Calling all professionals on PM

• Thread starter Quadscrusher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Q

Quadscrusher

Hello everyone!

I have read alot of different things on Powdery mildew and want a professional opinion on my situation!

So My Ladys are in week 3 of flower in a bedroom in the basement of my house.

Conditions are 37-42 RH AT ALL TIMES
Temp at 75- 85 degrees at all times

I am using 600w and 480w quantum boards

And now i am having problems with powdery mildew popping up on leaves of 2 of 4 plants....

I read baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, fungicides and various methods of holding back or eliminating the growth of PM.

My question is what is the safest easiest method in containing the pm up till harvest so my plants dont get over run?

Calling all professionals on pm
Calling all professionals on pm 2
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sulphur burner. Start with a 1.5 hr burn every dark cycle for 4 days, then every other day for 4 more days, then a 1 hr burn once every 5 days. Do the last burn 10 days before harvest.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah, sulfur on my buds is what I want to be smoking come harvest.

Lol

Sulphur doesnt stay on your buds like it does on a hard dead surface. The plant takes it in and metabolizes and utilizes it.

It only takes about 5 days for the plant to completely eliminate the sulphur, which is why you have to do it every 5 days. If you dont, the PM will come back, which it wouldnt if there was still sulphur there. I only go 10 days of no sulphur at the end because the plants metabolism slows near the end.

Mind you, I dont do this preventatively. I'll only use sulphur in flower if PM shows up in flower.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Hello everyone!

I have read alot of different things on Powdery mildew and want a professional opinion on my situation!

So My Ladys are in week 3 of flower in a bedroom in the basement of my house.

Conditions are 37-42 RH AT ALL TIMES
Temp at 75- 85 degrees at all times

I am using 600w and 480w quantum boards

And now i am having problems with powdery mildew popping up on leaves of 2 of 4 plants....

I read baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, fungicides and various methods of holding back or eliminating the growth of PM.

My question is what is the safest easiest method in containing the pm up till harvest so my plants dont get over run?
1 tablespoon of baking soda. 1/2 teaspoon of liquid soap. 1 gallon of water. Is your most economical way to fight pm at the point your at in flower. Spray every 3 days with lights out. It will eat away at it slowly eventually eradicating to a point. Remember PM is systemic it is in the plant at the point your at you can only control it.
Another way is green cleaner it works great and can be used up to the day of harvest. It also is good for killing spider mites. Remember to spray both with lights out and lights do not come on until all is evaporated.
Pm is a minor problem that is easily controlled and eradicated if you stay on top of it. I would also raise your humidity to 50-55%. Good luck and keep us posted on your results:)

B

Burned Haze

Thing is when people start saying they are willing to do low humidity as their prevent , blah... thing is I can grow outdoors in 90-100% humidity and be pm/budrot free for the most part and same with my vegggies . Same with my Indoors ( thing is lower humidity - you hurt your terps and your just working harder for a unnatural world )

Prevention is the only key! you lose so much of your yields % and if you haven’t taken clones from it before it was was infected. Don’t do so ( I wouldn’t , there’s so many pheno’s to replace it and it will take systemic work to fix it)
-
to keep your current infected plants at “ bay” and make it so you can have a harvestable product . Use a product like Greencure (potassium bicarbonate-based fungicide) and apply it every 5-7 days, till end of harvest

benefit of this stuff = cheap, easy to get, safe & works
Con: you just need to reapply it daily , like any of the non systemic based stuff
www.greencure.net/what_is_greencure.asp

2nd product I would recommend for the prevention mindset ( but if your are not infected , it’s going to kick ass and do multi things that more fungicides do not do with no negative factors , plus can be mixed with pesticides )
Regalia!
make your plant not only more immune, more resistant , better yields , 10 day natural systemic (once I started using this stuff I became pm/budrot free outdoors )

Last edited by a moderator:
DistyDemon

DistyDemon

Sulphur doesnt stay on your buds like it does on a hard dead surface. The plant takes it in and metabolizes and utilizes it.

It only takes about 5 days for the plant to completely eliminate the sulphur, which is why you have to do it every 5 days. If you dont, the PM will come back, which it wouldnt if there was still sulphur there. I only go 10 days of no sulphur at the end because the plants metabolism slows near the end.

Mind you, I dont do this preventatively. I'll only use sulphur in flower if PM shows up in flower.
So your saying the sulfur just degrades?

I'm gonna call major BS! I got fvcked by running a clients trim. 45lbs of it actually. He did sulfur burns all they flower (breaking rule #1). I washed it, evapd it, and started to spd it. It killed my 3000.00 vacuum pump and reaked like burnt sulfur. So please dont tell me sulfur degrades. It stays with the plant and on the trim. Now I'm out 1x 3000.00 vacuum pump, 30hrs evap time, 250.00 in dry ice, 7hrs spd time, 4hrs wash time, and 3hrs cleaning all my glass.

Thanks though.

Top Bottom