Can feminized seeds from the same plant have different sizes?

• Thread starter Toscano
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Toscano

Toscano

Hi everyone.

Planning on my first grow, I've initially (about a month ago) purchased a 5-unit White Widow feminized pack from Royal Queen Seeds here in Europe.

However, as I'm planning on growing 4 healthy plants, I thought it would be a good idea to germinate a few more, so I could choose the 4 more healthy looking from the pack and discard the rest.

So I purchased another 3-unit pack from the same thing: White Widow feminized, from Royal Queen Seeds.

The 5-unit pack is on one of the plates in this picture; the other plate has the 3-unit pack.

My question is: can seeds from the same kind of plant (supposedly, both WW feminized) have such different sizes?

I could understand if they were all different. But one pack seems completely different from the other pack...

A bit afraid I've might have an automatic version in one of the plates... (which is not at all what I wanted).

Can feminized seeds from the same plant have different sizes

Stonerbudz

Stonerbudz

Hi everyone.

Planning on my first grow, I've initially (about a month ago) purchased a 5-unit White Widow feminized pack from Royal Queen Seeds here in Europe.

However, as I'm planning on growing 4 healthy plants, I thought it would be a good idea to germinate a few more, so I could choose the 4 more healthy looking from the pack and discard the rest.

So I purchased another 3-unit pack from the same thing: White Widow feminized, from Royal Queen Seeds.

The 5-unit pack is on one of the plates in this picture; the other plate has the 3-unit pack.

My question is: can seeds from the same kind of plant (supposedly, both WW feminized) have such different sizes?

I could understand if they were all different. But one pack seems completely different from the other pack...

A bit afraid I've might have an automatic version in one of the plates... (which is not at all what I wanted).

View attachment 1287012
So matter in fact there is a possibility of having different sized seeds alll cross the same plant sadly but it really sll matters ive been told the bigger seeds are better to germination rates compare too the smaller ones but on my side so far i have the best seed germination rates eith the dmaller sided seeds but theres definitely notting to be worried about they should all be good samw time for you ans best of luck looking forward to following the grow

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I would guess they are not the same.

It is possible to have different sized seeds from the same cross, but the likelihood of all the big ones being in one pack and all the small ones in the next, makes me think a mistake was made.

There is no way to tell if they're autos, photos, fems or regs until you grow them out.

Toscano

Toscano

I would guess they are not the same.

It is possible to have different sized seeds from the same cross, but the likelihood of all the big ones being in one pack and all the small ones in the next, makes me think a mistake was made.

There is no way to tell if they're autos, photos, fems or regs until you grow them out.
I was told the following from customer support of Royal Queen Seeds:

"
Seeds can be from the different batch of White Widow and that's why the different size.

The chance to get wrong seeds is very low, because we pack all seeds one strain at the time.
"

So I guess I'll have to try and germinate them.
Hopefully they're not automatics, as I plan on topping and train them.

Thanks,

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

Yes you can have fem seeds varying in size. But in general I personally think the fat darker seeds out the gate performance is better.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Hi everyone.

View attachment 1287012
A company like Royal Queen contracts the seeds out to more than one supplier so the choice of mothers to feminize can be different,most big companies do this and mainly from Spain.

HippiHemuli

HippiHemuli

You said 2 different packs if that so RQS have purple color for feminized, green for autoflowers, blue for cbd and black for regural seeds if they had different colors then they are different. Seeds can be different size if they come same plant but mostly same sizes. I think if not 2 diff packs then its just different seed patch what u got like buzzzz said. 🙂

I

Its420anytime

People drop multiple seeds from same plant possibly looking for a certain pheno type to keep as a mother plant.

Just like parents, mothers and fathers, 5 kids in the family 2 girls 3 boys, do they all look the same? No.

Cloning from a mother plant is only way to get same pheno over and over.

Latest posts

Top Bottom