Can I cut P out completely in week 7 of flowe?

• Thread starter SeymourGreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SeymourGreen

SeymourGreen

I just recently started mixing my own salts, and things are going better than expected so far. I’m at the ass end of week 7 of bloom, and currently running an elemental ppm of 21-136-90-45-105, of P-K-Ca-mg, and S. I cut N out completely week six for a 9 week strain. Does anyone know if I can safely cut out P now, or is it still needed in small amounts? I’m trying to improve flavor by keeping my S high, but would like to cut out P completely and see if that doesn’t help improve flavor. Any input is appreciated.

SeymourGreen

SeymourGreen

Damn it! Just realized I forgot the r at the end of flower. Damn Bubba Diagonal!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

With my limited knowledge, I believe so. I think P is stored within the plant throughout the life cycle and uses what it needs in flower more than uptaking it.

It might effect the uptake of other nutrients?

I really don't know for sure.

You cut out N without ill effects, so I really don't think P is needed as much as it's said to be needed.

SeymourGreen

SeymourGreen

With my limited knowledge, I believe so. I think P is stored within the plant throughout the life cycle and uses what it needs in flower more than uptaking it.

It might effect the uptake of other nutrients?

I really don't know for sure.

You cut out N without ill effects, so I really don't think P is needed as much as it's said to be needed.
I’m of the same school of thought in regards to P. I don’t think it’s needed as much in flower, at least towards the end, as some say. I’m also not sure though if facilitates uptake of other nutrients. I’m sure it does to an extent, but how important is that this close to finish anyway? Just don’t want to hinder the uptake of Ca, Mg, and S just yet either.

Top Bottom