Cali water shortage, What`s at stake for MMJ ?

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I agree the earth is capable of mending and repairing itself...but with all the chemtrails I dont think there will be any hope for Cali...

Watch this video..

Wow Max!..I was just wondering if I should mention a conspiracy here! :woot:
I know they have been spraying for years..I dont know why though

OMGgenitics

OMGgenitics

I'm born and raised here in the Central Valley...been around the farmers and irrigation districts for most my life...dad was a ditch tender from the 60's to the 80's and I've seen the good and bad...there were years the water only flowed in the rivers until late june / early july and then there were years the water flowed until Oct.

This is the worst I've ever seen it so I did a little reading to see whats in store for us...I'll be frank...I think we are pretty fucked....it will take sevral years of above average rain fall and snow pack to get cali back on track...found a article on USA Today that states we only have 12-18 months of water left at current usage...in fact the article states the counties of LA...SD and Long Beach are showing a increase of water usage by 1-4%...

If we go back and look at what cali used to be...it was mainly desert and it shows the last 100 years was the wettest 100 years in the last 1000 years...

Keep your eyes open because this will impact much more the cannabis...just seen in the news...the Madera Ranchos now can only use water indoors as they lost a well and the pressure in almost nil...also seen the city of Tulare raising water rates by 3-5 bucks to allow for them to get one of their well a little deeper...currently at 300 feet and need to get to 450+ feet to hit water....also seen on the outskirts of porterville there several folks who's well were running dry....also seen in the news a couple had their water tanks drained by thieves...not once...but twice...
Good info and on target...my friend next door. Her well is only pumping 1 gal a men. I offered free water to get her and another through the season. My first farm was in honeydew 1980... And without a dought this is as bad as I've seen sense that time.... Good news is we have plenty of rain and water If u collect all winter long... For $1500 I bought a 12500 gallon pond liner a few years back. That is what keeps OMG flowing and now sum friends.... Peace max

SunGrown

SunGrown

I noticed he mentioned shasta, I am south of there and just a couple days ago some fighter jet type jets flew over doing trails of some kind. They were quick and low and loud. Very rare up here.

M

Max Stone

Good info and on target...my friend next door. Her well is only pumping 1 gal a men. I offered free water to get her and another through the season. My first farm was in honeydew 1980... And without a dought this is as bad as I've seen sense that time.... Good news is we have plenty of rain and water If u collect all winter long... For $1500 I bought a 12500 gallon pond liner a few years back. That is what keeps OMG flowing and now sum friends.... Peace max

I don't know about storing water...maybe up in the hills...where I'm at it only rained twice this past winter...one was a pretty good down pour and one didn't amount to shit....for me the writing is on the wall and the wife and I are stacking greenbacks as fast as we can to haul ass out of cali...

M

Max Stone

I noticed he mentioned shasta, I am south of there and just a couple days ago some fighter jet type jets flew over doing trails of some kind. They were quick and low and loud. Very rare up here.
I think there is a point in the video where Kennedy talks about the Air Force Owning the weather...more so he says we will control the weather. and mind you this was back in the 60's...

SunGrown

SunGrown

I don't know about storing water...maybe up in the hills...where I'm at it only rained twice this past winter...one was a pretty good down pour and one didn't amount to shit....for me the writing is on the wall and the wife and I are stacking greenbacks as fast as we can to haul ass out of cali...
why not just go to the mountains of cali. you really think even the hills will dry out?

I can tell you that the last couple years at 3000 feet plus here in nor cal it has been much drier than usual. Nice to get work done in the winter, of course, but not ok at all

OMGgenitics

OMGgenitics

Max is rite. Gov haz Ben playin with weather control sense the early 40 s. but sun grow haz jets with con or chem trails. That reminds me of 5 to 9 years ago when we had major out break of mold related problems in the Garberville area... Many blamed the low flighing jets for dumping spores. Real or not. Something to trip on peace OMG

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
In the Los Plumas National Forest area I know people who have to pull water from the well over night slowly or they suck mud. The water table is way down , it`s just a matter of how deep your well was dug as to how soon it will run dry. Springs are running slow or drying up also. It seems better above 4500 ft. but it is also harder to grow their and harder to have larger livestock. Much of the food grown in Cali depends on the water that makes it`s way to the valley floor through streams and rivers. The lakes supply much of the water for the farms and cities in the valley. But there is less water the last few years and we could have empty lakes by mid summer every year if we don`t start getting more water in Winter. I`m thinking I may put in a cistern on my property to collect rain in the Winter. Also a deep well!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Driving down into the valley region of Sact'o through our foothills, this is the first year we've seen the Cosumnes not running at all. It's now a series of ponds. And that's still in the foothill region, so I'm sure there's absolutely nothing "flowing" further west.

Dave just found that Tractor Supply has 2,500 gallon cisterns for $1,000. That's nowhere nearly enough storage IMO, but it's a start, it's something.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
They can order 2500 gal tanks at the home depot for about the same price as well.

B

barefoot

knock on wood ...... well still strong/cold here at just shy of 3000' southern Sierra's.............................but I know a hydrologist on west side of valley floor that says the ground is sinking in feet from all pumping the aquifers below........central valley could become a desert.........tumbleweeds and jackrabbits from Redding to Bakersfield...........

ganj on..........................

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Aye, it's been in the news barefoot.
They can order 2500 gal tanks at the home depot for about the same price as well.
Cool. Unfortunately the nearest Home de Pot is in Folsom, whereas we have a Tractor Supply right in Jackson. :)

M

Max Stone

One major concern is it will take not months nor years...but decades to replenish the aquafier's.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
My spring is up a little. It got dug out and when I go to fetch water I shut off the water pipe going to my friends property until I`m done. It`s still low but not so back it might go dry this year. I was worried more than anything as I`ve been meeting more and more people who have dry wells. I`m hoping we get more water this Winter and next year will not repeat this one. Regardless of the overall rainfall it always seems to come early enough to cause a percentage of rot to my garden and makes harvest a mess. I`m hoping the greenhouses and a converted office trailer for drying will help with that.

M

Max Stone

The more I read the more it alarms me to what we will be facing.

The bills our looney leader here in cali came up with are a little to late...doesn't matter how many dams or reservoirs they build wont do a damn thing unless the rain and snow pack comes to the mountains...and we need a hell of a lot of rain in spurts to allow the ground to soak up the water instead of running off to the ocean or causing massive flooding due to the ground being parched.

Anyone up for a mass convoy out of cali?

SpiderK

SpiderK

If You Think the Water Crisis Can't Get Worse, Wait Until the Aquifers Are Drained

We're pumping irreplaceable groundwater to counter the drought. When it's gone, the real crisis begins.
Dennis Dimick
National Geographic
PUBLISHED AUGUST 19, 2014

Aquifers provide us freshwater that makes up for surface water lost from drought-depleted lakes, rivers, and reservoirs. We are drawing down these hidden, mostly nonrenewable groundwater supplies at unsustainable rates in the western United States and in several dry regions globally, threatening our future.

A severe drought in California—now approaching four years long—has depleted snowpacks, rivers, and lakes, and groundwater use has soared to make up the shortfall. A new report from Stanford University says that nearly 60 percent of the state's water needs are now met by groundwater, up from 40 percent in years when normal amounts of rain and snow fall.

Relying on groundwater to make up for shrinking surface water supplies comes at a rising price, and this hidden water found in California's Central Valley aquifers is the focus of what amounts to a new gold rush. Well-drillers are working overtime, and as Brian Clark Howard reported here last week, farmers and homeowners short of water now must wait in line more than a year for their new wells.

In most years, aquifers recharge as rainfall and streamflow seep into unpaved ground. But during drought the water table—the depth at which water is found below the surface—drops as water is pumped from the ground faster than it can recharge. As Howard reported, Central Valley wells that used to strike water at 500 feet deep must now be drilled down 1,000 feet or more, at a cost of more than $300,000 for a single well. And as aquifers are depleted, the land also begins to subside, or sink.

Unlike those in other western states, Californians know little about their groundwater supply because well-drilling records are kept secret from public view, and there is no statewide policy limiting groundwater use. State legislators are contemplating a measure that would regulate and limit groundwater use, but even if it passes, compliance plans wouldn't be required until 2020, and full restrictions wouldn't kick in until 2040. California property owners now can pump as much water as they want from under the ground they own.

California's Central Valley isn't the only place in the U.S. where groundwater supplies are declining. Aquifers in the Colorado River Basin and the southern Great Plains also suffer severe depletion. Studies show that about half the groundwater depletion nationwide is from irrigation. Agriculture is the leading use of water in the U.S. and around the world, and globally irrigated farming takes more than 60 percent of the available freshwater.

The Colorado River Basin, which supplies water to 40 million people in seven states, is losing water at dramatic rates, and most of the losses are groundwater. A new satellite study from the University of California, Irvine and NASA indicates that the Colorado River Basin lost 65 cubic kilometers (15.6 cubic miles) of water from 2004 to 2013. That is twice the amount stored in Lake Mead, the largest reservoir in the U.S., which can hold two years' worth of Colorado River runoff. As Jay Famiglietti, a NASA scientist and study co-author wrote here, groundwater made up 75 percent of the water lost in the basin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom