Can’t tell what’s wrong! Help!

• Thread starter Raiders
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Raiders

Hello. I can’t tell what’s wrong with my plant. I grew for two cycles with no issues, plants were perky, healthy and loved it from day 1 to harvest. I added co2 this time around at 1000ppm and around week 4 of bloom the leaves of some of them started showing dark purple with the leaves clawing downward. They aren’t as perky as when I did it with fresh air. Anyone knows what’s happening with them? My friend says he thinks it’s co2 poisoning but I don’t think it could be since I can’t find any info on co2 poisoning at a mere 1000ppm. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Cant tell whats wrong help
Cant tell whats wrong help 2
Cant tell whats wrong help 3
Cant tell whats wrong help 4
Cant tell whats wrong help 5
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hiw are you controlling the environment?

give some details on the grow and equipment.

Are you using tanks or burner’s ?

No its 100% not co2 poisoning.

Its environment or watering practices

R

Raiders

Hi, thanks for your input.

I am using gavita 1000 DE lights. I am using a 50# co2 tank in a room with 4 lights.

Mills nutrient line

Ph to 6.0 - 6.2 every feeding/watering

I water/feed every 2-3 days depending on how dry the pot is.

I usually water/feed till I see run of, coming back to check on them to make sure no water remains in the saucer tray.

My plants are currently in soil, in 3gallons plastic pots.

I never had issues when I did fresh air so I feel like maybe there’s no ventilation and that’s an issue?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
are you basing the pot dryness from top of the soil or are you sticking your finger into the soil? what are the temps and humidity of the room at? air exchange and ventilation?
I too don't think this is a co2 problem, but @Aqua Man would have a better idea then i do

can you upload a picture of the entire grow area

freezeland2

freezeland2

Hi, thanks for your input.

I am using gavita 1000 DE lights. I am using a 50# co2 tank in a room with 4 lights.

Mills nutrient line

Ph to 6.0 - 6.2 every feeding/watering

I water/feed every 2-3 days depending on how dry the pot is.

I usually water/feed till I see run of, coming back to check on them to make sure no water remains in the saucer tray.

My plants are currently in soil, in 3gallons plastic pots.

I never had issues when I did fresh air so I feel like maybe there’s no ventilation and that’s an issue?
I believe @Aqua Man is most interested in your temps and humidity.

R

Raiders

I usually lift my pots. It’s very light when I do. I also check the top two inches with my finger but found lifting my pot to be much easier.

I’m not home right now so I can take a picture but can do so later.

I feed, water, feed, water, and so on. Maybe I’m not feeding often enough? I did think about switching to coco my next cycle and feeding each and every time I need to.

Temps average at 82-84
Humidity 60%

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
ok, glad to hear you are watering it when the pot is light weight. When is the next feeding scheduled for?
I don't know Mills nutrient line, but i see they have a schedule that must be followed. When you get back flush the plant with water 3x the pot size. By flush i lettarly mean dump water until the runoff is at 1ec. Also, make sure to give it one round of feeding after the flush. Yes, your soil is going to get super wet and the roots might not like it at the moment but it will kick back in few hours/days.

R

Raiders

I’m actually flushing already. 4 days ago I watered till runoff, then 2 days later it was dry so I watered again. I’m planning to feed this time around which would be today(tonight).

PK1

PK1

Supporter
that is not flushing but rather just watering to reduce the nutrient levels. Flush is what washes the high salt build ups
before feeding, do a soil slurry mixture test and figure what the nutrient and ph levels are.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Def should not nbe flushing now - mayb to bring back a balanced feed,
What’s is ppm or ec of run off ?

R

Raiders

Hiw are you controlling the environment?

give some details on the grow and equipment.

Are you using tanks or burner’s ?

No its 100% not co2 poisoning.

Its environment or watering practices
If nothing changed for when I did fresh air to co2. Do I need to change my feeding schedule? That would be the only thing I can think of. The environment should be fine since they are nice and healthy when I did it with fresh air. Any input would help

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You need to feed more… runoff ppm in soil is almost meaningless as the ppm makeup is a lot more than available nutrients

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

dont measure run off ppm, only ph. The increased co2 can lead to faster growth and higher nutrient demand. Imo thats your issue

Moshmen

Moshmen

So I’ll measure my run off ppm/ec for comparison to the input , r u saying that is not a good comparison ? I’m In promix And do occasionally ck ph - I’ve always been more interested in my runoff numbers than anything ? Have I been working backwards? Lol

PK1

PK1

Supporter
So I’ll measure my run off ppm/ec for comparison to the input , r u saying that is not a good comparison ? I’m In promix And do occasionally ck ph - I’ve always been more interested in my runoff numbers than anything ? Have I been working backwards? Lol
there are many factors invovled to calculate the ec of the runoff. It's just easier if you do a soil slurry mixture to figure where the numbers are at vs going through the headache of calculating runoff.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yup kinda bro… PH is important, ppm can inly really show trends in soil. Thete is to much organic input to the ppm thats not nutrient related to provide any reliable measurement of available nutrients.

this kinda explains it.

Moshmen

Moshmen

So idk, trends is really what I’m personally looking for, if I was organic I would say you are 100%right , but I’m in soil but about as close to soiless as you can get,right? Nothing added but perlite, it’s dead after 3 weeks. Course gonna be changing mediums

Moshmen

Moshmen

Yup kinda bro… PH is important, ppm can inly really show trends in soil. Thete is to much organic input to the ppm thats not nutrient related to provide any reliable measurement of available nutrients.

this kinda explains it.

This is a good read ! Thanx I really like their version of a slurry test.

Top Bottom