• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I hope the very best for your family.

I destroyed my family and did a decade+ in prison behind a strong cocaine addiction. I can attest that treatment only works if the person wants it too.

Even though it may be hard, if she doesn't react positively to treatment, tough love is the only thing an addict needs.

Shore up your heart. Have faith. Some people need to touch the very very bottom before they reach for the light. What you do for her now could be the very catalyst that harbors change. It's paramount that your not enabling any addictive behavior. There is such a fine moral line to walk between being a compassionate and caring parent and not being part of the problem. Sometimes you may feel like your not helping like you should as a parent or just as a good person.

You have to let her work out her own issues.

If she uses your grandchild as an emotion crutch to pull at your heart strings. Step back from her, let her addiction run it course, when CPS does intervene, then swoop in an rescue the baby. Be wary that some addicts prefer that their parents raise their children, so don't fall into that trap. And by trap, I mean enabling her to live carefree.

I wish the best for you. I pray for her.
Peace

truth..
also I would highly recommend consoling for you as well so you know how to deal with her problem and the problems this is causing in your life..
Remember us addicts are never cured we only hope for recovery.
I shudder when folks say they have it beat...
We are never stronger than the urge.
Sweet surrender, it wins everytime so why take that 1st sip..
I surrendered to that fact and that has kept me from that 1st drink for 14 years..

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@dlovejah

@Toaster79

@KarmaKingz

@chickenman

@sun

@G gnome

@kolah

@Skoosh

@Kdub

@ShroomKing

@CBDEMON

@Growin Grass

@SonOfDaMourning

@diamond2.0,

Wow, you guys are off the friggn hook. Damn near brought a tear to my eye seeing the bunch of you all taking the time to show the cactus man a little love. The blessing, prayers, good vibes and karma is overwhelming, in a good way. Like I was telling @Skoosh its stuff like this that renews my faith in mankind. Too bad we couldn't get the whole planet to roll like we stoners do. The personal struggles some of you shared publicly to identify with my situation was awesome!!!! Congrats on your triumphs and clean time. You should all be proud!!!!!. But lets see if my memory serves me, " Dont get too comfortable with your recovery cause that mofo (addiction) is cunning , baffling & powerful.
dont know bout you guys but even after 21 years clean from Ola and chiva my addiction is always standing close by doing jumping jacks waiting for me to come back.

What struck me was it reminded me of the recovery rooms I used to frequent many years ago and you guys were giving back what was so freely given to you and on a spiritual level that is just too friggn kool.

I Thank my HP that I have the tools today to soldier thru this no matter what the turn out is for Alicia. Time will tell. All I can do at this point is continue to teach by example, and love her till she can learn to love herself again.

Thank you all again for reaching out today and I will always remember this day. If any of you ever need a hand and shit gets sideways on you please dont hesitate to reach out to me and I will do what I can within my abilities. I hope to see some of you all in Denver for a real handshake and a hug............. Peace out

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Your story brought tears to my eyes bro. I haven't struggled too much with addiction. Although I do love a plethora of narcotics, I always seem to be able to pick them up and put them down as I see fit. I have family that is caught up in the situation though, so it definitely hits close to home. I wish you and your family well brother. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Mr.X

Mr.X

Hey, im relatively new in the comunity but i find all your posts very interesting and informative. Thats how i ran into this because i always take a look @ yer threads. Im sending all my best wishes 2u man and positive vibrations. I hope that you and your family overcome this adversity and emerge both stronger and closer from this experience.

H

happy b

Hey jump,so sorry to hear about your daughters woes . never forgot while people still care about her she always has a chance.
much respect to you for the effort you put in. your a good father . that's the best compliment I can give imo.
I know you will never give up on her even though it's so hard to watch her doing it to herself.
your both in my thoughts.
I hope it all works out for you and your daughter.
much respect and many many positive Happy B vibes to you.

Skoosh

Skoosh

JC:
As I used to say:
OF COURSE YOU LOVE HER, You saw her through her teenage years and didn't kill her (That was sarcasm, obviously)

Tell you what, I will set my distaste for crowds aside, as long as you can GUARANTEE I'm not gonna be standing in line for like... three or four hours. (That was NOT sarcasm, if the lines are long, then come meet me out in the whatever (parking lot, Sloan's Lake, whatever)(Although if you're @ Sloan's Lake, you're about 5 minutes from MY house (NO lines, NO crowds.)

Oh, and I'm about to answer your question on which band I played bass for (before my carpel tunnel pain took over my sleeping hours) as long as it's YOUR & MY secret. (Nobody would believe it anyway, LOL)

Mitakuye Oyasin (Uh, DUH!)
& you are of:
Chante Waste

Tecumseh was one of my ancestors. Seriously
Sk
;-)_~~

primordial

primordial

So close to home and as we see time and time again, so close to most of us. I'm faithful of the most high and I have seen that temptation seeks out the most faithful to mock them in attempt to rock them. Seeing the eyes of our grandson reminds me how effortless love is, and precious but all so resilient as well. When I was avalanching and busting threw bottoms in a timeless speed trap, I would express to the heavens how I didn't not deserve forgiveness or love if I indeed had it still God knows although hate was all around me, love was the very last to leave my body
The power of the most high waits anxiously for our very first thought and instantly arrives to our side with a thought as tiny as a mustard seed, the most high wakes up and puts to sleep every single star every night by name......
Amen

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I know you all may have seen this before but, I will share once again. It helps me to share this.. still am amazed at how my life turned out...
Maybe have her read this for inspiration.

