Can I transfer teens into happy frog soil since veg stage is almost over?

• Thread starter Slaya
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slaya

Slaya

I want to start using happy frog but my concern is sometimes I get babies and sometimes I get teens. Is it still safe to put the teens in happy soil since the veg state is already almost over, and since the soil will still have those nutrients for vegging?

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

I want to start using happy frog but how will that work if I'm getting teens or babies since it already has nutrients in it. is it ok to transfer into fresh happy frog soil when its time to go up to 5 gallon pots?
Hey slaya , that should be fine , I haven't used happy frog but I think most of the fox farms aren't a threat in the nutrient dept , go for it
I'd add 10 to 20% perlite to the mix for better drainage

Slaya

Slaya

should I not feed them once i transfer them to 5 gallons with new soil since the soil has nutrients. and
Hey slaya , that should be fine , I haven't used happy frog but I think most of the fox farms aren't a threat in the nutrient dept , go for it
I'd add 10 to 20% perlite to the mix for better drainage
Hey, thanks for the reply! Let me rephrase my question. If I'm getting teens is it still safe to put them in happy frog soil since the veg state is already almost over?

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

should I not feed them once i transfer them to 5 gallons with new soil since the soil has nutrients. and

Hey, thanks for the reply! My only wonder is If I'm transferring them to 5 gallon pots with fresh soil before flipping, will I have to not feed them until they soak up the nutrients in the new soil?
I can't say for sure , I feel like each grower has to observe his / her plants daily and see if they are asking for anything , but me personally I might watch the plants stabilize for a week or two , then see how they are feeding off the fox farm , it should definitely be enough to get them going thru the transplant and a few weeks , I might add a cup of worm castings around week two of the transplant but I don't know how long you plan on vegging the plants , from there I usually have a simple one part ( dyna grow) veg or flower nute and carry on from there ....
But I use pro mix

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

How did you feed them when you harvested the 6 lbs you were talking about in the other thread ?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey, thanks for the reply! Let me rephrase my question. If I'm getting teens is it still safe to put them in happy frog soil since the veg state is already almost over?
So yea , I wouldn't transplant them and feed them

dire wolf

dire wolf

Oh I see , yea I wouldn't feed them but me personally , I wouldn't flip them for 2 weeks minimum

But come to think of it , like @Aquaman said in the other post , perhaps " pro mix " is a better choice , then you can
Manage your feeds as you see fit without fox farms formula

Slaya

Slaya

How did you feed them when you harvested the 6 lbs you were talking about in the other thread ?
Same way we usually do it, I can't remember if I got them as babies or teens but I think we vegged them in regular soil with perlite for a bit. if they are teens I veg for a week, if clones then for 2-3 although I need to do it longer I think. Then we flip them and start feeding them the 2 part flowering food along with other nutes every 2 days, 1.5L. the reason we got 6 was that it was infected with bud rot early on so we had to harvest earlier than we liked. also had to treat it for the mold so it was basically garbage.

Slaya

Slaya

So yea , I wouldn't transplant them and feed them
Do you think its better to use regular soil without
Oh I see , yea I wouldn't feed them but me personally , I wouldn't flip them for 2 weeks minimum

But come to think of it , like @Aquaman said in the other post , perhaps " pro mix " is a better choice , then you can
Manage your feeds as you see fit without fox farms formula
My mistake, we are using promix.

Top Bottom