Can I Keep Lights At Maximum Power Until Harvest?

• Thread starter ThcFarmer1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

ThcFarmer1

'm growing with superlumens (1150W) and supplementing with Co2, but my question is about the light intensity, because in the last week or two I lower the co2 levels close to ambient (400-500) and I'm wondering if I should also lower the lights from superlumens to regular 1000W. Maybe it would be more accurate to talk about lumens, not wattage, but the point is the same. Could it be that if Co2 is down to normal, then it would be pointless to burn the lights at maximum power?

I want as big yield as possible of course, without reducing quality, but at the same time I don't want to waste electricity either. I'd like to keep my GPW up.

How to make sure if the plants are able to use up all that energy without extra Co2 in the end of flowering?

.. and please lets not talk about if superlumen mode is healthy for the bulb or not. I'm using a Philips doulbe ended bulb which doesn't lose lumen output per watt by overdriving it, and it is guaranteed to lose only 2% of lumens per full year of operation. Let's stay on topic pease
smile.gif

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You can but I dont. Plants arent photsynthesizing much at the end, their metabolism slows way down and the nutrient uptake slows... I usually dial my 1000w bulbs down to 600 for the last week. The buds seem to tighten up better with less light near the end.

madgrower

madgrower

'm growing with superlumens (1150W) and supplementing with Co2, but my question is about the light intensity, because in the last week or two I lower the co2 levels close to ambient (400-500) and I'm wondering if I should also lower the lights from superlumens to regular 1000W. Maybe it would be more accurate to talk about lumens, not wattage, but the point is the same. Could it be that if Co2 is down to normal, then it would be pointless to burn the lights at maximum power?

I want as big yield as possible of course, without reducing quality, but at the same time I don't want to waste electricity either. I'd like to keep my GPW up.

How to make sure if the plants are able to use up all that energy without extra Co2 in the end of flowering?

.. and please lets not talk about if superlumen mode is healthy for the bulb or not. I'm using a Philips doulbe ended bulb which doesn't lose lumen output per watt by overdriving it, and it is guaranteed to lose only 2% of lumens per full year of operation. Let's stay on topic pease
smile.gif
I can’t turn mine up or down but I’ve heard a few times that less light around harvest is better but I know it won’t hurt to have them at full power

Top Bottom