cali connection feminized girlscout cookies autoflower!!!!!! im screwed!

• Thread starter LEON TIPSY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

are they autoflowering

• yes

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
Rocketfueler

Rocketfueler

by the way, i did top them several times and they sit under 4ft 8bulb florescents 24 hrs a day.

Got one clone from a reputable dispensary, grew it, cloned it, flowered it, loved it. Grew the clone to 30" and cut 10 clones from it. Vegged mother and 4 clones & put them under 8 54W 48" T5s (same as yours) for a 16/8 hour day. After a couple of weeks, new mom is flowering like mad, and first 4 cuttings are showing little flowers.

I feel like topping the 4 and re-vegging them so they don't under-produce. Meantime 2nd cuttings (6) are rooting under 125W 5U cfl, now 24h, and plan to report back. I love that I can clone this potent autoflowering GSC so freakin' easily, which will soon be making me a self sustainable MMJ patient.

Comments welcomed.

M

moemoe08

those plants are autoflowering for sure. i had cc 818 headband and it my clones started flowering in vegg. the clones were never in flower even before they were cut.

Delerium

Delerium

There not gonna turn back either. Trust me. My cali connection deadhead og is doing the exact same thing. Ive ran or tried to run l.a. affie, 818 headband, deadhead og, fast and furious, and larry og fem which was the first and last pack of fem seeds ive ever had. I still got males from that pack. And the fast and furious were freebies but they are not any good at all. Swerve and that whole cali connect crew has not taken the time nor applied the.necessary skills to properly breed the genetics. Alot of recessive traits in the genetics hes working with are not what any marijuana grower wants in their garden. A skillful breeder would have known this. It takes lots of.plants a shitload of time and knowledge to do proper breeding. With the cali connect seed lines this was not done. His seeds at the store i go to are 100$ a pack. Now we all know NO SEED IS WORTH THE PRICES WE PAY but the packes i bought were EXTREMELY overpriced. For the amount of work or lack of, the cali connection seeds just dont equate with the $ they charge. Buyer most definitely beware!!!!!
My Deadhead is extremely finicky, some are banging while others put out these diminutive flowers. Not consistent and I have done 4 runs. They are crystally white either way.
I was wondering if they did a terminator gene cuz the first few were real strong but all the other cuttings blew.
The SFV is so so, and the Ogeisel is my second best current variety. My Rockstar Kush kicks ass, that I'm not giving up, that isn't Cali Connect that is probably why. This is in ProMix and top feed hydro and CC alike.
I just flowered out my mom and donated the cuttings, no room in my space for flaky shite.

shoestring

shoestring

Dont know about that supposed ''terminator'' gene. I've heard that term before. If breeders and seed companys do have genetics with that i think its ALOT less pervanlent than most people think. If companies go trough the time and trouble to lock in said genes to make home breeding/cloning difficult they would of taken the time and energy to produce solid, stable vigourous seed lines that produce the buds like they are described in the hype/fluff when they are trying to sell them. And by the way. I do believe they already have so called terminator genetics out there. Thier called autoflowers. Lol. Again... Buyer beware. Or better yet. Get the best genetics you can get your hands on (solid males and females from seed) that do great with your particular setup and make your own seeds. Even if you have to buy a small tent and halide to keep some bomb ass males around. Its so much easier than you think to do simple pollenchuck breeding. And plus side that ive found is after a little time the seed lines you make yourself really start to adapt to your specific growroom, techniques, and methods and take rite off.

LEON TIPSY

LEON TIPSY

Got one clone from a reputable dispensary, grew it, cloned it, flowered it, loved it. Grew the clone to 30" and cut 10 clones from it. Vegged mother and 4 clones & put them under 8 54W 48" T5s (same as yours) for a 16/8 hour day. After a couple of weeks, new mom is flowering like mad, and first 4 cuttings are showing little flowers.

I feel like topping the 4 and re-vegging them so they don't under-produce. Meantime 2nd cuttings (6) are rooting under 125W 5U cfl, now 24h, and plan to report back. I love that I can clone this potent autoflowering GSC so freakin' easily, which will soon be making me a self sustainable MMJ patient.

Comments welcomed.

I couldn't get mine to go back to veg no matter how hard I tried. I am actually still keeping them under 24 hours of hps and they continue to flower.. I have been hearing many others saying that the entire cali connection gsc line is doing this. Several people that I have spoken with on youtube have had nearly identical experiences with it. I am replacing it with the Divine blueberry gsc.

Rocketfueler

Rocketfueler

I couldn't get mine to go back to veg no matter how hard I tried. I am actually still keeping them under 24 hours of hps and they continue to flower.. I have been hearing many others saying that the entire cali connection gsc line is doing this. Several people that I have spoken with on youtube have had nearly identical experiences with it. I am replacing it with the Divine blueberry gsc.

My confusion is that these weren't grown from CC seeds. The big batch of clones from which I picked mine came from a big local grower - it had to because there were at least 60-80 to choose from and local (northwest WA) growers are very provincial. They get seeds only from reputable WA state growers and from British Columbia, where a couple of producers have been in the business for decades.

