Can’t figure out what’s going on

• Thread starter Killermiller420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Killermiller420

This my first grow i’m in a 4x4 tent with a led light. I’ve been checking soil ph watering with good ph water. keeping the rh and temp good. any opinions or answers will have much appreciated. if you want to know anything else about the grow let me know

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
This my first grow i’m in a 4x4 tent with a led light. I’ve been checking soil ph watering with good ph water. keeping the rh and temp good. any opinions or answers will have much appreciated. if you want to know anything else about the grow let me know
Hey, it needs transplanting, good light soil & watering.....it looks like you've fed her something or the soil has something in it

K

Killermiller420

Hey, it needs transplanting, good light soil & watering.....it looks like you've fed her something or the soil has something in it
i’m using fox farms ocean forest. Should I transplant that bigger plant into a 5 gallon and transplant the smaller one from a red solo to a 1 or 3 gallon pot also if i’m using this ocean forest and you’re saying it’s the soil that’s causing the issues should I just go buy a different brand or kind before I transplant back into the ocean forest just to be safe? I really appreciate it i’m just lost i’ve been trying to do research and figure out why this has been happening but i’m not experienced at all and haven’t known what to do so any help is very appreciated.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
i’m using fox farms ocean forest. Should I transplant that bigger plant into a 5 gallon and transplant the smaller one from a red solo to a 1 or 3 gallon pot also if i’m using this ocean forest and you’re saying it’s the soil that’s causing the issues should I just go buy a different brand or kind before I transplant back into the ocean forest just to be safe? I really appreciate it i’m just lost i’ve been trying to do research and figure out why this has been happening but i’m not experienced at all and haven’t known what to do so any help is very appreciated.
I like to go from solo to 1 gal to 3 gal & if I veg for 7 - 8 weeks + I go to 5 gal. I don't think you have a problem, they look okay just transplant up and watch the color of the leaves for feed needs light green they need food, dark green can be too much food. In veg they don't need a lot of food, once a week I feed, water -feed - water - feed letting it dry between . A few leaves off the bottom isn't an issue and there's a varriety of reasons but they're young, transplant up. I use the General Hydroponics 3 part system, with promix type soils, always have, I like what I get.

I've not used Fox farm stuff but with you leaves their color I can see they've had food of some kind or by that size they'd be lime green

I

IamN2pot

Should I transplant that bigger plant into a 5 gallon and transplant the smaller one from a red solo to a 1 or 3 gallon pot ...
Yes and yes. The lower leaf yellowing, like yours, is generally a nitrogen uptake problem. If you're pH is below 5.5, you may want to raise it a bit to allow for a bit more N uptake. Otherwise, add a shot of N, but remember, once the lower leaf has lost it's color, it won't come back. It should add darkness to the green of the younger leaves and new growth. Last, any commercial soil company can have an off batch/bag that has to little or to much of some of the additives they mix into their recipie. Doesn't matter if it's FF, Roots even SunShine Mix, any of them can have a poorly mixed batch.
Hope that helps,
N2

K

Killermiller420

Yes and yes. The lower leaf yellowing, like yours, is generally a nitrogen uptake problem. If you're pH is below 5.5, you may want to raise it a bit to allow for a bit more N uptake. Otherwise, add a shot of N, but remember, once the lower leaf has lost it's color, it won't come back. It should add darkness to the green of the younger leaves and new growth. Last, any commercial soil company can have an off batch/bag that has to little or to much of some of the additives they mix into their recipie. Doesn't matter if it's FF, Roots even SunShine Mix, any of them can have a poorly mixed batch.
Hope that helps,
N2
So your saying I should transplant like the other person was saying? also if it is a bad batch of soil should I switch something up different soil or medium? my soil ph is always between 6.0-6.3 so I don’t think the ph is the issue. Most definitely could be a bad batch like your saying should I keep using the same soil and just add a little more N too it and see if that fixes the issue?

I

IamN2pot

So your saying I should transplant like the other person was saying? also if it is a bad batch of soil should I switch something up different soil or medium? my soil ph is always between 6.0-6.3 so I don’t think the ph is the issue. Most definitely could be a bad batch like your saying should I keep using the same soil and just add a little more N too it and see if that fixes the issue?
I would start with adding N to my wattering to try fixing the issue, since you know your soil pH is good. 6.0-6.3 is perfect for N uptake, so I'd bet adding a good shot of N will give youy the results you're looking for. As far as a bad bag of soil is concerned, I'd at least buy my next bag of FF OceanForest at another location, if possible. You can also always try another brand of soil. I'd love to recoment what I use, but it's a local Colorado company, so that won't help you.
Transplant into larger pots and water them in with a nice bump of N, then wait a week to see the results. (If we're right, you should start seeing a growth spurt and greener foliage in 2-3 days)
N2

K

Killermiller420

I would start with adding N to my wattering to try fixing the issue, since you know your soil pH is good. 6.0-6.3 is perfect for N uptake, so I'd bet adding a good shot of N will give youy the results you're looking for. As far as a bad bag of soil is concerned, I'd at least buy my next bag of FF OceanForest at another location, if possible. You can also always try another brand of soil. I'd love to recoment what I use, but it's a local Colorado company, so that won't help you.
Transplant into larger pots and water them in with a nice bump of N, then wait a week to see the results. (If we're right, you should start seeing a growth spurt and greener foliage in 2-3 days)
N2
Sounds good i’m gonna get that done right now and see how it goes. Thank you so much for all your help I really do appreciate it

Top Bottom