially replaces an expensive PAR metre and is more than accurate enough for our needs here. I use this chat from a commercial grower which is intended to be a template for your lighting curve across the grow. Levels are for 400ppm CO2, so basically for grows that are not enriched. This helped me immensely.

55C45001 755D 4FB5 97F8 8BDD3458D92B
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
this is just one review, and i cant vouch for the guy, but heres this:

i use the p and xs1500s and xs2000.

i have a 4x4 with 2xs1500 and 1xs 2000 and 1 p1500. and a 2x4 with one xs and one p1500.

the 2x4 had 6 1 gal clones all about the same size, and all the same age. and a 5 gal plant. one light on one side and one on the other. both at the same height. i just chopped the clones and have not smoked them but they look remarkably the same size, done same time and seem to be drying the same. on day 4 right now.

the 5 gal was not done yet, but didnt expect her to be.

in the 4x4 i have a perpetual type grow. the lights are at different heights and different settings. havent noticed any heat issue once i figured things out a bit. but i have had the mix of lights most of the time, so would i know? lol

Top Bottom