Can i slow down my growth?

• Thread starter DevinA95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DevinA95

DevinA95

Hello, I built a space bucket a few months ago to start seeds in but I think I may have started too early. I am using a 30 gallon garbage can and have 5 plants in it. I planted them about a month ago and still have around a month and a half before I can put them outside. I'm worried they will outgrow the can or start to crowd each other. I have them on 18/6 light schedule . Can I reduce that some to slow them down? Thanks for any help

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
every time i read this thread title i think of my grandfather, he use to say he'd put a rock on my brothers head to slow his growth (he was 13 and 6'7")

that is a neat idea, a trash can! good luck with it!

DevinA95

DevinA95

lst them if you can.bend them all away from ea other...got pics..
I started lst already. Maybe I can more?

Madmax

Madmax

Oh..i thought you already had them planted in it..well that makes it a little harder...

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
a month and a half they will be 3-4ft tall..
just get them separated into their own pots, top them.. and deal with it, i’m kinda in the same boat, plants are getting big, not in flower yet as i’m holding off to take clones, geezus my friends will get plants not clones! haha..

DevinA95

DevinA95

a month and a half they will be 3-4ft tall..
just get them separated into their own pots, top them.. and deal with it, i’m kinda in the same boat, plants are getting big, not in flower yet as i’m holding off to take clones, geezus my friends will get plants not clones! haha..
They're all in separate pots. One still in solo cup cause of no room.

DevinA95

DevinA95

hopefully it’ll be a warmer spring and they can be out second/third week of may..
I hope so. I'm going to put them out as soon as possible but the last frost is supposed to be between the 11th and 20th of May around here.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you easily still could start seeds within the next two weeks for outdoors, starting them inside also.. grow those bigger and sell them as plants for more..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I hope so. I'm going to put them out as soon as possible but the last frost is supposed to be between the 11th and 20th of May around here.
you around southern ontario? sounds like the same here.. no biggie..

fishbuds

fishbuds

They can handle a light frost. If you put them out in May from an 18/6 light schedule expect them to reveg. Also, harden them in the shade a couple days before moving to direct sunlight or they wilt.
This is a good point. I dont have decades outdoor, but a handful of ok runs. First year or two, just taking my 18/6 plants and putting them out in early/mid May. Some genetics revegged.

Changed to 16/8, and timed it to the environment, kinda. Lights on 4am, off 8pm, seems to reduce reveg in my garden.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You start flirting with flowering at about 15/9 with some strains, so I would think 16/8 would be good.

Lowering the temperature of the grow area will also reduce growth rate.

DevinA95

DevinA95

This is a good point. I dont have decades outdoor, but a handful of ok runs. First year or two, just taking my 18/6 plants and putting them out in early/mid May. Some genetics revegged.

Changed to 16/8, and timed it to the environment, kinda. Lights on 4am, off 8pm, seems to reduce reveg in my garden.

You start flirting with flowering at about 15/9 with some strains, so I would think 16/8 would be good.

Lowering the temperature of the grow area will also reduce growth rate.
I will probably reduce the lighting to 16/8 tonight. I appreciate your help

Top Bottom