Can anyone identify the problem with my seedling!

• Thread starter zbyrne11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

zbyrne11

Got a clone from my gf’s dad, the older leaves are gradually browning, stem has some red stripes. My grow space is a small 2x2x4 tent with a 600watt led. She definitely isn’t doing so hot and I’m not expecting this plant to make it but I’d like to know for future references. I was thinking the soil doesn’t have enough perlite causes some sort of lockout but I’m not sure. Any input is greatly appreciated

Can anyone identify the problem with my seedling
Can anyone identify the problem with my seedling 2
Can anyone identify the problem with my seedling 3
Z

zbyrne11

Got a clone from my gf’s dad, the older leaves are gradually browning, stem has some red stripes. My grow space is a small 2x2x4 tent with a 600watt led. She definitely isn’t doing so hot and I’m not expecting this plant to make it but I’d like to know for future references. I was thinking the soil doesn’t have enough perlite causes some sort of lockout but I’m not sure. Any input is greatly appreciated
Also, this is a pic from this morning after adding cal mag and bio root, looks greener but that’s about it

5868D4E9 A27C 4B75 8A4E 3672EDB91795
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Can't repair damaged growth when immobile nutrients are involved you can only hope to improve new growth going forward.

Also need a lot more info in your post if you expect a thorough answer.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Looks cold and soil looks acidic. If you can even out the soil with something like coco coir that would be good but not sure what you have on hand. Is this a time release fertilizer soil? You may want to invest in a decent mix on the next run but this is fixable. May need lime if nothing else

Z

zbyrne11

Looks cold and soil looks acidic. If you can even out the soil with something like coco coir that would be good but not sure what you have on hand. Is this a time release fertilizer soil? You may want to invest in a decent mix on the next run but this is fixable. May need lime if nothing else
Exactly what is this growing in?
Generic Walmart soil, when I was given the seedling it was pretty rootbound in a red solo cup so I had to get what I could ASAP. Before transplanting it it in this bucket though I rinsed the soil thoroughly multiple times so it wasn’t hot, idk if that works or not but in my head it made sense

Homesteader

Homesteader

The soil should be okay once the plant pushes through it but you may be better off getting some better stuff on the next go or making your own. Time release ferts are hard to work with with cannabis. Not sure if your soil had that but it can throw nutrients out of whack if you add on top of that.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Pro Mix and Sunshine 4 both can be bought in smaller amounts than the bales. I’ve started using Sunshine 4 Advanced. Has everything you want including coco and no fertilizer.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

1. Go down to the nearest grow shop and buy some decent soil.
2. Shake off as much of the Walmart soil as possible — I would guess you can get rid of almost all of it — and replant in the new stuff.

If you're new to growing and have no nutrients, etc., you might consider getting a high quality organic soil. All you will have to do for the first month or so is water it when needed. You can get nutrients afterwards.

If you use Pro Mix or Sunshine #4, you'll have to get some nutrients with it, too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom