California prop 215 & SB420

• Thread starter blazedahaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
blazedahaze

blazedahaze

I was wondering.. Say that I have fifteen friends that all have their med cards.. But not all of them have the capability to grow their own.. Is it possible to grow their share for them?? A few friends have recently asked me to do this and it really got me thinking especially since some of them are not in the best financial situation and end up getting a portion of my harvest anyways.. To legally have a higher plant count is my main concern.. would this make me a caregiver?? Thanks:free-character-smil

B

boxmunch9

i read that it just passed that you can not longer be a caretaker unless you actually are a caretaker, meaning you bath, feed, drive to the doctors, wipe butt ect. its to advoid the loophole you and I and every other grower has thought of. I know alot of idiots that trade their 215's with each other because they think it will protect them, little do they know its like shooting fish in a barrel. if you have 3 roomates, you all can grow your legal amount, more no more that 4 215's at a single local. check NORMal for exact details i just smoked a ton of bubba kush bubble hash turned into oil

blazedahaze

blazedahaze

Thanks for the info box.. I am not trying hit the loophole just want to help some friends smoke the kind without having to pay the crazy club prices.. I'lll have to check norml out.. thanks again anymore info is greatly appreciated..

blazedahaze

blazedahaze

just pulled this off of GUIDELINES FOR THE SECURITY AND NON-DIVERSION
OF MARIJUANA GROWN FOR MEDICAL USE

Primary Caregiver: A primary caregiver is a person who is designated by a
qualified patient and “has consistently assumed responsibility for the housing, health, or
safety” of the patient. (§ 11362.5(e).) California courts have emphasized the consistency
element of the patient-caregiver relationship. Although a “primary caregiver who
consistently grows and supplies . . . medicinal marijuana for a section 11362.5 patient is
serving a health need of the patient,” someone who merely maintains a source of
marijuana does not automatically become the party “who has consistently assumed
responsibility for the housing, health, or safety” of that purchaser. (People ex rel. Lungren
v. Peron (1997) 59 Cal.App.4th 1383, 1390, 1400.) A person may serve as primary
caregiver to “more than one” patient, provided that the patients and caregiver all reside in
the same city or county. (§ 11362.7(d)(2).) Primary caregivers also may receive certain
compensation for their services. (§ 11362.765(c) [“A primary caregiver who receives
compensation for actual expenses, including reasonable compensation incurred for
services provided . . . to enable [a patient] to use marijuana under this article, or for
payment for out-of-pocket expenses incurred in providing those services, or both, . . . shall
not, on the sole basis of that fact, be subject to prosecution” for possessing or transporting
marijuana].)

blazedahaze

blazedahaze

yeah that's what i get out of it.. as long as they are in the same city or county.. being in LA I think it probably leads more towards county.. I wish that someone who currently practices this would chime in and shed some more light on the subject..

S

SkyHi

I was reacently told at a grow class, by the instructor, that you can have a joint garden. you must post all of there recommendations and also have some thing signed and posted to the effect that you guys have a community garden and have joined resources. iam not sure how true it is so i would do some research on community gardens.

M

Medic

just pulled this off of GUIDELINES FOR THE SECURITY AND NON-DIVERSION
OF MARIJUANA GROWN FOR MEDICAL USE

Primary Caregiver: A primary caregiver is a person who is designated by a
qualified patient and “has consistently assumed responsibility for the housing, health, or
safety” of the patient. (§ 11362.5(e).) California courts have emphasized the consistency
element of the patient-caregiver relationship. Although a “primary caregiver who
consistently grows and supplies . . . medicinal marijuana for a section 11362.5 patient is
serving a health need of the patient,” someone who merely maintains a source of
marijuana does not automatically become the party “who has consistently assumed
responsibility for the housing, health, or safety” of that purchaser. (People ex rel. Lungren
v. Peron (1997) 59 Cal.App.4th 1383, 1390, 1400.) A person may serve as primary
caregiver to “more than one” patient, provided that the patients and caregiver all reside in
the same city or county. (§ 11362.7(d)(2).) Primary caregivers also may receive certain
compensation for their services. (§ 11362.765(c) [“A primary caregiver who receives
compensation for actual expenses, including reasonable compensation incurred for
services provided . . . to enable [a patient] to use marijuana under this article, or for
payment for out-of-pocket expenses incurred in providing those services, or both, . . . shall
not, on the sole basis of that fact, be subject to prosecution” for possessing or transporting
marijuana].)

Thank you for that beautiful information.

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

So does this mean that the grower has to have a 215 card as well or just the patient?

purpleberry

purpleberry

Its really differnt in some countys, Check your local law. Some go by the state law and youll only be able to have 12 plants per patient. Some have there own guide lines. Some like mine dont have any. In that case ask your doctor and he will tell you what you can do. My doc recomends you dont care give for more than 3-4 people, and he writes paper work for you to be there primary care giver. Trading recomendations and trying to grow as much as you think you can will get you in trouble if they come looking at you.
I wish are county would write guide lines, Theres guys that think they can grow 100 plants out side because there doc said they can have 100 plants. Well if you get caught with 50 lbs at harvest time I dont think the doc can back you up. lol

D

Dscooterman

I was wondering.. Say that I have fifteen friends that all have their med cards.. But not all of them have the capability to grow their own.. Is it possible to grow their share for them?? A few friends have recently asked me to do this and it really got me thinking especially since some of them are not in the best financial situation and end up getting a portion of my harvest anyways.. To legally have a higher plant count is my main concern.. would this make me a caregiver?? Thanks:free-character-smil
There is actually no law or anything as of yet for the leagal transfer of marajuana between 2 people u can grow, it for other people as a medical garden.as per the law we can both have a 215 recomendation but there is no leagal was transfer it to someone etse.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Its perfectly legal to grow , up to 6 max plants per household.
Posses all you grow at home
In person no more then an oz while out and about.
You can share, with adults over the age of 21.
That’s the basics of rec law in Cali atm.
Now I wouldn’t persay exchange god for any money. That would be “illegal”.

Latest posts

Top Bottom