can harvested nugs with pm on them be smoked?

• Thread starter 303 DUB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
303 DUB

303 DUB

just haveseted today and have been battling pm for a long minute with this round. so that being said can nugs that were harvested with pm on them be smoked? if not is there anything i can do to save these bugs?

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Pm wash says you can spray on dried stuff

Never tried it myself, but have used it 24 hrs before harvest without any negative effects

Can't just trim it off?

(If its medical make sure people know when your selling it, no need to get somebody with a weakened immune system sick)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
just haveseted today and have been battling pm for a long minute with this round. so that being said can nugs that were harvested with pm on them be smoked? if not is there anything i can do to save these bugs?

I would do the dip. In fact, I have done the dip, works great. Hold on, Jorge did a video after I did my dip thang, he shows it better.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

The above will take light mold off your plants ^^^ but it will also kill the mold so you can smoke without worry. Heavy mold is very hard to get off the plant even with all the methods found on the web. Making oil will get rid of the mold, it gets trapped in the filter.

I have had to use the above method a couple times, I rinse with the hose and than put in a salad spinner than into he dryer I built to cure all my buds. The spinner does not do any noticeable damage and the buds still work great. I used the spinner as I don't like the idea of wet and damp inside the buds for a day or two.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Gentlemen, why do you recommend making hash from it? Safety, or what? It does seem to me that making bubble hash does nothing to remove the PM, which lives on living plant tissue and nothing else.

I am once again putting out my annual call for any papers (peer reviewed type, not anecdotal) discussing health problems caused to humans by ingesting powdery mildew spores. :)

In the meantime, 303, what did you end up doing?

neverbreak

neverbreak

i only suggest it as it'll turn it into a nicer product, not due to some health revitalizin effect out of hashin it up.

i've never found anythin conclusive about pm being harmful to humans. please enlighen me if ya know otherwise sea. :)

neverbreak

Amber

Amber

I would do the dip. In fact, I have done the dip, works great. Hold on, Jorge did a video after I did my dip thang, he shows it better.
I love this video. It takes some time but will be fine afterwards I had some that I did this to tested and it came out great.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
i only suggest it as it'll turn it into a nicer product, not due to some health revitalizin effect out of hashin it up.

i've never found anythin conclusive about pm being harmful to humans. please enlighen me if ya know otherwise sea. :)

neverbreak

I've been searching for over a year, and keep my ear to the ground for anything. Foodstuffs infected with it obviously won't be eaten because those PM infected spots tend to decompose pretty quickly. But on cannabis..? Once the plant material is dead, the fungus can no longer grow. Grow in our lungs or other tissues? That doesn't seem to be possible. Allergies are a definite possibility, and of course if someone were allergic and then inhaled deeply what causes their allergies.. I can see that causing a problem, more or less severe depending on that individual's reaction.
I think it's a knee jerk reaction to say if it's got PM it's gotta be tossed. Of course, if nothing else, it can probably be used for budder, but bubble hashing it will still leave you with the spores. Butane honey oiling I'm pretty sure requires some very fine filtration, and in that scenario if one is using a fine enough filter they can remove the spores. Otherwise, you're still at square one.

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

Since we are on the subject. I got some club bud recently and broke a nud and looked funny! So smoke away if you dare! Clearly 2 types of mold and fungi and a critter too!
La contfondetial bud moldbugs 001
La contfondetial bud moldbugs 002
La contfondetial bud moldbugs 003
La contfondetial bud moldbugs 004
La contfondetial bud moldbugs 005
La Confadential bud rotbugs 001
La Confadential bud rotbugs 002
La Confadential bud rotbugs 003
La Confadential bud rotbugs 004
La Confadential bud rotbugs 005
La Confadential bud rotbugs 006

neverbreak

neverbreak

I've been searching for over a year, and keep my ear to the ground for anything. Foodstuffs infected with it obviously won't be eaten because those PM infected spots tend to decompose pretty quickly. But on cannabis..? Once the plant material is dead, the fungus can no longer grow. Grow in our lungs or other tissues? That doesn't seem to be possible. Allergies are a definite possibility, and of course if someone were allergic and then inhaled deeply what causes their allergies.. I can see that causing a problem, more or less severe depending on that individual's reaction.
I think it's a knee jerk reaction to say if it's got PM it's gotta be tossed. Of course, if nothing else, it can probably be used for budder, but bubble hashing it will still leave you with the spores. Butane honey oiling I'm pretty sure requires some very fine filtration, and in that scenario if one is using a fine enough filter they can remove the spores. Otherwise, you're still at square one.

from all i've read, pm ain't toxic, so unless someone did have an allergy to it, then it shouldn't matter if it's breathed in or smoked. the air contains somethin like half a million fungal spores per cubic meter, which we all breathe in all day everyday with no adverse health effects. yeah, some spores are toxic, but pm doesn't appear to fit that category. have you actually read anything on pm-specific allergies sea?

that's some funky lookin bud brian bro! hard to say what that critter is, maybe the broken carapace of an ant?

neverbreak

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No, not even PM-specific allergies, which was what I was expecting to find very easily. I've been using Scirus and Google Scholar for my searches.

Looks like a dead spider mite to me, looked like four legs to a side. Looks like someone had troubles during their grow. The mold that grows on dead plant material? That's the stuff I'll avoid at all costs.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Since we are on the subject. I got some club bud recently and broke a nud and looked funny! So smoke away if you dare! Clearly 2 types of mold and fungi and a critter too!View attachment 347054View attachment 347055View attachment 347056View attachment 347057View attachment 347058View attachment 347059View attachment 347060View attachment 347061View attachment 347062View attachment 347063View attachment 347064

A club sold buds like that - just plain ignorance or greed

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Lmao
Read a bunch of his stuff, that's the first video I've watched of his.
Can we start calling him the Bob Ross of pot or did someone already beat me to that punch line

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

"but bubble hashing it will still leave you with the spores."

Actually, the spores are tiny and easily pass through a 20 micron bubble bag. :)
Then they get tossed out with the mush water
But, nothing is perfect, so I always add ~20% H2O2 to the icewater to start.
That kills any spores that stick to the resin glands.
Kills any mildew taste in the end product too.

Aloha,
Weeze

Top Bottom