Can a Fluence driver be swapped out?

• Thread starter NC420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NC420

NC420

Hi everyone!

I have a question. I am interested in purchasing a bunch of used Fluence Vyprx Plus fixtures from a private sale in my area.

The problem is, they are 277v-480v and I only have access to single phase 220v. Is it possible to purchase a driver to replace the current stock Fluence driver with one that is rated to run on 220v?

Can a fluence driver be swapped out
BigCube

BigCube

What matters is the output not the input.

If the output Is a standard led driver range, then yes easily. If they have some special ac system, maybe not.

What wattage and voltage or amperage does the driver need to deliver?

NC420

NC420

What matters is the output not the input.

If the output Is a standard led driver range, then yes easily. If they have some special ac system, maybe not.

What wattage and voltage or amperage does the driver need to deliver?

Thanks for the reply!

My home has 200amps single phase with 125amps dedicated to the room.

I would require the Vyprx to be able to run off my current electrical system.

220v, 525watts @ 2.4amps per fixture

BigCube

BigCube

Thanks for the reply!

My home has 200amps single phase with 125amps dedicated to the room.

I would require the Vyprx to be able to run off my current electrical system.

220v, 525watts @ 2.4amps per fixture

I would have to know the fixture specifications to tell. Do you have a link to the factory specifications?

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

AC input is rated at 100v - 277v.......you shouldn't have to change your service panel.

Its standard DC output to the LED's......nothing special.

In the attached PDF you posted it shows you what amperage you will get at what Service voltage.

At 208v for example you would get around 2.5 amps

At 220v you would get around 2.3 - 2.4 amps

NC420

NC420

AC input is rated at 100v - 277v.......you shouldn't have to change your service panel.

Its standard DC output to the LED's......nothing special.

In the attached PDF you posted it shows you what amperage you will get at what Service voltage.

At 208v for example you would get around 2.5 amps

At 220v you would get around 2.3 - 2.4 amps

The input for the specific fixtures I am looking into purchasing are rate 277v to 480v

Sinfor

Sinfor

Looking the input power an HLG-480H-54 is your best match but you need to know the output current to be sure.
It would help if you can give us the driver model they have installed to be sure.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

In the PDF you posted the specifications are listed as I posted......not sure what the question is???

You have ALL the information needed in the PDF you posted.

What are you trying to do?? You want to run at 277v??? Then buy a driver that is rated at 277v......done.

P.S. More does not always equal better.

BigCube

BigCube

I've tried explaining it already.

You need to find out what the drivers output is. The input does t matter, as you can see they made different drivers for different voltages. But they will all OUTPUT the same. It's the OUTPUT requirements of the driver you need to know, not the input.

Telling us the input voltage of a driver is useless. It tells us nothing about the requirements of the LED panels.

NC420

NC420

Looking the input power an HLG-480H-54 is your best match but you need to know the output current to be sure.
It would help if you can give us the driver model they have installed to be sure.

Here's the brand and model of the driver for the Fluence Vyprx Plus -

Inventronics
ESD-600S12ADT

Output Voltage - 24 ~ 60Vdc

NC420

NC420

In the PDF you posted the specifications are listed as I posted......not sure what the question is???

You have ALL the information needed in the PDF you posted.

What are you trying to do?? You want to run at 277v??? Then buy a driver that is rated at 277v......done.

P.S. More does not always equal better.

My question was can the driver be swapped out with a different driver that can run on a single phase 220v circuit.

As it stands, I cannot use the fixture as-is due to the fixture rated to run on 270v - 480v.

All I would like to know is if I can buy a driver that can run on 220v in my home and swap out the current 270v-480v stock driver.

So from what it sounds like you are saying, it shouldn't be an issue.

Sorry, I am not knowledgeable when it comes to electrical.

NC420

NC420

I've tried explaining it already.

You need to find out what the drivers output is. The input does t matter, as you can see they made different drivers for different voltages. But they will all OUTPUT the same. It's the OUTPUT requirements of the driver you need to know, not the input.

Telling us the input voltage of a driver is useless. It tells us nothing about the requirements of the LED panels.

Is this the output you are talking about?

24 ~ 60Vdc

View attachment DS-ESD-600SxxxDT_Rev.-E (1).pdf
BigCube

BigCube

Much better. As you can see the drivers output. This is what is required to power your fixtures.

24 to 50 volts 600w

Anything in that range will run your lights. 24v would be dimmed all the way down, 50v would be full brightness.

If it were me, I would aim for a 48v 600w power supply. This should give you full brightness and not ride your LEDs too hard.

Good luck!

BigCube

BigCube

A quick search of Ebay yielded this option:

I'm sure there are many more options as well.

NC420

NC420

Much better. As you can see the drivers output. This is what is required to power your fixtures.

24 to 50 volts 600w

Anything in that range will run your lights. 24v would be dimmed all the way down, 50v would be full brightness.

If it were me, I would aim for a 48v 600w power supply. This should give you full brightness and not ride your LEDs too hard.

Good luck!
Awesome! Thanks so much for clearing that up for me!

NC420

NC420

A quick search of Ebay yielded this option:

I'm sure there are many more options as well.

Sorry, I have more questions lol.

The driver you linked to, can they be installed remotely in a different room to save on some heat? I understand I would need to size the wire accordingly to prevent voltage drop as much as possible. I am just trying to see how much heat I can keep out of the rooms.

Also, are the only difference to the driver you linked to and a meanwell hlg-600h-48b just that they are not waterproof like the meanwell?

BigCube

BigCube

Sorry, I have more questions lol.

The driver you linked to, can they be installed remotely in a different room to save on some heat? I understand I would need to size the wire accordingly to prevent voltage drop as much as possible. I am just trying to see how much heat I can keep out of the rooms.

Also, are the only difference to the driver you linked to and a meanwell hlg-600h-48b just that they are not waterproof like the meanwell?

Yes, you can wore them remotely. I do. As you said, make sure your wire guage is sufficient.

The main differences between the a meanwell and the driver I posted is quality. The meanwell will come with a warranty, certifications and dimming. Not to mention waterproofing and an enclosure.

It's up to you if that's worth the extra money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom