can i put sprouts in drying room

• Thread starter dean1963
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dean1963

only place i have to dry is my grow shed. i keep it at 20C and 50% RH, but now i've sprouted seeds and have no place to put them.
would it be okay to put them in the grow shed at those temps and humidity. i'd use a dome for humidity but the cooler temps worry me.
the buds should be dry in a week so they won't be there that long.

thanks

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Staff
Supporter
only place i have to dry is my grow shed. i keep it at 20C and 50% RH, but now i've sprouted seeds and have no place to put them.
would it be okay to put them in the grow shed at those temps and humidity. i'd use a dome for humidity but the cooler temps worry me.
the buds should be dry in a week so they won't be there that long.

thanks
Not ideal but very doable. Id put a small light over them and do your best to contain it to them. Its not like youd be blasting the drying buds with it anyhow. Temps could be a bit warmer but also doable just will be a bit slower growth, not necessarily a bad thing and in your situation a minor inconvenience for a solution

D

dean1963

Not ideal but very doable. Id put a small light over them and do your best to contain it to them. Its not like youd be blasting the drying buds with it anyhow. Temps could be a bit warmer but also doable just will be a bit slower growth, not necessarily a bad thing and in your situation a minor inconvenience for a solution
am i not supposed to have light on drying buds?
shit, i've been using my grow light to keep the temps up
light isn't shining on the buds though. it was easier to get heat from the ballasts than screw around with the heater

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Staff
Supporter
am i not supposed to have light on drying buds?
shit, i've been using my grow light to keep the temps up
light isn't shining on the buds though. it was easier to get heat from the ballasts than screw around with the heater
Light mire specifically intense light degrades cannabis… especially if it contains UV.

A cooler temp is ideal imo for drying like low 60’s. This helps slow the dry to facilitate the biological break down and chemical conversions that we desire to not only help improve but also preserve cannabinoids, terpenoids and flavonoids.

Ill link a discussion on it for you

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Staff
Supporter
This is a recent discussion on it

D

dean1963

thanks for the link. i read it but don't really understand it.
i have a phone app that reads light things, so here is my readings at the buds ,
PPFD 37
DLI 3.2
LUX 1500
the light is on around 40% and is below the buds.
it will take a full day probably to get the heater set correctly because it has a dial and no digital display for temps. that's why i went this way.
1 more live and learn thing on my ever increasing live and learn list. lol
are these readings to high?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Staff
Supporter
thanks for the link. i read it but don't really understand it.
i have a phone app that reads light things, so here is my readings at the buds ,
PPFD 37
DLI 3.2
LUX 1500
the light is on around 40% and is below the buds.
it will take a full day probably to get the heater set correctly because it has a dial and no digital display for temps. that's why i went this way.
1 more live and learn thing on my ever increasing live and learn list. lol
are these readings to high?
If those readings are correct under dull spectrum light they are great for fresh seedlings. After about a week you can bump up close to 5K and slower work up every few days by 2-3k but i find the plants grown into the intensity they need and can just verify with a reading as they go.

After a while you will learn to read the plants but for bow baby steps

D

dean1963

If those readings are correct under dull spectrum light they are great for fresh seedlings. After about a week you can bump up close to 5K and slower work up every few days by 2-3k but i find the plants grown into the intensity they need and can just verify with a reading as they go.

After a while you will learn to read the plants but for bow baby steps
i moved the drying buds into my house ( much to the displeasure of my wife, lol) and can get back to dialing in the temp, humidity and light intensity for seedlings.
as of now 3 out of 5 seeds are about 3/4" tall and the other 2 are just starting to poke up. they are in a bathroom at 26C or 78F under regular household LED lights.
when should i put them in the grow room?
i took some time and have all the spots marked on the floor where i get DLI 3.1, PPFD 36, and lux 1500 and just dialing in temps now. controller set at 27C or 80F and humidity at 67%.
thanks for the help

also they only have the 2 first leaves, not the real ones. don't know if that makes a difference

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Staff
Supporter
i moved the drying buds into my house ( much to the displeasure of my wife, lol) and can get back to dialing in the temp, humidity and light intensity for seedlings.
as of now 3 out of 5 seeds are about 3/4" tall and the other 2 are just starting to poke up. they are in a bathroom at 26C or 78F under regular household LED lights.
when should i put them in the grow room?
i took some time and have all the spots marked on the floor where i get DLI 3.1, PPFD 36, and lux 1500 and just dialing in temps now. controller set at 27C or 80F and humidity at 67%.
thanks for the help

also they only have the 2 first leaves, not the real ones. don't know if that makes a difference
You can out them in the grow room at any point now

D

dean1963

great, thanks.
and BTW i do search first here before i ask, i just can't find the correct threads and the internet is useless with so many different answers

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Staff
Supporter
great, thanks.
and BTW i do search first here before i ask, i just can't find the correct threads and the internet is useless with so many different answers
Yeah always good to do your own research and stumble into other topics along the way. But equally good to get a few opinions also because its not always easy to find the answers when they are in the lake o BS called the internet lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Staff
Supporter
aah shit, 1 more question.( for now) i should still do 18/6 for lights correct?
feminized super OG Kush
Yea until your ready to flower… count on them doubling in width and height from the time you flio to 12/12

D

dean1963

should 3 day old seedlings be this tall?
i had zip lock bags over them under the light intensity i said before to keep humidity high.
current temp is 24-27C or 75-80F and humidity at 70 % ish
should i up the intensity to make up for the bags or just remove the bags?
i feel from my next to zero experience that their stretching for light
thanks guys and gals

20220618 151141
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Staff
Supporter
should 3 day old seedlings be this tall?
i had zip lock bags over them under the light intensity i said before to keep humidity high.
current temp is 24-27C or 75-80F and humidity at 70 % ish
should i up the intensity to make up for the bags or just remove the bags?
i feel from my next to zero experience that their stretching for light
thanks guys and gals
That’s fine

Top Bottom