Can’t get a soak

• Thread starter Needajob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Needajob

I’ve got a 1/4 pound closed loop extractor with dewax, from extractor solutions. 21lbs pure butane tank. I’m pulling my max vac approx. -27, due to elevation, with butane connected. I’ve got an in-line sight glass, below the ball valve separating my splatter can to column. I feel I’ve ran all variables to solve the issue of not enough butane in the column to soak. Hanging my butane upside down. Sleeve chilled for 45+min with dry ice and denatured alcohol. The only way I’ve gotten a flow going was to run it open blast. Instead of reclaiming from the splatter can, I open the ball valve to the splatter can, and open the top and allow all the butane to just run through to the splatter can. Ive got a sight glass to the splatter can. So I’ve been allowing my splatter can to fill about half way. Close everything transfer splatter can to warm water and start reclaiming. But how to I get a soak? Is it I’m packing material to hard for it to get a nice laminar flow? Just want to be able to get enough into my column to do a soak? Any help would be appreciated!

K

KCS

I’ve got a 1/4 pound closed loop extractor with dewax, from extractor solutions. 21lbs pure butane tank. I’m pulling my max vac approx. -27, due to elevation, with butane connected. I’ve got an in-line sight glass, below the ball valve separating my splatter can to column. I feel I’ve ran all variables to solve the issue of not enough butane in the column to soak. Hanging my butane upside down. Sleeve chilled for 45+min with dry ice and denatured alcohol. The only way I’ve gotten a flow going was to run it open blast. Instead of reclaiming from the splatter can, I open the ball valve to the splatter can, and open the top and allow all the butane to just run through to the splatter can. Ive got a sight glass to the splatter can. So I’ve been allowing my splatter can to fill about half way. Close everything transfer splatter can to warm water and start reclaiming. But how to I get a soak? Is it I’m packing material to hard for it to get a nice laminar flow? Just want to be able to get enough into my column to do a soak? Any help would be appreciated!
80% is about the most you're going to get as far as percent of total volume of your extraction chamber don't fill it up so full of flower at least that's what I've had the best luck with

Latest posts

Top Bottom