But I think I have a mutant autoflowering GSC that I can clone and root pretty well (about 80% get to transplant stage), and you're not supposed to be able to clone an autoflowering breed, I think I'm pretty lucky. I'm just really confused.

What's usually bred with GSC? I always thought GSC was a purebred?

shoestring

shoestring

Almost every seed line and clone out there is a hybrid. And almost all are hybrids of other hybrids (multiple or poly hybrid). Even if you think yoh have a pure bred variety (land of origin type) chances are you dont. They are out there though. Some say you can even buy them.

LEON TIPSY

LEON TIPSY

My confusion is that these weren't grown from CC seeds. The big batch of clones from which I picked mine came from a big local grower - it had to because there were at least 60-80 to choose from and local (northwest WA) growers are very provincial. They get seeds only from reputable WA state growers and from British Columbia, where a couple of producers have been in the business for decades.

But I think I have a mutant autoflowering GSC that I can clone and root pretty well (about 80% get to transplant stage), and you're not supposed to be able to clone an autoflowering breed, I think I'm pretty lucky. I'm just really confused.

What's usually bred with GSC? I always thought GSC was a purebred?

Oh I thought you were saying they were cuts from a cali connection plant. Well maybe a lot of the cookies are doing that across the board. I have only heard of it happening (until now) with CC. When I grow out the divine GSC X Blueberry, I will be sure to take clones of each plant and veg them back out. My guess is that they will not autoflower like the one from CC did.

Rocketfueler

Rocketfueler

No, Leon, I'm as provincial as everyone else up here, and I wouldn't grow a California strain because any outdoor crop in California is interbred with every OTHER outdoor crop in the vicinity. All it takes is one stray grain of pollen from the farm upwind, and your purebred strain is fucked.

I just seriously don't get how the plant I got didn't autoflower, but it passed some kind of mutant autoflowering gene down to its clones who, in turn, pass that mutant autoflowering gene on to the next generation. At least it's killer shit. =)

shoestring

shoestring

Unless the cuttings were grown in a different environment( something had to be different) or picked up a disease somehow they should grow just like the mother plant they were taken from. The mother plant u took cuttings from could have a recessive autoflowering trait that shows up only after a long time or in times of stress. It could be a number of things. Rooting hormones are not the culprit. Ive had varieties of plants that came down witn powdery mildew spot that i finally got rid of. The subsequent cuttings never did grow or flower the same and i ended up scrapping them all. Mystery to me. Still is and that was 8 years ago.

Last edited:
Rocketfueler

Rocketfueler

Somewhere I'll have to find a geneticist or an approachable science professor.... I know rooting hormones cant be the culprit, because I use and always have used Clonex and Mycorrhizae in Rapid Rooters under a 7" warmed dome (hint: add a little 3% hydrogen peroxide and spray it into the dome -- no mold, no fungus, no mildew).

And you're right, certain phenos seem to pass on their susceptibility to diseases.

Over & out for this thread. Thanks to all. =)

LEON TIPSY

LEON TIPSY

Cali fuckup
Cali fuckup1

This is what they look like today. They are still under 24 hrs of light and continue to flower. The buds seem a little wispy but it is still a bit early. Usually even with low yielding strains, I would have denser flowers than I am observing with this "girl scout cookies" if that is what you want to call it. I cant wait for them to be finished so I can put all my attention into the new genetics that I am working with.

LEON TIPSY

LEON TIPSY

Yeah me either :). It was not the intention of Cali Connection. If the entire line does not auto-flower, then a very considerable percentage does.

N

nightmarecreature

Cali Connection beans were the biggest waste of cash I have ever spent. I had many seeds not germinate and I had several auto flower under 24 hrs of light. I warn people not to buy CC garbage.

shoestring

shoestring

Its funny. I know cali connect as far as my personal basement boogie is concerned has been for the most part crappy. And ive grown or tried to grow a couple more than a few varieties of swerves. For what he charges per pack its not worth it for me. But iam new here and i look back on old threads from like 09 10 and u and everybody was praiseng cali genes. And ive seen it so many times before. And iam just as guilty too. We all get hard over the newest thing.

LEON TIPSY

LEON TIPSY

Yeah i have seen several threads (mostly in other forums) that used to praise him. I think he actually started out with some good strains, but after all of the reading I have done on Cali Connection, it seems that somewhere around 3 years ago things started to go down hill. I wish now that I had done that reading before I bought their seeds. If you watch the youtube videos where Swerve does interviews, he comes off as... well unprofessional to put it very mildly. I do not want to sit here and attack his intelligence but anyone who has not seen videos that feature him, watch a couple and see for yourself.

N

nightmarecreature

From his site and any others he's not banned from, any negativity about him or his seeds gets deleted. I give every breeder a chance and I'm honest about their strains. I did one run with his beans and that's all it took for me to find out he's a lousy breeder, the worst so far.

shoestring

shoestring

Just wait. This seed game and the internet will build u up and then take u down. I seen it back in the day when whats his face (cant remwmber) on overgrow caught shit with that strain Niagara. Same ole shit. Just gotten bigger seems these days.

Top Bottom