Calling all Sparky's

• Thread starter diezelburner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

diezelburner

Ok so here is my panel. Now I know nothing bout this shit but as far as I can see I think I have lots to work with. I'm going to be running 5 1000's and maybe up to 8 one day. Plus pumps, dehumidifier air stones filter all that jazz. So let me know what you think I got here thanks.

Calling all sparkys
Calling all sparkys 2
Calling all sparkys 3
Calling all sparkys 4
F

Fear

Hey DB that's a 240v system lloks like you do have alot to work with. That doesn't look the safest but that's not the question. You would want to get a 240v 40 amp lighting controller that can handle up to your 8000watts in the future and 1 or 2 circuits for fans and equipment. Hope this helps.

D

diezelburner

Thanks dude I figured I had lots but I know nothin bout wiring. I just wana make sure before I start ordering things. That must be a 200 Amp coming in to the house? It should be fairly simple to put in a 40 amp breaker and plug. You think I should get a sparky to look at this box or what. The main panel is from the 70's and the sub 3 years maybe. I wouldn't want to burn the joint down on the count of faulty wiring?

F

Fear

It doesn't look faulty it looks like it has no covers and bare wire running from one panel to the next without a chase for the wire.

It would be simple. Looks like 200 amps. I put up a do it yourself maybe that will help. Its called installing a 240v breaker. Later man

F

Fear

I would of eliminated that small panel and just put that big panel in it's place. Rotate it down. Now what I mean. Also you have a ton of space.

Top Bottom