Can I still top outdoor plants?

• Thread starter BeachSlacker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BeachSlacker

BeachSlacker

When is it too late to top outdoor plants? I'm on the east coast and my plants are between 2 foot and 3 feet tall. Some are showing signs of budding and pre-budding like the threads showing. This is my first attempt at growing and growing outdoors. Please help! Thank you!

Can i still top outdoor plants
Can i still top outdoor plants 2
Can i still top outdoor plants 3
Can i still top outdoor plants 4
mancorn

mancorn

No reason. The point of topping during veg is to make more apical bud sites from the lateral branches (which after topping begin to rapidly grow). Now that your plant has began flowering it will no longer be producing new nodes, lateral branches, or flowers. Instead the existing flowers will just be filling out (making new bracts). If you cut off the existing bud sites at this point you’ll just reduce your final harvest.

S

Sto42

It’s Also the cooler weather/temp change down in addition to .12 / 12 light cycle chnage. light cycle change to 12 signals to plant its time to protect itself. Cold weather seems to provide greater impact for imitate flowering process compared to light cycle change. At least I’m north eat

Dye

Dye

For next time veg longer and top multiple times. I am east coast but northeast so I grow a couple outside in 5 gallon pots.
I veg inside topping, then throw outside around may, they veg until july, then start flowering.Basically and they grow like bushes.
I like the pots so I can move them if a lot of rain is coming which is all the time.
look good brother

Top Bottom