Cali Old Fart

• Thread starter caliOF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caliOF

caliOF

Hi, I've been creeping around for awhile. I have started up again after a 35 year hiatus. My last grow was a 400w MH in a home built 4x4 in a spare bedroom. A couple of semi-successful grows before I had to tear it down. This past Christmas my son, who is in the business, gave me some seeds. "Dad, I know you. You're going to love it." Truer words have not been spoken. He gave me three autos and 5 fem photos. I patiently waited until late March (I know, too early) to pop the autos. My plan was a small greenhouse with supplemental lighting. Overwatered, unmanaged heat (hot period in early April), under lit, pretty much f-ed them up. I pulled them by end of April. So then I popped two Forbidden Fruit X Watermelon Zkittles photoperiods in early May. Got a better seedling lamp and sure enough I had two pretty little ladies. Soon realized the greenhouse was unworkable for my resources. I explained to my mostly patient wife, I was going to grow ONE plant outside. Very down-low, nothing to worry about. I gave one of them to my buddy who has a very nice spot for growing. So here I am with one outdoor plant. I only did one transplant, right into a 20 gallon pot filled with Nectar #4. I will post some photos of her shortly. She's been abused which I will explain in a diary, but she caused me to want to take some clones. I'll post photos of my clone box. It's made out an old Army footlocker. Went four for four! Somehow I've talked my wife into letting me get a small tent for the garage. 2x2x4 tent off Amazon, knock-off Infinity fan, Viparspectra P1500, and other goodies. Thoroughly excited, but weather has been a bit of an issue. Hot and smoky as hell in the 916. So I've developed some questions that I'll first search for, then post if I can't find anything. This forum is fantastic and filled with obviously knowledgeable people. I really appreciate the wisdom. I've learned a ton and I'm mapping my indoor grow, while trying to do the best I can with the outdoor girl.

Top Bottom