Can Filters & air scrubbing timing

• Thread starter SAMCRO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SAMCRO

SAMCRO

Okay, I have looked on the board and haven't been able to find this anywhere. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places. I have a max fan 12" with Can Filter 150 to set up in our sealed flower room. I would like to know does this scrubber need to be running 24/7? Or should I have it set on a timer to come on during the lights on stage or at lights out stage? How long? Or on a cycle timer type deal? Im confused about this aspect of our new flower room. I personally can't see this beast running 24/7 but thought I would ask the pros. Let me know how to roll.

Thank you.

T

Thebogie

Good Luck getting an Answer

Appears this is the site where the Prima Donnas reside. Good luck! I have asked some simple questions and always no response. Think they must be $$ motivated. PEACE Bogie

M

MIway

Appears this is the site where the Prima Donnas reside. Good luck! I have asked some simple questions and always no response. Think they must be $$ motivated. PEACE Bogie

Well, his paypal donation has cleared processing...

If you're scrubbing (recirc'n room air within itself), then 24/7... and you will never truly get all the stray odors, just cut it down considerably.

Or, you can set-up a lung room and vent the scrubber to that area, and also open up a passive intake in there back to the big room. If you can place the scrubber at the opposite to the lung room, then that would make for the 'best' exchange (in the flower room)... shooting for 'negative air pressure' within the flower room itself... best to contain & scrub odors.

It would be clearer, but the donation allotment has run out... please insert more quarters... ;-)

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I guess it depends on the size of your room and how stinky your shit is really

that would be overkill in my small room - but I dunno maybe your running 10 lights

I dont do any scrubbing in veg - you could try it on a timer 15 on 15 off - my guess is toward the end youll want to run it 24/7 anyhow

stealth and peace of mind is worth the extra cost of running that bad boy IMO

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

Thanks guys for the response. I appreciate all of them. I think to be honest question probably should have gone in the general indoor growing forum rather than construction area. I was feeling pretty alone with this question sitting here for days with no action and almost relocated it to the growing area. Maybe I still should. Paypal funds for answering questions? Love that. Thats a good one. My paypal funds ran out while building my operation so paypal is out at the moment. Will have to use cash from now on. To answer some of your questions.

All rooms are sealed. No venting in or out.
Flower Room is 20X16, Veg and mother room is 15X12, drying curing is 10X10. All sealed running Frost box 3 ton air conditioning unit 3 zone controled dampers. I figured that the stinkier it gets the more it should be running. But didnt know where we should be at prior to the funk. Was told I needed the CAN FILTER 150 with the 12" Max Fan for proper scrubbing. Gonna build a silencer using the one made here on the board and see how that comes down the "table saw" sound. It draws about 4.1 amps so its not a major suck but every piece of gear is adding up and the sound can drive you crazy for extended periods of time in the garden. I guess its trial and error but thought I would get a more defininate answer here on this board. So many good growers and so much to learn I figured this would be a slam dunk answer. But then again maybe its in the wrong section.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
you can get a fan speed controller (dont use a dimmer)

reducing the fan speed by 20-25% cuts down the amount of noise BIG TIME - you could dial it further until you start to get a whiff and then crank it

sorry my answer isnt a "slam dunk"

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Samcro, The silencer is gonna make the biggest sound difference. The speed controller is a good thing for flow, saving juice, and some noise. Motherlode has a good direction there. Unfortunately, most create some fan hum as they are reducing the wind noise. I think both together would be the best of all situations.

There, i tipped it in.

-TF

budfriend

budfriend

are you seriou:confused0054::confused0054:s..if you have to ask that question with a room that size

man i wish it was still illegal... i hate the idoits running clubs that know jack shit and r dictating the price now. i have not been to that many but i think almost every one that owns one barely even smokes.?????

we need to take this shit back.......why are all these idots running the clubs ...outstanding members of ASA???? who like edibles??? and what to help there patients...pay 65 an eight...but only wanna pay 32 or less????? less than 2k for good outdoot of guys growing for 30 years??

sorry for ranting but what the fuck..we need to take this back...no corporations, huge wharehouse grows, people cashing in... its about mom and pop and many people living a decent life..not people controlling....being greedy..that is what ganja is about...medicine...??? who cares if you are sick or not. it is good for most people. it is good to get high.

