Can e-growers please send the chemical ferts to hell already?

• Thread starter RippedTorn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Springwater

I admit that I myself have bought into the "organic" movement in the past... and then I took a biology and a chemistry class when I was in college (just a few years ago) and both classes had a section on "organic" gardening. The fact is that there are safe and ethical agricultural practices, and then there are less safe and less ethical practices, and whether or not they fall into the MARKETING definition of organic (which has very little basis in science) has nothing to do with it.

That's why organic spinach is one of the number one culprits of e. Coli ever.

S

Springwater

Something else that just occurred to me: I have used a lot of coir, and every single coir product I have ever used has been OMRI certified organic. I prefer it to peat moss as a soil amendment due to the fact that it is pretty much impossible to over-water coir, and where I live it tends to rain a lot.

There is nothing wrong with coir. Works great for hydro and organic gardening both.

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
This post gave me cancer. For the love of god, someone please lock it.

1989cheeseSOG

1989cheeseSOG

i dont think coco is more carcinogen than other mediums
it just releases some elements, which must be taken in count when formulating the nutrition

but all the liquid additives are more or less bad from whati heard .. the manufacturers mix em with several nocive coponents so everything stay fresh/in suspension
thats why i dont use any, like most well informed growers

only base mix(a+b) and PK of any sort are needed to grow fire
even better mix some dry salt or buy some dry nutrients already mixed, and use em with calcium nitrate and mag sulfate

if you dont use any liquid snake oil, PGR's or systemic insecticid then the main concern to get healthy buds is too feed the right way
the way to do this is to recirculate the nutrient solution, and be sure the EC of the runoff never climb
i like to keep it really steady, which means you're on the right spot

if you let the EC of your runoff climb, nutes accumulate in the buds and then it becomes carcinogens for sure

Top Bottom