Can hermaphrodites pollenate my veg plants??

• Thread starter shemalehelp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shemalehelp

i have now learned days away from harvesting that i have hermaphrodite in my flower room;
big buds with a bunch of seed pods (i cant believe i didn't notice all these seeds earlier).
Not seeing the signs when it happened i believe since i never experienced this before.

It is the first time I am flowering this breed. I obtained it as a mother plant and made clones from it.
The person i received it from says it never happened to him. After reading some posts of people with
the same issue, it seems that it happened by some sort of stress. I did have a stint of over 90degree
temps and very high humidity in the 5th week of flowering and since fixed the challenge.

i have to decide what i am going to do ( hopefully with advise from you experienced growers)

How the rooms are set up:: A door leads into walk into a grow room and from there i have a door into the flower room.
Everyday when the flower room door opens (flower room lights are on of course) Air transfers from room to room
hence pollen is almost definitely in my veg room. The plants that are vegging are ready to go into the flower cycle.

I do NOT want to grow another room full of hermaphrodite.

Questions;;

Is there any chance of these vegging plants not
turning into hermaphrodite?

Do they /can they/ will they be pollinated and
turn into hermaphrodite in the veg cycle?

In the veg cycle, Is there a way to tell if ladies have been
pollinated and will seed when they flower?

Also

I transferred the mom and little vegging ladies to a totally different location from
the grow room i mentioned above 3 weeks ago (miles away). I'm not sure when my flower room turned
to hermaphrodite so i guess there is a chance those were pollinated before i moved them out?

Advise is very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

V

vancerz

Is there any chance of these vegging plants not
turning into hermaphrodite? what will cause them to hermi besides stress unless its genetic and your friend doesn't have that problem so it sounds like stress.

Do they /can they/ will they be pollinated and
turn into hermaphrodite in the veg cycle? no and no unless you stress them.

In the veg cycle, Is there a way to tell if ladies have been
pollinated and will seed when they flower? the pistils will turn brown when they get pollinate(other things can cause this to) if they dont have pistils they cant get pollen and the calyx will being to swell up to but they shouldest have that if they are in veg.

it sounds like you have a light leak or high temps that caused a few nanners to pop up that you did not notice. plants in veg will be fine with no pollination problems. I grow my males in the same room as my veg room never a problem.

Reactions: Ina
B

bastard_x

If your veg plants were pollinated they will probly try to start flowering in hopes of more pollen. It will take over a month for seeds to complete thier formation in the calyx you can pinch the calyx gently and tell if theres a seed in there , most of the time you can see the darker color of the seed inside the calx. I recommend you inspect your veg plants for swolen calyx's and remove if seeded before you put them into the bloom room. If you had a carbon filter between the rooms in ventilation it would have stopped the problem. You could also use a hepa filter in your veg room for preventative measures. You probly dont have much to worry about if your veg plants dont have many white hairs on them.

S

simos

What bastard is saying is that only the preflowers are vulnerable to pollination during vegetative growth. Any pistil (hair) that comes into contact with pollen has the potential to set off the seed production chain reaction in its respective calyx.

It would be best to inspect your plants' internodes for any pistils that have changed colors (from white to red/brown). That will be a surer sign of pollination than swollen calyxes at such an early stage. You can either pick the preflowers off or leave them be as their unusual pollination won't inhibit your plants' ability to produce flowers in a normal timeframe.

M

mdTHC420

sounds like you have a light leak of some sort. dont think a slight stint over 90 would do it. i recently had a run in with pollen being sucked in the intake of my flower cus dumbass didnt filter, but i digress. seeded everything and f'ed it all up. did some research and pollen stays viable for on average about a month after being released and water will make it nonviable. if i were you i would spray everything in veg with a heavy spraying of water to get any pollen that is on there and wash down the flower room. seems like if there is pollen on the veggies then when they flip they already have the pollen on them and are ready to seed.

also on a side note. after about 3-4 weeks in flower you can cut a smaller inner nug off with a razor blade and cut it down the middle to get a cross section of the bud and an instant picture of whats goin on in the flower. no more guessing if its seeded, its obvious if you do this.

NugNutz

NugNutz

sounds like you have a light leak of some sort. dont think a slight stint over 90 would do it. i recently had a run in with pollen being sucked in the intake of my flower cus dumbass didnt filter, but i digress. seeded everything and f'ed it all up. did some research and pollen stays viable for on average about a month after being released and water will make it nonviable. if i were you i would spray everything in veg with a heavy spraying of water to get any pollen that is on there and wash down the flower room. seems like if there is pollen on the veggies then when they flip they already have the pollen on them and are ready to seed.

also on a side note. after about 3-4 weeks in flower you can cut a smaller inner nug off with a razor blade and cut it down the middle to get a cross section of the bud and an instant picture of whats goin on in the flower. no more guessing if its seeded, its obvious if you do this.
Good idea

Top Bottom