Can 400ppm Give Nute Burn?

• Thread starter bibiking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bibiking

hi all good guys, can you help a beginner?
I run on coco/perlite 50/50. feed twice a day. PH 6.0
I have a Northern Light clone, 1 month old

I gave it for 3 weeks 200PPM (GHE Nutes - grow, micro, bloom) and all went well
last week I changed to 400PPM, and than I start to see these "burns".

I changed back to 100PPM 3 days ago, and cut the burnt parts of the leaf. But, I still see new burnt parts every day, and I don't see any grow.

Can 400PPM make these burns? should I continue flushing? should I cut the burnt parts of the leaves?

thank you all for your good help

Can 400ppm give nute burn
Faraway
Monster762

Monster762

hi all good guys, can you help a beginner?
I run on coco/perlite 50/50. feed twice a day. PH 6.0
I have a Northern Light clone, 1 month old

I gave it for 3 weeks 200PPM (GHE Nutes - grow, micro, bloom) and all went well
last week I changed to 400PPM, and than I start to see these "burns".

I changed back to 100PPM 3 days ago, and cut the burnt parts of the leaf. But, I still see new burnt parts every day, and I don't see any grow.

Can 400PPM make these burns? should I continue flushing? should I cut the burnt parts of the leaves?

thank you all for your good help
Holy chit. You got that thing hooked to life support? Nah. Serious rig though. I’m phong 6.0 too similar mix. Little lower is ok too. Hard to see with purple lights but I’m not really seeing nute burn. That twist n all.
Instead of ppm how much you feeding according to schedule? I run 1/2 dose until they demand me to up it. I’m running AN ph perfect but still 3 part. If that drip ain’t right you probably got drying roots in coco. I noticed I was having issues so I started flooding that chit. Issues backed up. Twisting dry looking growth? Skip the drip n flush her once. Just completely saturate the coco. Then put a gallon feed water through at the end. 1/2 strength with full strength dose calmag. Got any microbes add a shot of them too. You do have slight tip burn but that’s not what’s up here. I’d say nutes are good something else ph swings or salt n dry coco underneath.

I’m no pro but that’s where I’d start. See if your runoff is dark dark. If so push til it clears up. Or you can get fancy n use ppm meter on it. Til it drops. I would only remove real bad leaves.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I have several strains that don't like high nutrient levels. Even at a respectable size in full flower they start to show overfeeding symptoms with 500 ppm. I run a 90/10 of coir to perlite.

Monster762

Monster762

I have several strains that don't like high nutrient levels. Even at a respectable size in full flower they start to show overfeeding symptoms with 500 ppm. I run a 90/10 of coir to perlite.
Yup I’ve found that all my second gen genetics blueberry crosses are touchy with nutes.

B

bibiking

Hi guys, thank you all for your good support.
I flushed it with 100PPM for 2 days now, and I think it looks better. I added a new photo from today.
I run water with a small water-pump for 15 minutes a day, so I don't believe salt build-up is a problem, no?

If you liked my system, I'll be happy to share my secrets with you :)

I see my EC/PPM/temperature all the time, and the hole thing didn't cost more than 50$.
am I allowed to share in the forum Ali-Express product link? I found cheap and good ones (or at least not too bad).

faraway-jpeg.847053

White light
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Holy chit. You got that thing hooked to life support? Nah. Serious rig though. I’m phong 6.0 too similar mix. Little lower is ok too. Hard to see with purple lights but I’m not really seeing nute burn. That twist n all.
Instead of ppm how much you feeding according to schedule? I run 1/2 dose until they demand me to up it. I’m running AN ph perfect but still 3 part. If that drip ain’t right you probably got drying roots in coco. I noticed I was having issues so I started flooding that chit. Issues backed up. Twisting dry looking growth? Skip the drip n flush her once. Just completely saturate the coco. Then put a gallon feed water through at the end. 1/2 strength with full strength dose calmag. Got any microbes add a shot of them too. You do have slight tip burn but that’s not what’s up here. I’d say nutes are good something else ph swings or salt n dry coco underneath.

I’m no pro but that’s where I’d start. See if your runoff is dark dark. If so push til it clears up. Or you can get fancy n use ppm meter on it. Til it drops. I would only remove real bad leaves.

EVERYTHING except for the microbes. I was using microbes last grow in F & D and had issues. I contacted NPK RAW to inquire. They told me NOT to use microbes in hydro, but to use their Enzymes instead

hth

GeneticGiant

GeneticGiant

I can't give much support on this as the last time I did hydro you needed to have hydrotin so you didn't have any organic matter you didn't want in the res. I would say in general 500 ppm was a bit too much for a plant this size.
As others have said, strains all have different requirements but most strains will do decent at 500 ppm if they are at least 18-24 inches tall and about the same density.

K

Kot

Hi guys, thank you all for your good support.
I flushed it with 100PPM for 2 days now, and I think it looks better. I added a new photo from today.
I run water with a small water-pump for 15 minutes a day, so I don't believe salt build-up is a problem, no?

If you liked my system, I'll be happy to share my secrets with you :)

I see my EC/PPM/temperature all the time, and the hole thing didn't cost more than 50$.
am I allowed to share in the forum Ali-Express product link? I found cheap and good ones (or at least not too bad).

faraway-jpeg.847053
It looks to me like too much potassium.

I never give my full flowering plants more than 350 PPM or they will show signs of toxicity. I flower mine at day 21. Small plants don't need a high level of nutrients.

Top Bottom