Can anybody give me a link or pic for a LED, VPD chart please

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

I'm after a vpd chart for led i see so many on Google duno what's best for veg and flower

I'm running led Quard boards
Room air temp 80-82f
humidity was 60-70% I kept it at 65-70% in veg I am

The leaves feel a bit papery and the leaf eadges up sticking up the leaf is not cupping it's just the very sides of the leaves
Also
If been checking leaf temps and they been reading 77 - 80ish max they always hit 80ish thia is at room temps 80-82 Humidity 60-70% and even with 50-70% Humidity same leaf temp
And if also tested room temp 78-80 Humdiyy 60-70% and 50-60% and leaf temps Again read the same weird?

And my last grow i only run led in flower not veg
I run led flower room at air temp 80-82f humidity at 50-60% for flower and didn't get the yield I expected but I did have some sorta over feed going on

I'm wondering am u in wrong humidity range?

steamroller

steamroller

The one I was using is MIA but still has charts that go by leaf/ room temp difference.

Ph 007

Ph 007

The one I was using is MIA but still has charts that go by leaf/ room temp difference.
Thank you, I'll have a look now :)

Blastfact

Blastfact

I've thrown vpd charts and leaf temps out the window since switching to leds 4 or 5 years ago. Your RH is good,,, temps just a hair on the high side,,, just a hair. I don't like to see mine go over 80f. Seedlling to 3 weeks veg 80% RH then slowly bring it down from 3 weeks on through flower with air movement in the tent. I veg with two HLG 100 V2 between 24" and 30" off the top of the tallest plant in 3' x 3' tent. The 4000k light keeps the plants small in veg and packs the nodes tight, keeping stretch low while the root system grows like crazy. Will go to two HLG 260 Rspec with UVA-30 for late veg into flower. Keeping temps between 76/80f and slowly dropping RH from around 75% to 50% RH at the end of flower. If your getting onion skin leaves your lights are to close. Par is higher than the leaves can handle. IMHO

Ph 007

Ph 007

I've thrown vpd charts and leaf temps out the window since switching to leds 4 or 5 years ago. Your RH is good,,, temps just a hair on the high side,,, just a hair. I don't like to see mine go over 80f. Seedlling to 3 weeks veg 80% RH then slowly bring it down from 3 weeks on through flower with air movement in the tent. I veg with two HLG 100 V2 between 24" and 30" off the top of the tallest plant in 3' x 3' tent. The 4000k light keeps the plants small in veg and packs the nodes tight, keeping stretch low while the root system grows like crazy. Will go to two HLG 260 Rspec with UVA-30 for late veg into flower. Keeping temps between 76/80f and slowly dropping RH from around 75% to 50% RH at the end of flower. If your getting onion skin leaves your lights are to close. Par is higher than the leaves can handle. IMHO
I stated looking at leaf temps about a year ago and stopped about few weeks later was driving me Mad lol
I tried many diffrent ir guns and the didn't seem accurit all guns giving slightly diffrent readings

Think ill order a par metre, what's hps lux init? I need par for led?

I have the lights below dimmed to 150w , 60cm away from plants

Screenshot 20220312 165011 Alibabacom

steamroller

steamroller

I find using VPD ,PAR and LUX to be a safe and most efficient way of managing light height, strength and temp/RH .
The plant has changing demands in every aspect I mentioned through its life cycle .
I use the photone phone app for PAR and LUX [ does DLI also ] .
Only good PAR meter for real is the Apogee for $500 now IMO.
You have to able to control light, heat and RH completely to use the info to its fullest IMO.

Ph 007

Ph 007

I find using VPD ,PAR and LUX to be a safe and most efficient way of managing light height, strength and temp/RH .
The plant has changing demands in every aspect I mentioned through its life cycle .
I use the photone phone app for PAR and LUX [ does DLI also ] .
Only good PAR meter for real is the Apogee for $500 now IMO.
You have to able to control light, heat and RH completely to use the info to its fullest IMO.
I need to do some reading again lol slays something new to learn, i did chance at this stuff a few months ago and been meaning to look into it I'll try the app I heared the can be out tho.

