Can I flip to flower to see the sex of the plant, then switch back to veg?

• Thread starter GDC5221
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GDC5221

GDC5221

I was just curious if you can switch to flower for a few weeks to check the preflowers to see if the plant is male or female then go back to veg. Will that effect the end yield?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I've heard of people doing this when they have only one grow area/tent. You might get the same yield, but I think you will have several weeks of wasted time that could have been spent vegging, when you're getting them to flower, reveg and flower again. So same yield, longer time to get that yield.

I think you would be better off getting a decent magnifier, and learning to recognize tiny preflowers when they appear around weeks 4-5.

Madmax

Madmax

I've heard of people doing this when they have only one grow area/tent. You might get the same yield, but I think you will have several weeks of wasted time that could have been spent vegging, when you're getting them to flower, reveg and flower again. So same yield, longer time to get that yield.

I think you would be better off getting a decent magnifier, and learning to recognize tiny preflowers when they appear around weeks 4-5.
I usually pull those stipules off to have a geezer behind it.when i cant wait.thats what ive done over b the years outdoors .i go right up into the tops looking ..just a habit of mine being impatient 😊

Top Bottom