Here is my story, I post this to help remind me in words to keep up the good work and hope it may inspire others who may have the same problem or know of someone who may also.

I am a recovering alcoholic,14 yrs sober. My drinking was killing me.

No matter what i did AA meetings 2 30 day treatments in Hosp., just could not quit drinking. I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. During the holiday season I sobered up for a few weeks. Someone left a gift wrapped 6 pack of ...beer on my porch, that was all it took, off the wagon I went.

I drank over 20 to 30 beers that night and became so sick I puked up lots of blood, happened before, but this time It really scared me. I told my gal, she said enough's enough's your choice it was her or the suds. Once again I promised never again, went to AA, cried, prayed, white knuckled it out.

A few weeks later we took a drive our west kinda looking for properties. We turned off highway, up this mesa and the 1st for sale sign we saw, looked good. I went to door and the old man said get an agent. his wife invited me inside nothing special inside. I went out back and walked the property and was soon overwhelmed by the most beautiful place ive ever seen. I broke out in tears and had goosebumps, i knew this was where I belong and asked God to help me. I knew i would not be worthy of this if i continued to drink.

We did get the agent my gal loved it as well. I called my father for advise and a loan for earnest money to sign contract. He didn't go for it, cant blame him I was a mess and he knew it. My gal believed in me. she put her paid for house on market and within 24 hrs had a contract. We put earnest money on credit card and signed contract to move.

I called my dad and told him, he said if its in my heart we have his blessings good luck. I also asked him to be my best man at our wedding 6 months later. We moved all ready for the big day however my father had a stroke 1 week before and was in bad shape. I went to visit him he came around we talked hugged, I left him and he died 1 day before the big day.

We proceeded with our plans at Gala Gardens in Denver, I was a sober mess. Tears of joy and sadness flowed .
During the ceremony the lady doing the vows asked for my fathers presents to show itself and at that moment a butterfly landed on my chest right on my heart. After more tears, hugs handshakes a thunderstorm roared thru briefly. His blessing.

I still get goosebumps and tears of joy here almost daily. So nice now that there is no misery, doubt, fear, hopelessness, life so so good and iam so thankful for my loving wife, my garden chickens, goats, health, my blessings are endless.

So don't be afraid to follow and listen to your heart and do what you think is right no matter how impossible it may seem miracles do happen it happened to me it can happen to you Thanks all for letting me share this. it s does me just as much good as i hope it does you...

sixstring

sixstring

positive thoughts and prayers bring positive outcomes,stay positive and it will be contageous.i been off the sauce for 5.5 years now even though i lost my oldest daughter and grand daughter during the process of getting clean(it was my motivation at first) but i still fight the urge often.i wish you and your child the best of luck man.what helped me most was to remove all the people in my life that enabled me to live like that,that had no intention of getting clean with me.sad to say one of those close friends died 2 weeks ago,but i see now that it could have been me right there with him.it took me a few crash n burns before i finally turned the corner.something that has come up a few times in my life and i even read it once online and use it myself now is "never let go of the rope"
tell her what my wife told me over and over(i think she would lay in bed and wisper it in my ear while i was asleep lol) you can do this,but do it for you.good luck JC,peace

Skoosh

Skoosh

@chickenman:
Hugs to you too, brother.
(Did you see my PM asking for a bird?)
(I wanna taste what that kind of love and diligence tastes like.)
(I also can use the offal to feed my 100 lb 'retard')

primordial

primordial

@dlovejah

@Toaster79

@KarmaKingz

@chickenman

@sun

@G gnome

@kolah

@Skoosh

@Kdub

@ShroomKing

@CBDEMON

@Growin Grass

@SonOfDaMourning

@diamond2.0,

Wow, you guys are off the friggn hook. Damn near brought a tear to my eye seeing the bunch of you all taking the time to show the cactus man a little love. The blessing, prayers, good vibes and karma is overwhelming, in a good way. Like I was telling @Skoosh its stuff like this that renews my faith in mankind. Too bad we couldn't get the whole planet to roll like we stoners do. The personal struggles some of you shared publicly to identify with my situation was awesome!!!! Congrats on your triumphs and clean time. You should all be proud!!!!!. But lets see if my memory serves me, " Dont get too comfortable with your recovery cause that mofo (addiction) is cunning , baffling & powerful.
dont know bout you guys but even after 21 years clean from Ola and chiva my addiction is always standing close by doing jumping jacks waiting for me to come back.

What struck me was it reminded me of the recovery rooms I used to frequent many years ago and you guys were giving back what was so freely given to you and on a spiritual level that is just too friggn kool.

I Thank my HP that I have the tools today to soldier thru this no matter what the turn out is for Alicia. Time will tell. All I can do at this point is continue to teach by example, and love her till she can learn to love herself again.

Thank you all again for reaching out today and I will always remember this day. If any of you ever need a hand and shit gets sideways on you please dont hesitate to reach out to me and I will do what I can within my abilities. I hope to see some of you all in Denver for a real handshake and a hug............. Peace out
Love the sig, love the love, and the times I have bitten my tongue it has always been worth the blood I taste in my own mouth.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom