Can I hook up my ducting to my bathroom exhaust vent somehow? (Safely)

• Thread starter claycrutch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
claycrutch

claycrutch

Hey all!

Setting up my 1st grow with a 4x8 tent, 2 Spider Farmer SF-4000’s and 8 autoflowers in 5 gallon pots with super soil.

I am curious, is there somehow I can hook up my ducting to the bathroom exhaust? I live in a trailer park so I’m definitely trying to be discreet, even though I live in a legal state. Just don’t want or need that kind of attention. I have a carbon filter so no worries on the smell. Just would rather not have it obvious in a window, ya know.

Any suggestions or alternatives?
I greatly appreciate it in advance! Thanks everyone!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

A bathroom fan is not likely powerful enough for a 4x8 but you could use the vent if its 6” or bigger.

claycrutch

claycrutch

Thank you guys for your responses! I should have been a little more specific, I wouldn’t use the fan in the bathroom at all, just the vent for my ducting connected to my 8’’ AC Infinity Inline Fan and Carbon Filter for exhaust

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Thank you guys for your responses! I should have been a little more specific, I wouldn’t use the fan in the bathroom at all, just the vent for my ducting connected to my 8’’ AC Infinity Inline Fan and Carbon Filter for exhaust
I would think it's possible. How big is the ducting for the bathroom? I'm guessing it's not 8".

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

Bathroom ducting is usually only 2”. I boarded up a window and exhaust and intake through that

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

But how big is the whole for the fan. 8 inch exhaust you might just be able to attach the ducting to the hole with hvac aluminum tape for the seal too.

claycrutch

claycrutch

But how big is the whole for the fan. 8 inch exhaust you might just be able to attach the ducting to the hole with hvac aluminum tape for the seal too.

It’s definitely not 8 inches, and I agree with that method for sure! Just wanted to make sure it was a safe move to make. Thanks for the advice man and I’ll definitely go that route

Growgod420

Growgod420

I grew in a bathroom long time ago. Removed fan and use thick cardboard with screws to ceiling. cut out hole so my ducting fit snug then using strap from ceiling I held the ducting so it wouldn't pull out of the cardboard!!!!

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

I just modified mine tonight. Was waiting on parts. Top hose is 4” intake, bottom
6 “ exhaust. Where I live it’s currently -25c. Now I’m playing with the timing of my exhaust to get my temps cooler for my finish.
AA528A6E B785 4DF8 B0BF D1A8AA8BDC81

B8955865 C59E 4CAD B599 5E286E883331
218DF077 2638 4B73 9F59 93D15E146FD1
Top Bottom