Can I top this or is it too late?

• Thread starter Terranova312
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Terranova312

Can I top this or cut this down a bit without shocking it?
It started to flower on the very lower branches but it just got too big and I’m worried about the yield.
This is my first time and they are obviously growing outdoors, so short of pruning yellow leaves I’ve left them alone. I’ve read conflicting things about never top during flower and you can top at point during flower, so again looking for some advice.
I planted last week of June, from seed and they started flowering like 6 days ago. Any guidance would greatly appreciated!!!

The second photo shows the largest flower starting on the entire plant

Thanks in advance!

Can i top this or is it too late
Can i top this or is it too late 2
PK1

PK1

Supporter
She is going to stretch another foot or two. i wouldn't top it tho. You can tie a rope to the main stem and pull it down as far as it can. Don't break the main stem but with bending it than the tops will rise again and she won't go in shock. Also, you can cut out any small branches from the inner to allow more light and air to go through.

Topping and low stress trainning gets done in veg stage while the plant is growing.

T

Terranova312

She is going to stretch another foot or two. i wouldn't top it tho. You can tie a rope to the main stem and pull it down as far as it can. Don't break the main stem but with bending it than the tops will rise again and she won't go in shock. Also, you can cut out any small branches from the inner to allow more light and air to go through.

Topping and low stress trainning gets done in veg stage while the plant is growing.
Thank you! I didn’t want to over prune but my smaller plants are loaded with flowers and my big girl is not. I thought maybe I needed to let her devote more energy to flowers and not height, I’ll keep light pruning but mostly just let her be. Thanks again!

PK1

PK1

Supporter
she looks good and healthy. Light pruning is good and if you've been doing that than your rocking. Let her do her thing and she'll be loaded with flowers

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Good luck. When is the first frost in your area?

Latest posts

Top Bottom