Can’t tell if nute burn, overwatering or deficiency

• Thread starter Nugdog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nugdog

First time growing and using coco with some perlite. Long story but started in net pots in bucket lid drain to recycle reservoir. Designed so roots were in humid air in bucket. Using 1/2 rec dose advanced coco sensor. Plants got big healthy leaves Then wilted and crashed fast. Had algae growth in nute tank (was translucent. Too much light). I transplanted to 2 gal fabric pots and mixed bites to EC of 750. Also initially thought riot rot so started using hydroguard. Any help greatly appreciated.

Cant tell if nute burn overwatering or deficiency
Cant tell if nute burn overwatering or deficiency 2
Cant tell if nute burn overwatering or deficiency 3
Cant tell if nute burn overwatering or deficiency 4
Cant tell if nute burn overwatering or deficiency 5
Cant tell if nute burn overwatering or deficiency 6
Cant tell if nute burn overwatering or deficiency 7
N

Nugdog

Overwatering and burn. Deficiencies don't burn leaf tips.

Thanks for the reply. That helps. Yesterday I watered with just pH'd RO with some hydroguard and skipped today. Will water again tomorrow with the same and give a day or two and resume nutes at about 25-33% recommended dose. I'm using Advanced Nutrients Sensi Coco. Will shoot for an EC of 700-800. I will report back with progress.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Thanks for the reply. That helps. Yesterday I watered with just pH'd RO with some hydroguard and skipped today. Will water again tomorrow with the same and give a day or two and resume nutes at about 25-33% recommended dose. I'm using Advanced Nutrients Sensi Coco. Will shoot for an EC of 700-800. I will report back with progress.
Watering on a schedule without consideration of whether the plant needs water is how you got here. Same on feeding. It looks like you're in soil, I wouldn't fertilize more than once a week. Hydroguard isn't needed. It's for stabilizing hydro nute tanks.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Ph'ing pure RO is kinda pointless and can actually be bad. Also you shouldnt really ever give coco pure RO, a dilute nute mix with 20% runoff is always better. Pure RO can mess with the CEC of coco.

When I ran it i had the best results using a solution of about 300-400ppm., or .8-.9 EC. Watered twice per day to 10% runoff.
If I were you I would flush with a 300ppm nutrient solution to 100% runoff, and after that water once or twice a day at 300-400ppm with 10% runoff and see how they respond over the course of a week
Coco grown plants need way less food.

D

Dai

Man your over feeding them and all that nonsense your onabout using is no need flush with fresh water for 1 week then feed the plant when the plant needs to be fed not on a schedule that's what that leads to is this feel the weight on the pots after watered then feel them and when they are light to the feel feed them again flush 1 week then give root accelerator nitrogen boost and magne cal and what ever grow nutes your using and watch that girl explode

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Man your over feeding them and all that nonsense your onabout using is no need flush with fresh water for 1 week then feed the plant when the plant needs to be fed not on a schedule that's what that leads to is this feel the weight on the pots after watered then feel them and when they are light to the feel feed them again flush 1 week then give root accelerator nitrogen boost and magne cal and what ever grow nutes your using and watch that girl explode

For coco? I agree they are overfed and all the other stuff is pointless but coco needs to be treated similar to growing in rockwool. It has a cec but it holds nutrients way more than it releases them to the plant. With coco you are always better using a weak nutrient solution rather than plain water, and never letting it dry out. It holds tons of air even right after watering. But yeah, he needs to rinse some of the excess food first.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The number 1 and number 2 causes of problems with newer growers is too much water and too much nutrients, not always in that order. I write this same general post a dozen times a week or more, but people keep overfeeding and overwatering.

Top Bottom