Tip for other people...a 14 in max fan uses about half the watts and runs at about half the rpm, thus it is pretty quite pullin the same cfm. Even quiter than a 10 in max fan.. plus has more pressure making the air move farther at the high rpm....hhmmmm

not trying to bash on you personally ..but all this new shit in general and people trying to cash in ruining things.

beer makes weed better....

i will go ahead and give myself ..:anim_09::anim_09::anim_09::anim_09::anim_09:. for the curse words i used...

thanks for reading my rant. i feel better now..:):):):):)

T

TheIronLung317

are you seriou:confused0054::confused0054:s..if you have to ask that question with a room that size

man i wish it was still illegal... i hate the idoits running clubs that know jack shit and r dictating the price now. i have not been to that many but i think almost every one that owns one barely even smokes.?????

we need to take this shit back.......why are all these idots running the clubs ...outstanding members of ASA???? who like edibles??? and what to help there patients...pay 65 an eight...but only wanna pay 32 or less????? less than 2k for good outdoot of guys growing for 30 years??

sorry for ranting but what the fuck..we need to take this back...no corporations, huge wharehouse grows, people cashing in... its about mom and pop and many people living a decent life..not people controlling....being greedy..that is what ganja is about...medicine...??? who cares if you are sick or not. it is good for most people. it is good to get high.

Tip for other people...a 14 in max fan uses about half the watts and runs at about half the rpm, thus it is pretty quite pullin the same cfm. Even quiter than a 10 in max fan.. plus has more pressure making the air move farther at the high rpm....hhmmmm

not trying to bash on you personally ..but all this new shit in general and people trying to cash in ruining things.

i will go ahead and give myself ..:anim_09::anim_09::anim_09::anim_09::anim_09:. for the curse words i used...

Wtf that was some funny shit. Personally, you are making too many judgmental assumptions from this thread, First being that this guy is a club owner. Ok he has some minimally decent growing space, and is asking some super noob questions, but no need to hate on him.

Back on topic. I love to run my air scrubbers 24/7! My room is semi sealed. I like to use the negative pressure to allow fresh air into my sealed room. I use the scrubber and fan to suck fresh air into the room only through the small crack at the bottom of the door. Negative pressure doesn't allow any smell that the scrubber didn't filter to be let out. So the smell doesn't go outside the room!

M

MIway

Back on topic. I love to run my air scrubbers 24/7! My room is semi sealed. I like to use the negative pressure to allow fresh air into my sealed room. I use the scrubber and fan to suck fresh air into the room only through the small crack at the bottom of the door. Negative pressure doesn't allow any smell that the scrubber didn't filter to be let out. So the smell doesn't go outside the room!

Yeah that ^^^^

u must'v got more quarters bro... ;-)

R

RMCG

I run Can 12"s on Can 100's 24/7 and it keeps everything in check.

I also added 12" duct mufflers. I had speed controllers on them and while it lessened the 'whooshing' sound, it made it sound more 'metallic' and 'whirring'.

Not satisfactory.

Duct mufflers with fans full blast 24/7 and its noticeable, but 1/3rd of what it was without.

hiboy

hiboy

If your fans ducting and then running thru ur lights, then it has to be on when the lights are on, i've seen major damage done when there was an accident and they turned on late. Melted teh reflective film, paint from the insides, didnt crack the glass.
++ on the speed controllers, lotsa benefits.
hiboy

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

you can get a fan speed controller (dont use a dimmer)

reducing the fan speed by 20-25% cuts down the amount of noise BIG TIME - you could dial it further until you start to get a whiff and then crank it

sorry my answer isnt a "slam dunk"

Your answer is awesome Motherlode and will help me big time. Thank you.

Samcro, The silencer is gonna make the biggest sound difference. The speed controller is a good thing for flow, saving juice, and some noise. Motherlode has a good direction there. Unfortunately, most create some fan hum as they are reducing the wind noise. I think both together would be the best of all situations.

There, i tipped it in.

-TF

Your DIY silencer is awesome. Thank you for posting that. Its saved in my SUB threads here. Will build one exact. I think your DIY is much better than the store bought ones. Here is the link for those that need it.

Wow. Thanks Budfriend for the warm "friendly" welcome and for calling me an idiot. I appreciate it. Glad you had your chance to vent and blow your frustration and dump on me, corporate grows, club owners and my simple question thread for whatever reason. Here is my response to your rant.

Yes I have to ask with any room my size. Just because somebody has a room size of larger than closet measurements doesn't mean they should know everything. Big assumptions on your part. Anybody can just plug it in and let it run 24/7, just figured I would save and conserve some energy with a plan and try to be smart about it.

