Can I prune in pre-flowering stage? Need a shorter plant

• Thread starter Kidbuu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brotofsky

Brotofsky

That LST technique is interesting! Let's say I want to do it, would something like this be the right way? I feel I'd break it if I bend the lower parts of the stem
View attachment 972408
Sorry for the amount of pictures and questions, it's my first grow! It's outdoors by the way
You can pinch/squeeze the stem and then bend, it will heal at the bend like a knuckle. If it breaks, now you’ve topped it. It’s a win win situation!

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Seeds won't go into flower until at least 3-5 weeks of growth. The plants don't mature before then so I wouldn't go 12/12 to start. An easy indication of this is when the nodes start to alternate.

It's possible you revegged. And that can take a month or more to sort itself out
Thanks this is my first time doing that.. in fact I'm doing a lot of first-time everything since coming to this site even though I been growing a few plants a year for on and off 25 + years I've learned more in the last 4 months on this site then I learned in the last 20 years.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks this is my first time doing that.. in fact I'm doing a lot of first-time everything since coming to this site even though I been growing a few plants a year for on and off 25 + years I've learned more in the last 4 months on this site then I learned in the last 20 years.
Collectively not many questions can't be answered here. Lots of good info and opinions

growsince79

growsince79

This site is great. I can still remember sending anonymous letters to ask Ed. Then we had to drive 100 miles to buy a copy of High Times to see if he answered- because we wouldn't dare get the magazine in the mail.

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

This site is great. I can still remember sending anonymous letters to ask Ed. Then we had to drive 100 miles to buy a copy of High Times to see if he answered- because we wouldn't dare get the magazine in the mail.
Same here I remember being terrified of getting in trouble for researching information on growing when the internet first came out... And yeah I wouldn't have a subscription to high times back then either but I would go to the next town over and buy a MAG once in a while where nobody knew me... And just for shits and giggles here's a picture of a couple of high times mag from early 2000
. I was just going through them to see what kind of information is changed through the years .... In 2003 the strain of the year was AK-47 I haven't even thought about that strain in 15 years

Kidbuu

Kidbuu

Great, I managed to get it much lower with ease.
Once again, thanks a lot guys! This is the most helpful and friendly place ever. Happy grow and smokes!

Kidbuu

Kidbuu

UPDATE: LST had great results! A bunch of new upcoming colas have appeared.
Now I'm just having a bit of yellowing on them. Yesterday I had to use stationed tape water because I had ran out of rainwater. I was wondering if it could be that. But maybe there's a deficiency because of all the new colas trying to rise.
I can't measure the pH and I know you'll hate me for that, sorry!
20200521 104050 resized
20200521 104034 resized

Don't mind the white sticky looking things on top of the leaves, it's a milk solution because of powdery mildew (it worked really well btw!)

I wasn't sure if making a new thread or continue here. I decided to continue so others could see the results of lst too.

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Looks to me like just a lot of new growth. 🤘🏼 The lighter color is only where new growth comes up.

1stonedman

1stonedman

I've been training several plants using lst and high stress training this outdoor season. Here is the result of my low stress training bending plant. Using same technique you are considering.

The very first plant right in front of the camera.
It is tied down at a little higher than half way. I tried just bending her by hand over several weeks but that just resulted in massive cracks in the stock similar to super cropping.. I cut the bitch tonight and took a limb.. she's bushy and I have my reasons.. the weed told me to do it.. anyway, she's the biggest plant I have probably.

Edit: the plant directly to the left is the result of super cropping the main stem. 2 weeks ago that plant looked fucked. Everyone thought it was dead. In two weeks it is now my 5th-6th tallest plant 2nd largest stock and has 4 heads

20200629 202043
Kidbuu

Kidbuu

Yeah if I ever grow again I'm using lst from the beginning. I'm close to harvest now and if I'd done it earlier I think it would have been much much bigger.
The left one looks like bamboo! pretty cool
Plants are amazing man, they can recover in such surprising ways. I caught my cat eating a very tiny pigweed and it was destroyed, but I gave her a chance anyways and very fast she started growing thick stems out of weird places.

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

There's going to be varying opinions on that.. I bet it stops growth for at least six to seven days.. cutting it at that spot. But that's my gut.Have you ever thought about just bending it over and tying it to the pot itself...LST is the route I've been taking as of late versus topping them... You can actually if you take your time over a few week. Get them to grow in just about any shape you want. Sorry if I added a little more confusion to you just opening up another option
I do both. Sativa plant and I’m aggressive with them. But turns out great

Top Bottom