Calling all PM experts. How do you deal?

• Thread starter radmobile
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SanTheGoblin

OK, so I’m sure anyone that grows weed has dealt with PM. I’ve been growing for a little over a year and regardless of where I grow (inside or out) I always have PM. Here are things I’ve tried:
Neem Oil - gross smell and if you get it on your buds, your weed tastes like crap and smell like crap
Ph @ 10+ - this is a myth from my experience. I soaked 2 plants with over 11 ph and the alkaline didn’t kill any (literally ANY) of the PM.
Potassium Bicarbonate, 1/4 cup whole milk and a gallon of water - this works. Every time I use this, it kills the PM. This is great in Veg but if you spray your buds it will definitely brown the buds and take away the sweet aroma and terpenes.
Ive bleached my flower room, wipe all the walls and even removed every single thing except the plants. No matter how clean it gets, the PM is back within a couple weeks.

im setup in a 8x13 basement room (finished) with an air intake from outside and an exhaust that goes up the chimney. I know the intake charcoal filter doesn’t block PM so I’m considering a sealed room approach.

before I do that, does anyone have any other tricks to kill/mitigate PM without it affecting the buds? I’m SOOOOOO tired of PM.
Almost quit growing all together because it’s so often an issue. Any help
Would be HUGE!
Two big red flags from reading this were Basement and Air intake from outside. I work in the industry and grow indoor and outdoor at home.
Pm is Systemic, forget what anyone else says. If you're cloning out from a mother you might as well start another pheno hunt. Because you will only be able to hold it at bay. Never fully get rid of it. From experience and after witnessing this with 10s of thousands of plants. Plant Therapy is going to be your best friend. If you had the correct environment some nematodes may work but very tricky and easy to kill. It's winter now but I'd scope the area you live for fruit trees. Pm magnets. Could be a source of your problems. As well as low laying vegetable and fruit plants like squash.

radmobile

radmobile

Two big red flags from reading this were Basement and Air intake from outside. I work in the industry and grow indoor and outdoor at home.
Pm is Systemic, forget what anyone else says. If you're cloning out from a mother you might as well start another pheno hunt. Because you will only be able to hold it at bay. Never fully get rid of it. From experience and after witnessing this with 10s of thousands of plants. Plant Therapy is going to be your best friend. If you had the correct environment some nematodes may work but very tricky and easy to kill. It's winter now but I'd scope the area you live for fruit trees. Pm magnets. Could be a source of your problems. As well as low laying vegetable and fruit plants like squash.
This is great advice. I appreciate the straightforward response. I was actually able to beat it. Not just beat it, but completely remove and chance of it ever coming again as well. I spent the money and bought the Airo home/hobby.

Now I know this is an extreme measure and quite expensive (roughly a grand) but now I’m a sealed room with co2 and I have zero problems. 2 years of wasting money and time.
here it is if you want to check it out:
MAJOR game changer for me. Now I can grow like I’ve always dreamed.

P

PlantProgressAccount

Hey brand new here. Dealing with some new PM issues. Tried a bunch of different solutions , but they all seemed to ruin the flowers. I’m reading it’s 50/50 on how bad it is for you if you smoke the flower. It seems like it’s just on the leaves but obviously it will get to the buds too. I’m at the point where I want to scrap the whole project and clean the entire house with bleach and rubbing alcohol. I’ve tried the bucket washing method and cleaning The buds, but after drying and curing didn’t taste right. I’m not angry at the whole PM issue , I’ve only been growing for less then 6 months and learned a lot from all this. Other then cleaning TF out of your house and removing all the plants period. For this next run I have expensive seeds and I want it to be perfect. Any advice on cleaning if it will still come back and/or is it ok to smoke flower with a smidge of PM? I’ve read PM will stay at a location for over 3 years.

radmobile

radmobile

Hey brand new here. Dealing with some new PM issues. Tried a bunch of different solutions , but they all seemed to ruin the flowers. I’m reading it’s 50/50 on how bad it is for you if you smoke the flower. It seems like it’s just on the leaves but obviously it will get to the buds too. I’m at the point where I want to scrap the whole project and clean the entire house with bleach and rubbing alcohol. I’ve tried the bucket washing method and cleaning The buds, but after drying and curing didn’t taste right. I’m not angry at the whole PM issue , I’ve only been growing for less then 6 months and learned a lot from all this. Other then cleaning TF out of your house and removing all the plants period. For this next run I have expensive seeds and I want it to be perfect. Any advice on cleaning if it will still come back and/or is it ok to smoke flower with a smidge of PM? I’ve read PM will stay at a location for over 3 years.
I feel for you big time on this one. I live in one of the upper New England states and PM has been an issue for the entire time I’ve been learning (only like 2 1/2 years). I scrapped so many grows and wasted so much money. I would take a look through the thread and see what others have said. I gave up. It was either spend the money or stop growing. So I spent the money and bought the device I mentioned in this thread. Good luck for sure. I really feel for you on this one!!

stp

stp

Sealing up your indoor space will be a huge help, if you're willing to go that route. Otherwise, adequate filtration of the intake will be crucial. I'd want merv-13 or better.
Chlorine dioxide is an incredible disinfectant, but can be tricky (and dangerous) to use. What makes it so great is that it's able to disinfect at incredibly low concentrations, so the gas created from the reaction is able to reach hard to access places with the death touch. Prokure and others make pre measured packets that you just put in water, and it begins to create the gas. It's something you would want to do in between crops, and at a time when you can afford to be out of there for 8+ hours.
Multiple Clo2 treatments, eliminating infected mothers, and heavily filtered pressurized gardens is how I was able to beat it after losing my ass for 2 straight years
Have you used the gas during flower for PM? I’m about to but afraid of oxidation and plants changing colors. Does anything like this happen when you use it?

Top Bottom