Just because I am new to this farmer site doesn't mean I'm an idiot or new to the growing culture. I could have 20 years outdoor growing experience under my belt and have never grown indoors and wanted to try something new with a sealed room grow and a new location. Never had to use a air scrubber before so some basic questions about it that I haven't found on this site yet needed to be answered for clarification.

Last time I checked growing, cultivating and possession is still illegal in all 50 states and at the Fed level. Nobody has it "LEGAL" in the states. If somebody has it LEGAL please show me how your exempt. It should be decriminalized but that's another topic. Sure you can have a medical card, a letter from a doctor, grow for a club, grow for yourself or a collective, buy your medication from a collective or club and posses it and smoke it limited quantities, vape it, eat it etc. But just because you have proper documentation doesn't mean you are exempt from prosecution at any level. Nobody is exempt.

No I am not a corporate grower, warehouse grower, no I am not a club owner and no I do not make the prices. I wish I did. But just because you may own a collective or cooperative or dispensary and provide a legal service to those in need doesn't make you corporate grow. If your professional about the way you run your grow as medication and you are professional about the way your "club" is run and you personally view that as corporate than so be it and call it Corporate. At least it clean, neat and a safe place for people to get what they need be it for medical or for "just getting high".

Mom and pop grows I always love this term for non corporate grows. Nice term but it's mostly growers that are skillful educated individuals both men and women who grow and cultivate and innovate new strains not major corporations. Get a grip man. I am against corporate involvement with anything to do with HEMP, Cannabis or Medical Grade. It's wrong on so many levels. Corporate involvement means to me RJ Reynolds Tobacco, Philip Morris type deals.

Your "who's gives a shit" attitude for sick people that depend on medical cannabis to help their pains and countless other symptoms is insulting and slap in the face for the people who really need it and stuck their neck out and got the State Bill on the ballots for the people of their particular state to vote on. If you don't have sickness or pain and you want to get high on Ganja, ditch weed, dank, frosty buds I don't care. That's your personal right to freedom of choice. I hope you light up anytime and enjoy like many of us on this site.

Yes I know the MAX FAN 14" is much more quiet and runs more effective. It's also about $200 more money delivered than I had in mind to spend on fan/scrubber application.

But hey I'm just idiot Noob on the farm that you didn't bother to take other things into consideration before your rant.

Wtf that was some funny shit. Personally, you are making too many judgmental assumptions from this thread, First being that this guy is a club owner. Ok he has some minimally decent growing space, and is asking some super noob questions, but no need to hate on him.

Thanks for the first paragraph. I appreciate it. Gotcha on the air scrubber.

I run Can 12"s on Can 100's 24/7 and it keeps everything in check.

I also added 12" duct mufflers. I had speed controllers on them and while it lessened the 'whooshing' sound, it made it sound more 'metallic' and 'whirring'.

Not satisfactory.

Duct mufflers with fans full blast 24/7 and its noticeable, but 1/3rd of what it was without.

Gotcha. Not sure about the Metallic deal though. But I think I get the drift.

If your fans ducting and then running thru ur lights, then it has to be on when the lights are on, i've seen major damage done when there was an accident and they turned on late. Melted teh reflective film, paint from the insides, didnt crack the glass.
++ on the speed controllers, lotsa benefits.
hiboy

Running Adjust A Wings with this set up. But thanks for the heads-up on cool air lights.

O

OutLander

I may be coming in a little late here but I thought I'd drop a note. My room dimensions are amazingly similar to yours SAMCRO. I run a UC system and have been working with Jackmayoffer's calculations. Using those, and running 10 x XXL13s there are 2 x MaxFans 12 + Can 150s hanging in there. Those run 24/7. Hey when the UCs are rockin those girls get a bit smelly.

The mom room is currently dealing with a lot of different sizes of girls while some reconfigurations are made. One MaxFan 12 + Can 150 was not enough. Luckily there was an extra MaxFan 12 + Can 75 floating around and that made all the difference. The can 150 is on 24/7. The can 75 is going to get put on a timer. It'll start at 15 minutes out of every 3 hours. We'll see if that's enough.

Eventually the 12" fans will get swapped for some 14"ers for the reasons mentioned earlier - 1/2 the amps, not nearly as loud, but even more cfm than the 12. Its just the up front cost.

If you're not sure check the smell. If you can smell it from outside the room you need more scrubbing power. You may want to invest in an ozone generator for outside the room too. That's in my future I know.

Hope that helps.

N

NBfrost

hey budfriend i think you should keep your judgemental assumptions to yourself

Top Bottom