Can anyone tell me what’s wrong with my girl?!?

• Thread starter 420Greenthumbs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420Greenthumbs

420Greenthumbs

We’re at about 6 weeks and she’s been doing great. 2 days ago I noticed it looked like something was munching on her bottom leaves. Then today more spots on the top leaves. I killed what I believe to be a white fly but I’m not positive. Plus, now her bottom leaves are turning yellow, one is wilted and looks like it could drop off any second. Any ideas what this could be and how to fix it?

Can anyone tell me whats wrong with my girl
Can anyone tell me whats wrong with my girl 2
Can anyone tell me whats wrong with my girl 3
growsince79

growsince79

Looks like its a bit over watered and not enough light. 6 week plant should be way bigger than that. What kind of light is it getting?

420Greenthumbs

420Greenthumbs

Looks like its a bit over watered and not enough light. 6 week plant should be way bigger than that. What kind of light is it getting?
Just a standard LED, and it’s on a 24/0 cycle right now. But we don’t have our grow room yet. This was sort of our “tester” plant just to see if we could get something to grow. Where we have it is not sealed so I know there’s a lot of light leakage. Now that we’ve gotten past that we’re gonna invest in a room with a the correct lighting and such. We just watered it right before noticing the leaves so maybe added too much? Aside from the size though, you think light deficiency and over watering will cause the leaves to do that? I’m concerned we’ve got some kind of infestation.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

What do you mean by "Standard LED"? There really isn't such a thing yet.
How often do you water?

Yup, you had, might still have, a critter.

Oh! And your girl said, "After 6 weeks and he won't even hold my leaves.!" 😂

420Greenthumbs

420Greenthumbs

What do you mean by "Standard LED"? There really isn't such a thing yet.
How often do you water?

Yup, you had, might still have, a critter.

Oh! And your girl said, "After 6 weeks and he won't even hold my leaves.!" 😂
😂😂 gotta take it slow and easy! Lol it’s literally just an LED light bulb hanging above the plant. Our set up is super elementary. We didn’t even think we could get it this far. So now that we can we have some Mag Landrace seeds to plant once we get the tent. Don’t want any room for error with that! Watering about once a week. I just wait until the the soil is dry about a finger tip down before watering. Everything we’re doing is just a wait and watch I guess lol. I started researching after we planted her. Gonna invest in some better soil and get the room set up so we can control the environment on the next one. Learning a lot by trial and error on this first grow. Lol. But if I can save her, I’ll do anything!

growsince79

growsince79

Just a standard LED, and it’s on a 24/0 cycle right now. But we don’t have our grow room yet. This was sort of our “tester” plant just to see if we could get something to grow. Where we have it is not sealed so I know there’s a lot of light leakage. Now that we’ve gotten past that we’re gonna invest in a room with a the correct lighting and such. We just watered it right before noticing the leaves so maybe added too much? Aside from the size though, you think light deficiency and over watering will cause the leaves to do that? I’m concerned we’ve got some kind of infestation.
Looks like something chomping on em. Other than that its healthy enough for not having much light.

420Greenthumbs

420Greenthumbs

Looks like something chomping on em. Other than that its healthy enough for not having much light.
I think it’s white flies 😔. Killed something that looks just like one I just don’t see any larvae or anything on the underside of my leaves so I wasn’t sure.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

What kind of soil do you have?
Have you decided on a grow type? (Organic or Non)

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I think it’s white flies 😔. Killed something that looks just like one I just don’t see any larvae or anything on the underside of my leaves so I wasn’t sure.
Look at the soil for tracks or holes that shouldn't be there.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Organic. Ok, get some recharge.
Mix that with your soil. It will add microbes and other goodies you need for organic.

420Greenthumbs

420Greenthumbs

Organic. Ok, get some recharge.
Mix that with your soil. It will add microbes and other goodies you need for organic.

Thank you! That was super helpful!

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

We’re at about 6 weeks and she’s been doing great. 2 days ago I noticed it looked like something was munching on her bottom leaves. Then today more spots on the top leaves. I killed what I believe to be a white fly but I’m not positive. Plus, now her bottom leaves are turning yellow, one is wilted and looks like it could drop off any second. Any ideas what this could be and how to fix it?
Are you talking about the round elephant leaves that are yellow just watch the top leaves on how they look and not so much about old leafs ok 👻🚂👌🙃😜

420Greenthumbs

420Greenthumbs

Are you talking about the round elephant leaves that are yellow just watch the top leaves on how they look and not so much about old leafs ok 👻🚂👌🙃😜
Yes! The one turned yellow and is almost falling off now. My bigger concern is the top leaves are being shredded by white flies 😞. I can’t seem to get rid of them. But our grow tent is on the way so we will be starting a new grow soon and hopefully shouldn’t have that problem with a more controlled environment! I’m just not sure if this one can be saved. I don’t want to put it in the tent and have the flies multiply inside there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom