Can anyone tell me why this one plant looks different than the others? They are all the same strain of white rhino. Is it possibly a male or Hermie?

• Thread starter SpikeZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SpikeZ

SpikeZ

This is one plant of several, all White Rhino. 32 days from seed in vegetation and it's the only plant that has this top. Is it early flowering, or is it possibly a male or Hermie?

Can anyone tell me why this one plant looks different than the others they are all the same st
2Bad

2Bad

If they are from seeds they can all look/be different. Only clones come out the same.

edit: I can't really tell what's going on in the pic sorry

SpikeZ

SpikeZ

The rest of my plants look fine. None have been "topped" or "fimmed" yet as they are only 32 days old in vegetation. so what is it exactly that I'm looking at with this one? Are you supposed to top , fim, or defoliate so early on? I haven't done anything to my plants except water them and feed them grow big nutrients from fox farms. They have been on 18/6 under 1000w MH vegetative light set at 750 w on the ballast. They are watered every 2-3 days ( depending on soil dryness at 1 1/2" depth) fed 3 1/2 tsp of fox farms grow big per gal of water every other water schedule. Ph in water and soil has been consistent 6.3/6.4 ppm . Humidity levels at 63-65%
If they are from seeds they can all look/be different. Only clones come out the same.

edit: I can't really tell what's going on in the pic sorry
Sorry here's a few more pics. Are those pollen sacs starting to form , or is this plant just non-typical? All were started from their own seeds and all are the same strain.

SpikeZ

SpikeZ

Oh yeah you could top at like 2-3 weeks. I usually FIM but its a personal choice. It looks like maybe it topped it self.
Ok thank you. I ve just never seen a plant top itself . Was just worried it was male or herm. To be on the safe side I am going to seclude it to its own personal tent.

2Bad

2Bad

Also don't know how much clearance you have for them to grow just don't forget they double-triple in height depending on genetics. Train them down or flower soon if you're running out of height.

2Bad

2Bad

Ok thank you. I ve just never seen a plant top itself . Was just worried it was male or herm. To be on the safe side I am going to seclude it to its own personal tent.
Yeah I haven't either have you been growing a while?

SpikeZ

SpikeZ

Yeah I haven't either have you been growing a while?
Off and on for 20 yrs maybe. Have done indoor and outdoor grows , but steer more towards indoor. I want to try hydro but I have a lot more research to do 1st.

2Bad

2Bad

I believe hydro will give you fluffier/more yield but less flavorful. But that's just an opinion.

SpikeZ

SpikeZ

Also don't know how much clearance you have for them to grow just don't forget they double-triple in height depending on genetics. Train them down or flower soon if you're running out of height.
I have almost 7ft in height clearance. Since I'm running (2)-1000w MH veg bulbs on multi watt Ipower ballasts set at 750w ea , I'm aprox 22-24" above the plants ATM. Raising lights with plant height growth. By the time I reach the approximate 60 veg mark I'll switch both bulbs to 1000w HPS set at 1000w per ballast at maximum height. I've found that only going with 1000 w on the ballast instead of ultra bright lumen setting, I get a better start to the thicker healthier colas during the start of flowering. I only change to the ultra setting about 3wks from harvest .

2Bad

2Bad

I have almost 7ft in height clearance. Since I'm running (2)-1000w MH veg bulbs on multi watt Ipower ballasts set at 750w ea , I'm aprox 22-24" above the plants ATM. Raising lights with plant height growth. By the time I reach the approximate 60 veg mark I'll switch both bulbs to 1000w HPS set at 1000w per ballast at maximum height. I've found that only going with 1000 w on the ballast instead of ultra bright lumen setting, I get a better start to the thicker healthier colas during the start of flowering. I only change to the ultra setting about 3wks from harvest .
Yep sorry that was before I figured out you've been doing this a long time.

SpikeZ

SpikeZ

Usually between 82° and 88° max
So far for this strain it seems to be ideal. At 78° F they seem to be smaller and almost starving for heat. As funny as that sounds. Bumping up that extra couple of degrees has made a significant difference. Fuller leaves thicker stalk, more stronger cola production. Honestly it really depends on the strain and it's genealogy. White rhino comes from a heavy Afghanistan parent which strives for the heat from the desert climate. Thus higher temps are ideal. The other parent being White widow is a North American strain grown mostly where the humidity values are alot higher allowing me to keep higher on 65% humidity to almost 70%. So far this is the only strain I've grown that likes it semi hot and moderately moist.
Yep sorry that was before I figured out you've been doing this a long time.

SpikeZ

SpikeZ

Prune the big leaves that are blocking new leaves. New leaves photosynthesize better.
Defoliation and pruning have never been one of my higher interests before , so I'm kind of a Noob in that department. I have been cutting fans off plants during flowering in previous grows but never any pruning during vegetative cycle .Any new info helps and is very much appreciated.

2Bad

2Bad

So far for this strain it seems to be ideal. At 78° F they seem to be smaller and almost starving for heat. As funny as that sounds. Bumping up that extra couple of degrees has made a significant difference. Fuller leaves thicker stalk, more stronger cola production. Honestly it really depends on the strain and it's genealogy. White rhino comes from a heavy Afghanistan parent which strives for the heat from the desert climate. Thus higher temps are ideal. The other parent being White widow is a North American strain grown mostly where the humidity values are alot higher allowing me to keep higher on 65% humidity to almost 70%. So far this is the only strain I've grown that likes it semi hot and moderately moist.
I was just saying wow because I couldn't stand the heat in the winter. And you have to deal w/ that all year long . And I'm a pruner they always seem to bounce back stronger for me

steamroller

steamroller

Your just seeing explosive thick growth IMO. 💪
I use FF nutes and you are on my page for dosage. 👍
Top and or begin training.

Latest posts

Top Bottom