Can Hydro-Fungicide cause low pH?

• Thread starter OutLander
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OutLander

After seeing a comment about posting pictures from your own grow, I decided to post something here showing some of the new growth that I'm seeing after following Daniel's commands. I'm still not bothering to post the whole grow (no need to embarrass myself publicly with it), but at least it's proof that I'm not making this shit up. I've updated my avatar, too.

11111_recovery.jpg

11111_recovery_2.jpg

R

RMCG

Got directed over here due to HF causing a serious pH down issue for me as well.

I am not trying to run it as 'maintenance' like I would Zone, but more of a 'sterilizer' a few days before the res change out.

It definitely caused a huge pH swing downward, but it was more like 48-72 hrs after dosing at 2ml/gal.

I don't have any algal blooms or root issues, just running it as a preventative to kill nasties beforehand.

If this is normal, then I will continue to add it 2-3 days before a complete change out and not worry about the swing.

M

MediMary

RMCG, my thought for whatever its worth,
maybe try mixing up some nutrients in a gallon, pouring half that gallon into two different containers add the hf to only one, drop an air stone in both and check the PH every couple days, if the ph stays the same in each container, it would seem something ~maybe~in your root zone might be astray, your plants look good though, just an idea.

R

RMCG

MM - that is a good test, but what I saw today makes me think that the dip I saw is just that the res needs to be changed out, regardless of whether HF was added or not.

I will watch it for next time.

Top Bottom