Blastfact

Blastfact

I stated looking at leaf temps about a year ago and stopped about few weeks later was driving me Mad lol
I tried many diffrent ir guns and the didn't seem accurit all guns giving slightly diffrent readings

Think ill order a par metre, what's hps lux init? I need par for led?

I have the lights below dimmed to 150w , 60cm away from plants

View attachment 1225536
A lot of folks swear by that light company. I'm in the USA so I'm firmly in the HLG camp and run there 100 V2's in veg and 260's that look like your light for flower. The last 4 years or so I had one of the old style 260's in my 3' x 3' tent for flower. But recently upgraded that light to Rspec boards and a new driver. Then bought another 260 Rspec kit and a UVA-30 and tied them all together with a piece of plate aluminum. I have no use for a par meter or some janky cell phone app. MIGRO and others do all the par testing I need and with the manufactures specs I'm good to go. Thanks for the testing gents.

Gl2
Gl4
IMG 5785

Ph 007

Ph 007

I was told my aquar man see led 80-82f and 50-60% Humidity I want for flower

Shit don't add up lol.

I have my veg tent fan speed controller set to 24c and this keep a the air temp at 75-77f Th 55-65% if put all my theoroeters I own in my veg tent they are all accurit they all read the same and mach the fan and read 75-77max and leaf temps stay about 75-77, it's T5clf
I have about 8 white normal themors metres and 3 pushplus they not cheap anywwy all read the same and mach my fan setting in cfl veg tent
but
then moving my themros to my led flower room the all play up, I thing I have good airflow 3 fan moving air about,
But this happens, my white themors metre matches my fan, so if I set my fan speed controller to 80f to keep air temp at 80-82f then the white themroemeter read 80-82f matches the fan , but leaf temos are about 77-80ish. And fan comes on..
but
my 2 push plus read 82-84 and also my inkbird temp controller for the heater reads 82-84 Maybe 85,
Now I just dropped temps to 78-80 so I set my fan to 78f so whit3 themo now reads 78-80 same as my fan and leaf temps about 75-77f in back do below, but my 2 push plus & inkbird now read 80-82f

I know aquar man runs sealed room and most likely a inkbird so 80-82f
I think I much be some confusion somewhere on actually room temps with led and what themros you use
He did always so th I room temps don't matter to much only leaf temp.

And my first grow led I grew at air 83-85 and my white themro fan set to 83f and was my best yield 5 oz a plant and very short veg but the didn't look happy the leaves didn't but buds looked amazing and th was low 35-45%

Video below of leaf temps now room on 78-80, and all below pics and video are all taken scale same time

Screenshot 20220312 173912 SensorPush
Screenshot 20220312 173901 SensorPush
Screenshot 20220312 173828 SensorPush

Ph 007

Ph 007

8 was thinking see my tube heaters on evey wall they are to heat the room lights on and see the fans by them maybe that's what's messing the temps up blowing the air from by the tubes at thermometers witch are centuren of the room

Ph 007

Ph 007

A lot of folks swear by that light company. I'm in the USA so I'm firmly in the HLG camp and run there 100 V2's in veg and 260's that look like your light for flower. The last 4 years or so I had one of the old style 260's in my 3' x 3' tent for flower. But recently upgraded that light to Rspec boards and a new driver. Then bought another 260 Rspec kit and a UVA-30 and tied them all together with a piece of plate aluminum. I have no use for a par meter or some janky cell phone app. MIGRO and others do all the par testing I need and with the manufactures specs I'm good to go. Thanks for the testing gents.

View attachment 1225560View attachment 1225561View attachment 1225559
Ye the look identical,
Unhqve heared people talking about the lights your using:)
And like your said the company i orders off seems popular , reason i bough off them because seen good review's on this site about them off other people,

I been meaning to look into the ita it called ug or something, mines like 2
And some new led are like 4 so could get same results as my lights and half the electric

Do you use the red lights creeds I think the called IR
I'm not sure when to tuen then on i heared loads of opinions as usual haha, I did tried once last 2 week's flower can't say I seen a difference

steamroller

steamroller

I want my RH 40-50% for most of flower and maybe under 40% last weeks .
Depends at the end .
To help with my leaf temp besides moving light or decreasing % I have my fresh air on circulating fan come in low on floor and keep fan sensor for temp about half way between canopy and light .

