Can anyone identify this insect.

• Thread starter Southernuncle21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

strikepower

Curious what’s your method for getting rid of caterpillars. It may help multiple growers with similar issues.
I bought this product,
IMG 6054
which is very useful. , but I decided to try to solve the problem by removing them manually because there weren't many of them and it worked 😄. and of course I also removed the leaves with the eggs . I hope i helped .😎

M

Mcprp

Assassin bugs wreak havoc on mites caterpillar larvae hell even big ass caterpillars get eat up by assassin bugs. I have assassin bugs that's all over. All I need to do is catch a couple of them and put them on the plant and they'll just wreak havoc on the entire caterpillar population. Plus I can try to attract some parasitic wasp come take care of whatever caterpillar survive and grow. Google
Thanks for the info , I’ll try that on my apple trees next spring . Where do you keep them until they hatch ? And then what do you do , spread a few on each tree ?

Phaze5

Phaze5

Yeah,I looked as well,the brown looks like honeycomb,I thought maybe the insect arranged it's eggs like that or something
Saw the honeycomb immediately and thought/think the exact same thing.

R

ritoMox

I did my usual daily check and found this gem under on of the leafs. Im having trouble figuring out what it is. I been looking on the internet for an hour and can't figure out what it is. Does anyone know what it might be?
FYI, dropping your pics into Google lens/Images can sometimes help narrow down a bug search. Just click the camera icon and a drop-down will show where you just drag and drop your pic. ✌️
Google lens

Latest posts

Top Bottom