Can A Photoperiod Ak48 Starting 8th Week Be Cut To Fit Tent In Veg?

• Thread starter spankdoggie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

spankdoggie

First time grow in hydro: I bought some auto seeds and I think I have a photoperiod here instead. Planted same time, 7 weeks ago with White Widow in bottom left corner of photo. Is it to late to make the AK-48 fit in my 2x4x5 tent, height wise, after the White Widow harvest in a few weeks? Bigger plant is the one in picture, of course. First grow and I never cut before but will it be too late to supercrop, top, etc.? Never did it and I am searching the forum still. Thanks!

Can a photoperiod ak48 starting 8th week be cut to fit tent in veg
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

If it' still in veg you can almost beat the crap out of it, and she will be ok.

In flower, I don't like to do any stripping, cutting, etc past week 2 from flip. You can, and what I would do if I were in flower and my plant, would be to the the top cola down to where you want her. The her up, bend her over, secure to lip of pot or what have you.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Yep demontrich is dead on
Ever seen a rose bush get pruned? You can do the same to Mary jane

S

spankdoggie

Okay, great sounds good gentlemen! I will take this weird situation and make the best of the AK-48s by pruning after I youtube the best way how.
I got about 3 weeks till the WW is ready, then I go to 12/12 with it, so that should be enough time for AK-48 to heal I am thinking. It is crazy healthy.
Although my first time grow, I LST'd the white widows and they appear to have blown up after bending the stem 76-90 degrees. 3 more weeks...
LST was 'scary' to do on first grow, but it works so far! I will try to make the best of the situation with this big one. Thanks!

Dunge

Dunge

I believe you may be facing a failed auto.
Selecting the size and flower cycle on an auto is part of the breeding process.
It may not flower even under 12/12, but I'd love to see you try it.

As for shortening a plant, I have bent and staked "too tall" plants with good results.
If the stem splits, I put that black arborist tar on it to shield from stem fungus.

I just went down to my garden and found a stem that had received this treatment 8 weeks ago.
Harvest is not far off, and the plant performed nominally.
20171231 185808

S

spankdoggie

Well, I actually have 3 of these non-flowering AK-48 'auto' plants in with the 2 flowering White Widows. They were supposed to be Auto, but they were thrown in for free with my purchase of the WW. So, can 3 autos go rogue at once, or be photo instead? Well, something happened, and I am hoping they are all three photo instead of ... instead of I don't know. Let you know in a few weeks.

S

spankdoggie

I topped the top of this tall AK-48, and I have a couple weeks to harvest the 2 WW autos, and I am trying to stop the AK-48 from growing: told they were auto and all three appear to be photoperiod. So I pulled and tied the AK-48 down because there are a bunch of yellow leaves under it. Picture below is of the yellow leaves (they are yellower in real life). Should I cut these yellow leaves off,down low, or leave them alone? They should turn green with the new light exposure but it keeps growing, and it has to stay (hydro). This is my first time growing and thanks for your help!

S

spankdoggie

This may end up being a blessing in disguise I hope. I cut out all those yellow leaves out above and supercropped it, the big AK48 above, yesterday and today it looks great. So I might be able to harvest the 2 auto WW in 3 weeks, then throw the 3 failed autos into 12/12... Only problem is how to flush the White Widows and feed the AK-48s from the same water; maybe just starve the AK-48s for 3 days only. 3 day flush I guess.

Latest posts

Top Bottom