Can Anyone Identify This Fungus?

• Thread starter GardenWeasel77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dire wolf

dire wolf

Well flushing it didn't fix. Feeding it didn't fix it. So... Any ideas? I fed it 1tsp cal mag per and half tsp of miracle gro per gallon. I feel like I am neither over nor underfeeding plus plant has been flushed... Don't ask for runoff pH because my pen is busted but I always pH my water...can do it without a pen by now.
Feed it more 🙀

cotts1

cotts1

Agree with those above, looks like overwatering. Don't water them for like a week and then only give them light water until they recover. Put a floor fan blowing on the root zone to help air get to the roots and maybe run your exhaust 24/7 to improve air exchange and to lower humidity so they dry out faster

Madbud

Madbud

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

I trimmed all the bad leaves about a week ago after flushing and feeding with 1tsp cal mag per gallon and 1/2 tsp miracle gro.
They looked great until this morning. When I woke up this what I saw.

IMG 20210516 135245997
IMG 20210516 184234319
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I trimmed all the bad leaves about a week ago after flushing and feeding with 1tsp cal mag per gallon and 1/2 tsp miracle gro.
They looked great until this morning. When I woke up this what I saw.
too much watering..

dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

If you have a lot of burnt tips it's a clear give-away of too much nutrients. And that can happen easily with Miracle Gro. Then the plants lock up and can't take food from the soil. Do you use a soil ph meter? I use both types of ph meters. I don't like it if the soil gets too alkaline. I think it affects the taste and quality. Not just the health of the plant. If you're using tap water know that it can variate. My tap water ph has changed in the past. It can suddenly jump in alkalinity. And I noticed when reading my water report that my water's nitrate value is currently SIX TIMES the national average because of agricultural run-off. Don't throw out your water report when it comes in the mail! I let it get air so some of the chlorine percolates out of it and that chlorine represents a salt value. Remember that it is always best to under-fertilize rather than over-fertilize because it can be hard to fix the latter. It slows them down even if a flush is successful. You should upgrade your nutrients. I've always said anyone can grow marijuana but not everyone can grow it really well. People that want to excel at the hobby spend more money than $9 on a jar of crystal. Don't get me wrong-I grew some kick-ass plants with Miracle-Gro (both the bloom and regular) like 10 years ago. But guess what? I screwed up eventually and ended up with leaves that look exactly like yours. Only worse. I locked them up. Didn't kill them, but the yield suffered. And then there is the taste factor. Miracle-Gro is just nasty all-around. I use Fox Farm Trio, Cal-Mag Plus (two applications early in grow), and Neem Oil. And I'm not heavy on the water. I water a little every day rather than completely drench them. I just watered my plants an hour ago and they got about a quart each and that's it. I highly recommend using the Neem Oil immediately on your grow. I urge all growers to use it. It is an awesome product that stops fungus in its tracks. And even keeps spider mites from laying their eggs. Even helps prevent some pests in the soil if you use it that way (I don't). I use plant-based organic dish detergent as an emulsifier. Neem even has a slight nutrient value. I just sprayed some on my new seedlings and they're only three inches tall. Neem will prevent tragedy. I haven't had a single problem of any type in years since I started using it. And I had frequent problems. Fox Farm is excellent and I Iike the organic nature of Big Bloom. It's just earthworm castings and bat guano. Near the end of the project I taper back the Tiger Bloom and up the amount of Big Bloom and I swear it gives a better taste to the end product. Sweeter and less harsh. Makes the Blue Cheese really taste cheesey in my Starry Vape.

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

If you have a lot of burnt tips it's a clear give-away of too much nutrients. And that can happen easily with Miracle Gro. Then the plants lock up and can't take food from the soil. Do you use a soil ph meter? I use both types of ph meters. I don't like it if the soil gets too alkaline. I think it affects the taste and quality. Not just the health of the plant. If you're using tap water know that it can variate. My tap water ph has changed in the past. It can suddenly jump in alkalinity. And I noticed when reading my water report that my water's nitrate value is currently SIX TIMES the national average because of agricultural run-off. Don't throw out your water report when it comes in the mail! I let it get air so some of the chlorine percolates out of it and that chlorine represents a salt value. Remember that it is always best to under-fertilize rather than over-fertilize because it can be hard to fix the latter. It slows them down even if a flush is successful. You should upgrade your nutrients. I've always said anyone can grow marijuana but not everyone can grow it really well. People that want to excel at the hobby spend more money than $9 on a jar of crystal. Don't get me wrong-I grew some kick-ass plants with Miracle-Gro (both the bloom and regular) like 10 years ago. But guess what? I screwed up eventually and ended up with leaves that look exactly like yours. Only worse. I locked them up. Didn't kill them, but the yield suffered. And then there is the taste factor. Miracle-Gro is just nasty all-around. I use Fox Farm Trio, Cal-Mag Plus (two applications early in grow), and Neem Oil. And I'm not heavy on the water. I water a little every day rather than completely drench them. I just watered my plants an hour ago and they got about a quart each and that's it. I highly recommend using the Neem Oil immediately on your grow. I urge all growers to use it. It is an awesome product that stops fungus in its tracks. And even keeps spider mites from laying their eggs. Even helps prevent some pests in the soil if you use it that way (I don't). I use plant-based organic dish detergent as an emulsifier. Neem even has a slight nutrient value. I just sprayed some on my new seedlings and they're only three inches tall. Neem will prevent tragedy. I haven't had a single problem of any type in years since I started using it. And I had frequent problems. Fox Farm is excellent and I Iike the organic nature of Big Bloom. It's just earthworm castings and bat guano. Near the end of the project I taper back the Tiger Bloom and up the amount of Big Bloom and I swear it gives a better taste to the end product. Sweeter and less harsh. Makes the Blue Cheese really taste cheesey in my Starry Vape.
Thank you so much! I do pH my soil right now it slightly acidic at around 5.7. I will def be switching to gh nutrients my next run. Thanks again for all the sage advice.

NewbieTed

NewbieTed

"Sage advice"
I thought we were growing herb, not herbs...

Top Bottom