Camel Crickets - Open Discussion

• Thread starter Sledsons
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sledsons

Sledsons

Ok, so camel crickets are these silent hopping crickets.. I have been managing the population with sticky traps and it's improved a lot!

My grow new set up is next to the sump pump now, which is where they seem to get in through the basement floor and I am growing in soil - I am finding more of these crickets inside my tent and I am concerned I am giving them the perfect habitat for breeding. A few sticky traps later and I am catching a lot of them. I was just wondering if anyone sees any possible issue with these bugs.

In my last grow only a few would get in the tent but it was quite rare. I am concerned about the possible effects they could have during flower but overall the population is generally low. I believe with getting a lot of rain more of them come into the basement or some shit idk man freaking freaks me out sometimes haha

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I think crickets are more of a nuisance than a pest that will eat your plants. I'd keep using sticky traps and maybe spray one of those "essential oil" pesticides along corners, etc., as a barrier. I don't think you need to actually spray a plant.

Top Bottom