Ph 007

Ph 007

I want my RH 40-50% for most of flower and maybe under 40% last weeks .
Depends at the end .
To help with my leaf temp besides moving light or decreasing % I have my fresh air on circulating fan come in low on floor and keep fan sensor for temp about half way between canopy and light .
So you taking air temps in the canopy not at the plant tops like me is it ?

My air in is about 1 foot off the floor 2 vents,
one on the right side of the tent and one on the left

I have one of these not used it yet, I been thinking of ditching my 3 oscillating fans and using 2 of these instead, 4"
I have 4 leds I was gonna put one between 2 leds , so it be one 4" air defuser covering a 4x4 area

I'm hoping it will same me on heating so much, and better ev3n air flow at the canopy.
Suck ho5 air from above see blows down to the canopy, I was gonna stick ducting on i5 and suck air from the very room of my tent and

Last edited:
steamroller

steamroller

My outside air fan[ thus room temp] is controlled by temp sensor between top of plants and light .
I think where you take room temp from can effect the whole room if it controls the room temp .
I am still experimenting to some degree but feel real comfortable on a common sense level this is where I want room temp dictated from .
I had the sensor both higher and lower and it does effect the over all room IME .

Ph 007

Ph 007

My outside air fan[ thus room temp] is controlled by temp sensor between top of plants and light .
I think where you take room temp from can effect the whole room if it controls the room temp .
I am still experimenting to some degree but feel real comfortable on a common sense level this is where I want room temp dictated from .
I had the sensor both higher and lower and it does effect the over all room IME .
I'd tied all places aswell haha
And tied shading it from direct light
But the give off no radiant heat apparently so shouldn't affect them

Or raising the light shouldn't affect leaf temps with led,
Shading it did give my just slight lower reading specially on my inkbirds it seem very sensitive it does,

Ph 007

Ph 007

Sorry forgot the link this is what I was on a about

steamroller

steamroller

My ballast are mounted on top of my lights .
Light height definitely effects my leaf temp as does %. My lights are 100% being in flower now .
If you can feel any heat with your hand next to light then it transmits heat . The board is definitely hotter then air [use your IR gun] .
De foliating also helps with canopy leaf temps.
I blow fans just above canopy and in between lights .

On a related different note I don't see much on pot temp .
Mine are always lower then room temp by 5-7 degrees+
I have a insulation board now blocking the cold air in on one side my pots to attempt to protect them to some level .

freezeland2

freezeland2

View attachment 1225560View attachment 1225561View attachment 1225559
I’m running that same UVA bar for the first time this grow. I just upped it today to 12hrs. I started it at 2hrs and increased another 2hrs each week. I got to 8hrs and got tired of moving and climbing over plants. So when I watered today and moving plants around I jumped to 12hrs instead of 10. Hopefully plants won’t fry, lol.

Ph 007

Ph 007

My ballast are mounted on top of my lights .
Light height definitely effects my leaf temp as does %. My lights are 100% being in flower now .
If you can feel any heat with your hand next to light then it transmits heat . The board is definitely hotter then air [use your IR gun] .
De foliating also helps with canopy leaf temps.
I blow fans just above canopy and in between lights .

On a related different note I don't see much on pot temp .
Mine are always lower then room temp by 5-7 degrees+
I have a insulation board now blocking the cold air in on one side my pots to attempt to protect them to some level .
Ye mine are the same My ballast are mounted on top of my lights .

And i have mesure pot level temp in 2 led grows canopy was 80-82 and pot level on top of the pot was about 75-77f

Ye i can feel heat of I put my hand about 1 inch away from the chips
As for the heat the boad makes it raises as heat does as u know,
But infered radiant heat that hps and cfl give off is diffrent it heats anything it hits and the bulb is throwing that out and hitting the canopy and it also bounces off the hps shade, led don't have that radiant infered heat, stick your hand under a 600 hps about 14-20" away and you really feel heat, jist put my led room back on 80-82 the bot linking lower temps it seems anyway they have been sick tho from flushing a lockout

Thse ir red lights on these board are not really inferred heat, just red light i think, they deffo give off no radiant ir heat like hps do from what I been told anyway lol , I can't feel it neither I can't be

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom