Can anyone ID this pest?

• Thread starter RibbonM
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RibbonM

RibbonM

I posted a few days ago and was told I had possibly mites or thrips. I sprayed my plant with insecticidal soap Thurs. Today I put yellow sticky paper close to my plant and found this fellow. Can you tell me what it is and if I should spray my plant again? Is there any issues with using the 'soap'? How often can/should I spray.

Can anyone id this pest
Can anyone id this pest 2
Can anyone id this pest 3
Can anyone id this pest 4
BigCube

BigCube

Little hard to see. But looks like a fungus gnat. Often caused by excess watering or not letting the soil dry out enough between waterings.

That's my guess, without seeing a better closer picture.

Oh gosh

Oh gosh

Parasitic wasp or fruit fly would be my guess. I'd follow the application directions on the bottle. More importantly, you want to check after an application (24hrs) to see if the product your using is working. Cut off several leafs and examine closely with a scope.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I don’t see the long antennas but root aphid flyers look striking similar to fungus gnats. I hope it isn’t though.

cannaloop

cannaloop

Parasitic wasp or fruit fly would be my guess. I'd follow the application directions on the bottle. More importantly, you want to check after an application (24hrs) to see if the product your using is working. Cut off several leafs and examine closely with a scope.
I think you're right. That little guy on the sticky trap is nothing more than a tiny bee/wasp that was just trying to do his job unfortunately.
The speckling on those leaves looks like textbook spider mites to me. Twist the stem on one of them so you can look underneath and I'm thinking you may see some dots. Take a jeweler's loupe or other magnifier to confirm that they're there. That plant does look stressed for some reason and that will help the spider mites out as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom